More Beauty Lies!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anybody used the Lacura serum and treatment oils from Aldi? They are on special this Sunday. I am using the day and night creams but wandered whether these are worth buying.

FP I use Aldi`s anti ageing serum and its as good as other more expensive brands I`ve tried. I did once try their firm and lift serum, its got a red gel and a white cream in the same bottle which come out together when you press the top but that particular serum dried my skin so I returned to their regular anti ageing one.

Collagen Gel was awful for me too.

Natural ingredients still contain chemicals. Everything is a chemical, and some of the artificial-sounding names are derived from "natural" ingredients, as someone said. The latin name is used because it is universally the same and avoids everything having to be listed in many languages.

I wonder whether alcohol has to be present to create the gel- consistency. But moisturising it is not.

On most items of skincare aqua is in there somewhere, usually at the top or pretty near the top. Creams tend to be either oil in water or water in oil depending what type of cream and for what purpose so I guess lots of us pay through the nose for water !

Im very surprised andf cannot understand how qvc can get away with not displaying the product ingrediant list, say running at the bottom of the screen during the presentaion. It should be a compulsory and legal requirement but it would be nice if they did it voluntarily to enable the customer to make an informed decision

I can understand ingredients being important to people but not sure how qvc can be expected to compulsorily give that information when brands don't always provide that info on their own website. Elemis don't list ingredients, although SBC do

Well, well ,well, so Elemis dont list the ingrediants on their own website do they? and they charge more than sbc, much more, dont they? wonder what the Elemis ladies make of that?

Well, well ,well, so Elemis dont list the ingrediants on their own website do they? and they charge more than sbc, much more, dont they? wonder what the Elemis ladies make of that?

Tristar wot is it with ur obsession with Elemis? One minute ur scared about someone messaging about saying bad things about Elemis the next anytime Elemis is mentioned u make a comment. I notice u have replied to the other thread about Charlie doing the womens clothing shows?

Tristar wot is it with ur obsession with Elemis? One minute ur scared about someone messaging about saying bad things about Elemis the next anytime Elemis is mentioned u make a comment. I notice u have replied to the other thread about Charlie doing the womens clothing shows?

Tristar are you really Fiona Brackenberry trying to dis Keeley and get customers over to you instead?!!! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My daughter uses water and nothing else on her face and it is flawless. She is 32 now. I don't use fancy things myself. Unless you have damaged skin or a medical condition, then why is there the need to put anything on your face at all?

Beauty comes from what you eat and your lifestyle surely?

Get some fruit inside you ladies.

cairossi, you made me laugh with comment, No Im not Fiona but I prefer her to the other one anyday.

This is the arnica gel we use on my partners' back maybe 3 times aday due to extreme pain, really does have nothing bad in it and his back is in beatiful condition as well. I get it from Ebay, Freshskin arnica gel, no I am not them :p I just wanted to help :)
INGREDIENTS:Aqua, Xanthum Gum,Arnica Montana,origanum vulgare,thymus vulgaris,cinnamomum zeylanicum,rosmarinus officinalis,lavender angustifolia,hydrastis canadensis.

AQUA = WATER

XANTHUM GUM = Xantham gum is a polysaccharide derived from beneficial bacteria.

ARNICA MONTANA = A herb often used in homeopathic remedies to relieve swelling and soreness and prevent bruising.

ORIGANUM VULGARE = Oregano

THYMUS VULGARIS = Thyme

CINNAMOMUM ZEYLANICUM = Cinnamon

ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS = Rosmary

LAVENDER ANGUSTIFOLIA = Lavender

HYDRASTIS CANADENSIS = Goldenseal (a perennial herb in the buttercup family.)

As you can see no harmfull ingredients!!

This is the arnica gel we use on my partners' back maybe 3 times aday due to extreme pain, really does have nothing bad in it and his back is in beatiful condition as well. I get it from Ebay, Freshskin arnica gel, no I am not them :p I just wanted to help :)
INGREDIENTS:Aqua, Xanthum Gum,Arnica Montana,origanum vulgare,thymus vulgaris,cinnamomum zeylanicum,rosmarinus officinalis,lavender angustifolia,hydrastis canadensis.

AQUA = WATER

XANTHUM GUM = Xantham gum is a polysaccharide derived from beneficial bacteria.

ARNICA MONTANA = A herb often used in homeopathic remedies to relieve swelling and soreness and prevent bruising.

ORIGANUM VULGARE = Oregano

THYMUS VULGARIS = Thyme

CINNAMOMUM ZEYLANICUM = Cinnamon

ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS = Rosmary

LAVENDER ANGUSTIFOLIA = Lavender

HYDRASTIS CANADENSIS = Goldenseal (a perennial herb in the buttercup family.)

As you can see no harmfull ingredients!!

sounds like it will smell lovely, herby and spicy ?

Linda xx

the thing with sbc is they will never say it on air is that it does contain alcahol as it's due toing one of there biggest selling beauty products . i had training with lorraine who used to do all the training and qvc shows for sbc and she said before she became the qvc face for sbc profit from selling on qvc was 700grand within a year of her being the presenter for it they were taking 1.9million by the time she left they were making over 3million profit through qvc. so i doubt either cares about the alcahol being a big part of the product .

I use the Aldi serum after recommendations here, it's excellent and very inexpensive.

After reading Busy Lizzie's post abour Olay Regenerist 3 point cream before Christmas and someone else saying it was on offer for £12 (around £30 normally), I thought I'd try it.

I have found it absolutely brilliant, especially round the "eye area". I wouldn't spend £30 but will definitely keep buying when on special offer. I can't offer any comments on what it contains though.

I try to avoid buying from Amazon, but it's available for £9.59 there at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001E50IBQ/ref=asc_df_B001E50IBQ11461925?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B001E50IBQ

Its allways annoying when someone says somethings natural.Natural can still give an allergic reaction.
I used to have dry and old skin as a 30 something,untill I tried my first premuim cleanser and moisteriser from a set on QVC (Molton Brown)
I dident have any reactions or dryness.
The superdrug and boots own allways gave me redness and dry patches,sore and I looked old.
I dont use the same beauty items each time (liz earle,Decleor,Emma Hardy,Elemis,Sarah Chapman and clarisonic),and had ive no problems with any the beauty skin care ive bought from QVC.The new Decleor cleanser is so economical its going to last me at least 8 months.Removes all makeup even waterproof eyeliners,mascaras for me.Im 50 now.

This is what SBC said on their Facebook page last year in answer to someone's question about the alcohol in their products:

thanks for getting in touch and we're really glad to have the opportunity to reassure you about alcohol content in beauty products.

The most important thing is that skincare products are safe to use; beauty products that contain water but no ingredients to prevent microbial growth will go off, stop being effective and there is the risk of potentially pathogenic organism growth. To prevent this from happening, it is necessary to include some form of preservatives in products to stablise them. However, not all preservatives are bad for the skin as long as the quantities used are small. Balance is key!

We stablise some of our products with a very small amount of botanically derived alcohols for this reason but we are extremely careful about quantity, using just enough to maintain the product but not have a negative impact. Our philosophy has always been to create products that are good for the skin; we achieve this through using renowned botanical ingredients such as Propolis, Arnica, a variety of fruits and more so we wouldn't include any preservatives in our products that countered the benefits these ingredients offer.

Another consideration is that some ingredients (such as some fruits and essential oils) contain alcohol as a natural constituent; these are in such small quantities that they don't damage the acid mantle (the skin's natural oily cover) and can offer mild disinfectant and cooling benefits; the percentages of alcohol in SBC skincare are so small as to have no impact on the skin when applied.

Alcohol isn't exclusively bad for the skin as long as the quantities used are well regulated, which is something we pride ourselves on doing. We're glad to have the opportunity to answer this question and if you have any further enquiries please just let us know.

This is what SBC said.... [edit]

We stablise some of our products with a very small amount of botanically derived alcohols for this reason but we are extremely careful about quantity, using just enough to maintain the product but not have a negative impact. Our philosophy has always been to create products that are good for the skin; we achieve this through using renowned botanical ingredients such as Propolis, Arnica, a variety of fruits and more so we wouldn't include any preservatives in our products that countered the benefits these ingredients offer.

Ah, so they're using extra special renowned botanical alcohol. Wait a minute... gin, vodka and scotch are all "botanically derived alcohols". More holistic ingreejunt cobblers from the "skin experts".

Latest posts

Back