Decleor Use by / Best Before dates

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pbceelily

Registered Shopper
Hi all I am wondering if you can help me with some use by dates. Found a lot of stash and I’m sure there’s more to come. I remember reading about how to find the best before / use by dates here but can’t find the thread. Could someone link it here ? Alternately if you can tell me what these might be ?

Attachments

• E6B72124-F789-4870-AB68-E3564A9A6A15.jpeg
    E6B72124-F789-4870-AB68-E3564A9A6A15.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 246
  • BF84EBBF-CDED-40CE-8CB3-7591CCE3C2F0.jpeg
    BF84EBBF-CDED-40CE-8CB3-7591CCE3C2F0.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 239

Thanks all, will check these sites. I’m usually quite ok with stuff past the use by. I’m still using my Emma Hardie that I think I bought in 2013. But I have far too much stuff so thought might give away to friends. obviously it won’t be nice if it smells off or has gone bad Some of these have factory seals still intact. Ah well..

Thanks all, will check these sites. I’m usually quite ok with stuff past the use by. I’m still using my Emma Hardie that I think I bought in 2013. But I have far too much stuff so thought might give away to friends. obviously it won’t be nice if it smells off or has gone bad Some of these have factory seals still intact. Ah well..
You can use some of it on your body, if it's now too late to give it to friends or family...or be upfront that it might be older items. With how decleor are now ruining their products, people might love a chance to have the superior, older, formulations.

You can use some of it on your body, if it's now too late to give it to friends or family...or be upfront that it might be older items. With how decleor are now ruining their products, people might love a chance to have the superior, older, formulations.
Thanks yes. Makes sense !! I did open the old Micellar cleanser and that’s absolutely fine

I always go by texture has it changed and if it does not smell the same as the current one I am using.

I know lipsticks develop a crayon-like smell when they are going off. But I have lipsticks quite a few years old never gone off even though it shows to use in 6 months on the packaging. MAC lipsticks never seem to go off.

I always go by texture has it changed and if it does not smell the same as the current one I am using.

I know lipsticks develop a crayon-like smell when they are going off. But I have lipsticks quite a few years old never gone off even though it shows to use in 6 months on the packaging. MAC lipsticks never seem to go off.

Disgusting taste when you actually use them when they are like that, too. As you say, some never seem to get to that stage but others do so very quickly.

Glad to see I’m not the only one with old stock and who still uses it as long as it doesn’t look/smell off or cause a reaction. I don’t use old sun creams for sun protection but as regular body lotion at night if they seem ok as well. I see Elemis are celebrating their 30th anniversary at the moment. I’m still using a huge jar of Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm in the special 25th anniversary jar. It’s absolutely fine.

Hi all I am wondering if you can help me with some use by dates. Found a lot of stash and I’m sure there’s more to come. I remember reading about how to find the best before / use by dates here but can’t find the thread. Could someone link it here ? Alternately if you can tell me what these might be ?

I wouldn't worry, it only looks like handcream....

I unearthed a tube of Gatineau recently, could be over 10 years old; a body cellulite cream in a purple tube. When I shook it it sounded like water...and it was...water with egg custardy lumps in it. I'm cross with my self for wasting money but on the plus side it was easy to empty the tube and rinse it for recycling.
On the whole, the sniff and texture test works for me; there might be slightly less "effect" but I think my expectations have lowered in that respect over the years. Older, still aging and wiser.

I unearthed a tube of Gatineau recently, could be over 10 years old; a body cellulite cream in a purple tube. When I shook it it sounded like water...and it was...water with egg custardy lumps in it. I'm cross with my self for wasting money but on the plus side it was easy to empty the tube and rinse it for recycling.
On the whole, the sniff and texture test works for me; there might be slightly less "effect" but I think my expectations have lowered in that respect over the years. Older, still aging and wiser.

I have felt really annoyed with myself about leaving things so long before using. Regarding the separation of the cream you found into lumpy water, I received a Judith Williams neck cream in a set last August which, as I had miraculously managed not to overstock on neck creams, I opened to use only a week or so later. First few uses, it was fine then one night it just spouted a load of watery liquid. I had to remember to shake the tube hard now and then but it still kept delivering water at intervals, right to the end of the tube. I should have sent it back, I suppose.

I have felt really annoyed with myself about leaving things so long before using. Regarding the separation of the cream you found into lumpy water, I received a Judith Williams neck cream in a set last August which, as I had miraculously managed not to overstock on neck creams, I opened to use only a week or so later. First few uses, it was fine then one night it just spouted a load of watery liquid. I had to remember to shake the tube hard now and then but it still kept delivering water at intervals, right to the end of the tube. I should have sent it back, I suppose.
If it says 12m after opening then perhaps contact them?

Latest posts

Back