Dennis Basso Water Resistant Lightweight Coat TSV 18/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dennis Basso Water Resistant Lightweight Coat with Print Lining & Detachable Hood
Item Number: 135100
QVC Price £71.00
Today's Special Value Price £59.96
P&P £4.95

A very lightweight, water-resistant coat with a detachable hood, drawstring waistline and both zip and press-stud fastening, this high-quality coat comes in three fantastic colour choices and features a Matisse-inspired floral print sateen lining. Keep dry and superbly stylish in this feminine, fashionable Dennis Basso water-resistant coat with stand collar and detachable hood.

A totally tonal design - whether you opt for classic Black or choose one of the pretty pastel shades of Lavender or Soft Coral, the zip, elasticated drawstring and floral-print lining of this Dennis Basso classic are all in the same tone as the outer fabric.

Flash the florals - the beautiful silky sateen lining can be seen inside the hood and if you turn back the cuffs in drier, warmer weather. Making the sleeves 3/4, combined with the pretty floral pattern, makes this lightweight coat the perfect outerwear for warmer days.

Don't get caught in the rain - made from ultra-lightweight, water-resistant fabric you will never have to worry about what the weather will do; throw it on over your outfit and know that you won't be weighed down by this fantastic coat, whether the weather is rain or shine.

Style it your way - with its flattering low-hip length you can wear this coat over either trousers or a skirt, plus the option of tightening the drawstring waist means you can wear this coat open and casual, or fitted at the waist to give your look a feminine silhouette. Plus if you prefer to wear the coat without the hood, you can zip it all the way up to your chin and make the most of the elegant stand collar design.

Dennis Basso branded press studs and zip pull
Gold or silver-tone hardwear, including drawstring toggles
Side slip pockets
Elasticated drawstring inside at the waist
100% polyester
Machine washable at 30C

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 104.1cm (41"), S: 109.2cm (43"), M: 115.6cm (45.5"), L: 123.2cm (48.5"), XL: 134.6cm (53"), 2XL: 144.8cm (57"), 3XL: 154.9cm (61")
Length: XS: 70.1cm (27.6"), S: 71.1cm (28"), M: 72.1cm (28.4"), L: 73.2cm (28.8"), XL: 74.9cm (29.5"), 2XL: 75.9cm (29.9"), 3XL: 76.9cm (30.3")

Colour options:

Black
Lavender
Soft Coral

Behind the brand

Inspired by the couture collections and world travels of renowned New York designer Dennis Basso, this collection features luxurious pieces with designer details and is your source for affordable designer fashion with a touch of everyday glamour.
All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.135100

It looks very cheap to me, and worth about half the price. It is also cut so small to skimp on material that even the elegant model (Janice?) in white trousers is showing buttock creases.

Basso/QVC are having a laugh, over £60 for a lined packamack....No ta.

well mr basso has been working on it for one whole year.......obviously nothing better to do!

I bought something similar from Matalan 20 years ago and only chucked it away last summer. It was always in the car, just in case and I'd take it on holiday (to wear arriving back in the UK!) but I don't think it cost more than £12. So why would I spend nearly 65 quid? I agree the TSV needs to be an inch or two longer as well as a third of the TSV price.

Primark recently had similar lightweight coats and they were around £12.

Now this is where I need a bit of help from all of you lovely people.

I always have a pack a mac type of thing to take on holidays. Up until recently I used the basic looking ones from Tresspass/Regatta which were ok but not exactly great looking and a bit short.

I then found a lovely navy and white spotted one in Sainsbury (I'm pretty sure) and I dont remember if I used it in anymore than a very very light shower.

However last year the weather was awful when I was on holiday and the navy coat let me down big time - it was not at all waterproof - the water was running down the inside of my arms.

I am on the lookout for something with a bit of style and colour and if possible a bit longer than the Tresspass type but must be able to pack away to carry about in a bag. I did try on a Cath Kitson one and the fit was dreadful - the arms were down to the floor, the cuff was non existant - and the quality was just awful.

Marks do some lightweight ones with Stormwear which makes them waterproof but I don`t think they come with a bag to keep them in. A friend of mine has a lovely spotty one which looked fab on. They`re around the £30 price.

There was another with cut outs/ perforations as they called them at the bottom and that looked to be the same flimsy material for £87 (133749) :(

I was in the USA last week and walked into Bloomingdales (just for a look more than anything) and stumbled across a display real fur pieces (coats and scarves etc...), not basso ones, i had to walk out of the store, i felt quite sick.

I personally don't have anything against people who do buy them or wear them, each person is able to make their own choice in my opinion, but seeing one that up close and personal was very disturbing. I've seen someone wearing one before but seeing this display was something else.

That's about the right price I reckon for a not-particularly-attractive-anorak-type-garment. As long as it looks ok, protects from a rain shower and packs down small I don't want to pay as much as £60+. I'd rather spend the difference on something else that I'll enjoy wearing. I can't get excited about things like a mac which no one really looks at as they scurry to get out of the rain.

We have lots of old family photos of my Nana, Mum and Aunties wearing real fur coats from the turn of the last century up until the late 60s. It was a combinating of a status symbol and a practical investment intended to be worn for years. When I was tiny I'd stroke my mum's beaver lamb coat because it was so soft (Lamb pelts made to look and feel like beaver fur - gulp). Nana had a gorgeous coat dating from the 30s which was down to her ankles and she wore it for about 40 years (until she was too tiny to wear it). They were different times and even though I can't bear the thought of wearing real fur I can't judge them by modern standards. There's no excuse to wear fur these days.

True Akimbo. Our older generations didn`t have the man made fibres we have nowadays nor the special dying and fabric treatments which can make a man made fibre feel like a natural fibre. Up until the late 50`s, early 60`s their choice was limited to wool, cotton or fur. Tweed or wool coats, 2 piece suits, gaberdine cotton macs or a fur coat.
My Mum had a beaver lamb coat and also a real fur stole someone gave her, both were only used for special events.
If my Mum were alive today then I`m sure she`d avoid fur at all costs and the beaver lamb coat and fur stole disappeared from her wardrobe back in the late 60`s when fabrics and fashion became washable, cheaper, disposable and more practical. During the War years they had to make do and mend, my Mum`s wedding dress in 1941 was made from a parachute my Dad attained from Liverpool docks and for a number of years after the war I think they still had to make do and mend so old habits died hard.
Nowadays I simply can`t believe what people get from wearing real fur ? Surely they must know how it`s bred and slaughtered and surely they must know they are in a minority for liking it ?

Exactly so Vienna plus in my Nana's day they did expect to make things last for years, even decades for a coat. These days the people who wear fur come from a generation of disposable fashion, all those poor animals are dying for occasional wear fashion and I suspect those celebs who think fur is ok will buy more than one piece; increasing the deaths per wear!

i have a friend ? who wore a dead fox round her neck on a night out a few years ago. she looked awful with this round her neck. she thought people were jealous of her ..i think they were horrified

Latest posts

Back