"Designer" at Work........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Oooooooo ! in this week's Bella or Best (can't remember) magazine, there is a photo of Ruthless working at her dining table, surrounded by lots of drawings, paperwork and thick A4 leverarch files and the caption is "Ruth working away at her QVC fashion collection ".

So, there we have it, this photoshoot picture is absolute evidence that Ruth (ahem!) designs all her 'stuff' and is totally responsible for all the bad prints / rubbish fit / ego self logo's and labels / and the eco unfriendly poly/elastene fabrics we have so come to hate . Well done Ruth ! 🤭 🤭 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooooo ! in this week's Bella or Best (can't remember) magazine, there is a photo of Ruthless working at her dining table, surrounded by lots of drawings, paperwork and thick A4 leverarch files and the caption is "Ruth working away at her QVC fashion collection ".

So, there we have it, this photoshoot picture is absolute evidence that Ruth (ahem!) designs all her 'stuff' and is totally responsible for all the bad prints / rubbish fit / ego self logo's and labels / and the eco unfriendly poly/elastene fabrics we have so come to hate . Well done Ruth ! 🤭 🤭 ;)
To be fair, Ruth uses way less polyester than most Q brands. And unless you loathe animal prints, her prints are mostly inoffensive.

Nah, apparently (and also mentioned in the article) Eammon dreads her working on the dining room table - why is never explained, but seeing as how their house is sometimes called a 'mansion' I'm surprised she doesn't have a designated study/workroom !!!
Photos of her beavering away at her kitchen table would give her 'designs' a too down market feel. The dining room table hits the right note of ladylike dabbling ... a touch here, a touch there. BTW, I'm fed up with leopard or snake print on so many of her clothes. Enough already ! Too many hearts, as well.

I bought her cable cotton cardigan (chosen because no wool). One review said it looked like a dressing gown. It did. Bought it in a small and dwarfed me. Decided at £52 is was too expensive to keep just for indoor wear

Whatever criticism is levelled at le Q, sooner or later a refutation/justification will appear, somehow, somewhere.

In another mag this week (double spread), she admits that (because of all the upheaval at This Morning), she doesn't know "what further upcoming tv work there will be, but she is thoroughly absorbed and loves doing her QVC collection". Yes love, we all know why ! its guaranteed money in the bank - (so far).

I bought her cable cotton cardigan (chosen because no wool). One review said it looked like a dressing gown. It did. Bought it in a small and dwarfed me. Decided at £52 is was too expensive to keep just for indoor wear
I've got an idea that this cable, cotton cardigan will drop, even if it is folded and not put on a hanger. Cotton's not a fabric that keeps you warm, either. The last time I saw it on the model, it had already gone out of shape. I think she'll get plenty of returns on this one.

It's one thing for Ruth to be selling these clothes and making money, we all have to earn a living after all. However, I don't think for one minute she is sitting there designing clothes then strutting the factory floor to check all the quality control etc. (as she implies). She more than likely gets shown a few pieces and then she says "can we have longer sleeves, shorter leg length" and such like and then her "people" go away and instruct the factory in China to make them. I don't know if they are made in China actually as I've never bought anything.

That cardigan definitely did look like a dressing gown. Denny the model looked awful in it with the belt done up.

CC

The likes of Ruthie and more upmarket Vic B. are playing at this design game. They haven’t the experience to take concept to market.It is like the old days when the MDs wife fancied herself as a designer coming in with ideas.Someone had to take them forward sort out the nitty gritty.Said through gritted teeth, never happened to me but knew of those that had to put up with this sort of thing.

The likes of Ruthie and more upmarket Vic B. are playing at this design game. They haven’t the experience to take concept to market.It is like the old days when the MDs wife fancied herself as a designer coming in with ideas.Someone had to take them forward sort out the nitty gritty.Said through gritted teeth, never happened to me but knew of those that had to put up with this sort of thing.
Like Sarah Bennett on the other channel, selling rubbish jewellery. She was head of design, couldn't design her way out of a paper bag but married to the MD and paid an exorbitant salary to boot.

Remember, Gemporia promotes family values? Yes, almost as often as it promotes family members...

Latest posts

Back