Details on screen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
Is it my eyes, or is the description on the screen in faint text lately? The price seems to be normal/bold, but the description seems awfully faint. Now, I'm only 41 and don't wear glasses, so I can imagine this may be a problem for older glasses wearers! Unless it is my eyes and you're all going to tell me it's normal on your screens, ha ha!

Just got L'Occitane on in the kitchen while I cook and Ali said that once we counted that she said "literally" 46 times in one hour, ha ha!! I love her sense of humour.

Yep, they've definitely changed them. Looks like they've taken the bold off everywhere. Harder to read, certainly.

They assume we all have 50" HD telly's, I have a 26" CRT and until it blows it's mind I am not replacing it but I give up trying to read the descriptions on shopping channels :)

Inge x

I think that it may be deliberate so the price doesn't stand out too much and we concentrate on how good the product is and then buy it perhaps not being fully aware of the cost as it's blended in the background and not at forefront. I haven't watched Q recently, but if my idea is correct then I guess that they would mention the price less too and talking more about the product.

Believe it or not i started to mess about the settings on my tivo box but could not make the graphics any better.

I noticed this first appeared a while ago, with the texts running along the bottom of the screen, they were hard to read like this.

And no, we don't all have cinema screen HD televisions.

I'm just watching a Beauty channel on 658 and noticed they still have the old bold style lettering, so you can compare it easily with the new on QVC main channel. :)

I know I will probably be shot down for saying this but Q are not the only one where graphics etc are annoying, I am finding the ads on this site so intrusive. Between Asian hookers and funeral plans and that biddy flower tool and tattered lace which every time I touch the screen I'm into sites I have no interest in. I know the site needs revenue but does any forum member use Asian hookers?

I know I will probably be shot down for saying this but Q are not the only one where graphics etc are annoying, I am finding the ads on this site so intrusive. Between Asian hookers and funeral plans and that biddy flower tool and tattered lace which every time I touch the screen I'm into sites I have no interest in. I know the site needs revenue but does any forum member use Asian hookers?

Do any of the forum members even take any notice of the ads?! I know I don't, apart from wishing they weren't there! I couldn't tell you what they're for. Hookers eh?! I must keep an eye out for that one, haha!

I totally agree though. Can't they just be run down the sides rather than in the middle of threads?

Ad Blocker is the way to go; I never see them except on my ipad.

OOh really? How do I get ad blocker? I am on bliddy Windows 8 at the mo and can't find anything. I am mainly on my phone or tablet - maybe that's why I didn't notice them before!

Latest posts

Back