Diamonds TSV on Tuesday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
I've noticed quite a few of the presenters wearing a circle of diamonds pendant. Might be the TSV. Maybe? It's lovely but it'll be quite expensive and it's a style that's been around for a while both in diamonds and eek.

Debbie F said the other night that she was wearing the TSV for Tuesday. It'll be the usual debris from the diamond cutters' floor but will no doubt be overpriced.

Debbie F said the other night that she was wearing the TSV for Tuesday. It'll be the usual debris from the diamond cutters' floor but will no doubt be overpriced.

And set in the usual 9ct gold which suits the low quality diamond dust I suppose...and no doubt the presenters will be oohing & ahhing as if it's come direct from Tiffanys.

0.5ct in white gold and its £369 should be on easy pay x 3 by the looks of it

0.5ct Diamond Circle Pendant & Chain 9ct White Gold
Item Number: 602800
QVC Price £432.00
Today's Special Value Price £369.00
Availability In stock
UK P&P £5.45

0.5 carat diamond pendant and white gold chain. Features a circular pendant encrusted with diamonds that sparkle in the light, plus a concealed bail for a seamlessly elegant look that lies flat against your skin. Be the picture of sophistication with this contemporary design, which adds romantic glamour to daytime looks and beautiful sparkle to eveningwear.

* Lies flat against your skin
* Claw-set diamonds: 36 - sourced from South Africa
* 9 carat white gold
* Concealed bail
* Bolt ring fastening
* Pendant: 20mm
* Chain length: 45cm (17.5")
* Total diamond weight: 0.5 carats

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.602800

I've bought plenty of jewellery from QVC in the past. In the days they sold 9ct rings for just over £20. I'm afraid those days are long gone. I like the diamond necklace but can't afford to pay that price , even if it is on easy pay.

Does QVC really believe that it's viewers are a few sandwiches short of a picnic? Why would anyone who has any respect for money pay £369 for 1/2 a carat of diamond, the quality of which we are unaware, set in the lowest quality of gold, 9ct? This is exorbitantly overpriced, even if it was 18ct it wouldn't be cheap. Not expensive, but certainly not a not - to - be - missed purchase. I am not even tempted by this. Generically, I am more into buying older, mainly victorian, diamonds. They are worth more, plus I like the history of the piece. Were I intending to spend that amount of money, it would be on an older item of jewellery.
P.s. This is not a dig at QVC which, in the main, has been nothing but appeasing and extremely compliant and helpful in any dealings I have had with them, and the main reason why it is the only shopping channel I patronise. This is just an opinion I hold on this particular topic.

Last edited:
We all know that the smaller the diamond the cheaper it is and there must be hundreds (well 36) of teenie weenie ones in that circle if there's only half a carat. It won't even sparkle when it's out of the studio lights.

Last edited:
I am now wearing the QVC diamond circle necklace & pendant that was current about a year ago and it's one of my favourite items of jewellery ! Mine is strong but delicate looking being only 0.2 ct diamonds in total set in 9ct white gold . It was considerably less money than this one which I expect will be lovely .

I've worn mine lots and it has been admired . I imagine this will be a popular style that will suit many different age groups . Provided one can afford it , it will turn out to be a good purchase on a ' cost per use ' basis .

My word Charlie has just made a huge slip up, he started the TSV tease stating the diamond weight being 2.5 carats of real diamond. Oops then quickly corrected himself to say sorry half a carat of real diamond.
Adding that in fact it is two and a half times the size of our best selling circle pendant.

:mysmilie_465:

Rather a large difference Charlie :sad:

"We are all watching the pennies and pounds that we are spending our money on but this is an heirloom piece with years of wear."

"It is a considered purchase but hopefully for most of us, the three easy payments will take the pinch out of the cost."

"You can be wined, dined and put on your favourite frock or dress with this piece."

Well Charlie when many families are in fact actually as you saying watching the pennies, they are struggling to put food on the table let alone being wined, dined and buying heirlooms.
Not everyone lives in the lets just say we are watching our pennies and pounds QVC land :sad:

What a stupid thing to say, and even if someone was able to consider the purchase they should think twice - it's certainly not an heirloom piece, the diamonds are not of good clarity, looks totally lack-lustre to me and certainly overpriced! :down:

I'm going to be in the minority here but I think QVC jewellery is well priced ... although I have never bought a purely diamond piece from QVC. I had a quick look yesterday and the only diamond circle pendant I could see in my local jewellers was £799. Admittedly it was 18ct gold and I have no idea how the actual diamonds would compare, but if I was paying half the price of the local option I would expect lower quality. Lower quality doesn't mean it isn't value for money.

I do think though that QVC and Gems TV et al have changed the way their customers view jewellery buying. Its become almost an every day experience whereas years ago jewellery was only bought for specials occasions, for birthdays and Christmas.

I buy jewellery with my heart and not with my head. If I love the piece and I can afford it then I would buy it. I don't want to be ripped off, but I've no problem with buying and wearing 9ct gold, as long as the piece look great to me. I wouldn't do a lot of research into cheaper options either but that goes back to the buying with heart and not the head.

I do buy jewellery from QVC ... and believe me I've bought a fair bit ... but it tends to be silver and semi precious stuff rather than gold and diamonds. But that's because I'm buying it for myself and therefore it's got to be something that I can afford without thinking too long and hard about the cost. I don't have £300 to spend on jewellery on a whim ... well, not often anyway.

To me a diamond ring or bracelet or pendant is still a "special purchase" and I would want to see it in real life before I put my money down. I really only own a few diamond pieces. Most have been inherited but those that have been bought for me are very simple styles and all of them are what I would see as heirloom pieces because they are classic and timeless.

Shopping Jenny makes the point that she loves her diamond circle pendant and that she thinks its great value because of cost per wear. And that's a very good point. I inherited some money when I was 19 and bought a pair of diamond stud earrings. I probably wear them three or four days a week every week and have done for 30 years. At the time they were an eyewatering sum of money, but cost per wear is about 10p per day and the cost is going down year on year.

Last edited:
I agree with you Tinkerbelle, I buy lots of jewellery from QVC, mainly silver these days, (I'm seriously trying to cut down!) and I'm usually very pleased with it.

However, their diamond jewellery leaves a lot to be desired in terms of quality against the price they never,or very rarely, give details of colour or clarity for good reason IMO. The carat rating of the gold is immaterial but they never give the weight either.

A piece of similar quality bought from Gems, TJC for example would cost substantially less and they inform you on what you are buying. Of course the disadvantage is you have to be watching at the right time or have access to the internet.

It would be good to see QVC give far more detail on all their gold and gem set jewellery so customers can make an informed decision on whether or not the item is good value as well as being desirable.

Latest posts

Back