Diamonique dilemma, all things tennis bracelet ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Hello friends at ST

My Mother & Father are due to celebrate their Diamond wedding anniversary (60 years) soon

Over the years, Dad has marked anniversary (40th 50th etc) with a nice item of jewelery. Problem is, Mum has stopped wearing her diamonds for fear of losing them.

One particular week, Dad bought her a 'because I love you out of the blue' gift - a diamond tennis bracelet, identical to
this yellow gold bracelet She adored it so much.. unfortunately, she lost it.

Now my desperate plea is a similar replacement, of this yellow gold bar tennis bracelet but in CZ/gold bond. Buying another Diamond version for the 60th is too risky. Also is CZ set in real gold.

I have ordered a few tennis bracelets from QVC but the yellow is this dreadful 24ct gold deep shade, very unbelievable, very cheap looking, in another case one that I wore, tarnished.
Going back a few years, none of their DIA CZ items in gold plate tarnished or looked cheap.

My question is, does anybody here own a yellow gold tennis bracelet from QVC, that looks like a pretty 9ct or 18ct, and has not tarnished? Can you direct me towards such an item please? I cannot risk chance-ordering again from QVC as I've lost a lot on P&P ordering-returning

I did particularly like Michelle Mone, however, a lot is on waitlist, and I've only got 1 month left before celebration.
The tennis bracelet has to be 7 or 7.5" and yellow gold only, with pretty figure 8 safety clasp. Doesnt really need to be like picture, but she did adore that bar style. If Mum were a white gold fan, I wouldn't need to post this!! Bless her.

Thank you so very much!
JRE :mysmilie_8:

Hello friends at ST

My Mother & Father are due to celebrate their Diamond wedding anniversary (60 years) soon

Over the years, Dad has marked anniversary (40th 50th etc) with a nice item of jewelery. Problem is, Mum has stopped wearing her diamonds for fear of losing them.

One particular week, Dad bought her a 'because I love you out of the blue' gift - a diamond tennis bracelet, identical to
this yellow gold bracelet She adored it so much.. unfortunately, she lost it.

Now my desperate plea is a similar replacement, of this yellow gold bar tennis bracelet but in CZ/gold bond. Buying another Diamond version for the 60th is too risky. Also is CZ set in real gold.

I have ordered a few tennis bracelets from QVC but the yellow is this dreadful 24ct gold deep shade, very unbelievable, very cheap looking, in another case one that I wore, tarnished.
Going back a few years, none of their DIA CZ items in gold plate tarnished or looked cheap.

My question is, does anybody here own a yellow gold tennis bracelet from QVC, that looks like a pretty 9ct or 18ct, and has not tarnished? Can you direct me towards such an item please? I cannot risk chance-ordering again from QVC as I've lost a lot on P&P ordering-returning

I did particularly like Michelle Mone, however, a lot is on waitlist, and I've only got 1 month left before celebration.
The tennis bracelet has to be 7 or 7.5" and yellow gold only, with pretty figure 8 safety clasp. Doesnt really need to be like picture, but she did adore that bar style. If Mum were a white gold fan, I wouldn't need to post this!! Bless her.

Thank you so very much!
JRE :mysmilie_8:

Does it have to be gold????

This is a toughie. You might be better off hitting the DHS and visiting the likes of Ernest Jones, Beaverbrooks, Samuels etc because you want something which looks good enough to pass for real gold but isn`t and most high street jewellers now sell a lot of CZ jewellery. At least in store you can see colour, size and quality. Personally I won`t touch any of Q`s plated items with a bargepole, too many bad reviews or comments on their fb page about poor quality plating etc.
This one is on Amazon, very similar to the pic of the one you posted, has good reviews and if you apply code PBJ20PER at checkout you get another 20% discount BUT its coming from America, free delivery but will take around a week. The store does have lots and lots of 5 star reviews though.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008P47ZZG/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

This is a toughie. You might be better off hitting the DHS and visiting the likes of Ernest Jones, Beaverbrooks, Samuels etc because you want something which looks good enough to pass for real gold but isn`t and most high street jewellers now sell a lot of CZ jewellery. At least in store you can see colour, size and quality. Personally I won`t touch any of Q`s plated items with a bargepole, too many bad reviews or comments on their fb page about poor quality plating etc.
This one is on Amazon, very similar to the pic of the one you posted, has good reviews and if you apply code PBJ20PER at checkout you get another 20% discount BUT its coming from America, free delivery but will take around a week. The store does have lots and lots of 5 star reviews though.

Totally agree, Vienna - and that's a pretty good spot as a dupe for the one JR's Ego linked to.

JR your Dad sounds just lovely!

A just because gift is the nicest of all (and doesn't have to be an expensive one). I'm a great believer, especially if I can get something old that the person has talked about from years ago, say a book, sweets, picture. It takes a fair bit of time to track down but I think that shows rather than a voucher.

i cant stand the yellow gold plating partly because it can go a greeny/yellow tinge over a silver plating. but oddly i have a rose gold plated bracelet in fact two and the plating has lasted three years wearing it all the time. dont bath in it though

Thank you all for your help .. yes I agree it was a toughie. Vienna, what can I say but a huge thank you for the Amazon link. Really I am absolutely astounded, not only at others efforts here (I am so grateful) , but particularly yours. Thank you thank you. I have just ordered, with discount, which reduced it to £37.43 and I'm keeping fingers crossed I dont get thumped by duty (its not the duty, I dont mind that, I dislike the unreasonable HUGE post office 'handling fee') I remember once the HMC added duty, costing £15.70 however the post office added handling fee - £50. NUTS-ARAMA!

You're not a secret private investigator for a living or work on behalf of MI5 by any chance Vienna? Brilliant result!

Thank you all for your help .. yes I agree it was a toughie. Vienna, what can I say but a huge thank you for the Amazon link. Really I am absolutely astounded, not only at others efforts here (I am so grateful) , but particularly yours. Thank you thank you. I have just ordered, with discount, which reduced it to £37.43 and I'm keeping fingers crossed I dont get thumped by duty (its not the duty, I dont mind that, I dislike the unreasonable HUGE post office 'handling fee') I remember once the HMC added duty, costing £15.70 however the post office added handling fee - £50. NUTS-ARAMA!

You're not a secret private investigator for a living or work on behalf of MI5 by any chance Vienna? Brilliant result!

Glad to have helped JR and please let us know if you`re pleased with it when it arrives. I`d be tempted to order one myself for that money. I`ve a feeling you`ll not have to pay extra duty because unlike very big companies I should imagine this smaller company will declare it to be under the $20 mark which will exempt it. Fingers crossed !

Dear All thing Italian - My Father is the 'old school' type flowers and chocs on regular basis, breakfast in bed to Mum every morning since retiring - Sadly, he is starting to experience a little vascular dementia, which affects his co-ordination, memory, but particularly his balance, so by the time he gets the breakfast tray to the top of the staircase, the Coffee has spilled everywhere and the rose in vase has tipped, he tries very hard, and will not be defeated!

Dear PickALily - yes I agree, the older Veronese used to be spectacular, Dad bought Mum a DIA CZ ring from this range, to thank Mum for looking after him after his bypass, and 5 years on, the gold remains perfect, matching her 18ct wedding band perfectly. Now, the Veronese range IMO is shmuck. (maybe Bronzo has replaced Veronese?)

Dear Breeze - Thank you for your link also :)

thank you all.

To sum up, it seems the days of selecting coloured metal items on QVC are over, yet, the gold metalware on handbags from QVC seem to hold their yellow colour. Maybe the jewellery manufacturers should have a little discussion with the handbag makers.

Its such a shame DIA has gone downhill. Of course, QVC seem to be in a lucky position they can sell any old junk now, and get away with it.
In a discussion with a colleague, I mentioned that the worst QVC job must be 'the returns dept' Dread to think the stories from behind those doors! (for a future ST QVC thread probably)

Certainly I will Vienna, and hopefully I will post a picture of it on here .. Im sure Mum will be thrilled, its a perfect looking replacement to the real one she lost. Furthermore, I am saving the Palm Beach link, because if it does get through, there are some beautiful items from there that surpass any items from QVC which are two or three times the price on Amazon, which I feel tempted with!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back