Diamonique vs Highstreet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lola Rose

Registered Shopper
Over the last few weeks I've had a bit of a mad Diamonique phase and ordered a few nice rings from the Clearance section online.

Now, when I received these rings the stones were, without a doubt, beautiful, as was the claw settings and design. However, the feel of the ring was quite plastic-y and light and didn't say to me 'this is something special'.

THEN, it dawned on me I'd spent 20 quid on something that is pretty much worthless other than it looks nice!

£20!! Plus £2.95 p&p

If I saw it on the highstreet would I have bought? Unlikely!!!

Glorified fashion jewelry!!

Over the last few weeks I've had a bit of a mad Diamonique phase and ordered a few nice rings from the Clearance section online.

Now, when I received these rings the stones were, without a doubt, beautiful, as was the claw settings and design. However, the feel of the ring was quite plastic-y and light and didn't say to me 'this is something special'.

THEN, it dawned on me I'd spent 20 quid on something that is pretty much worthless other than it looks nice!

£20!! Plus £2.95 p&p

If I saw it on the highstreet would I have bought? Unlikely!!!

Glorified fashion jewelry!!

Are you going to send them back? I would, even with the postage and end up lighter in the wallet. A learning curve.

I have bought lots of diamonique rings over the years and tend to go for the larger silver set pieces and 9 times out of 10 I am really pleased with the design, weight and quality of them.
My latest purchase was http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.689193.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch
I see it says this is a clearance price but I'm sure it was an introductory price of £29.54 when I bought it in January :wonder:

Maybe QVC are not sourcing as many heavier pieces as the cost of silver has increased.

They tell us that the cost of silver is rising - in the wake of the recent steep increase in gold prices. I've found that the Diamonique rings I've ordered in the past have generally had a good silver weight, from nearly 4gms up to nearly 8gms. The two most recent have been within this range and feel quite weighty and are very well made! To me the main advantage is the great choice of sizes compared to the very limited ones in the dedicated jewellery channels.....which I now find are all just a bit too big for me!

Recent purchases were these two...the second one with a CFW pearl I would definitely recommend........a perfectly formed pearl and very sparkly small stones on the shoulders.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...cid.cswb/walk.html.|ukhtml|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...cid.cswb/walk.html.|ukhtml|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html

I remember the early days of diamonique the lavender ice the pink ice. You still see these weird colours on the high street and they just look so fake.

I have a few rings in white gold 14ct, it was always 14ct. The stones are small and channel or swiss set, they have worn really well over the years. Infact I think one of them is 10 years old!!!! All cost well under £30, one was in clearance and might have been under £20?? I never had the fingers for the Liz Taylor/cocktail style rings.

I have quite a few large Diamonique silver rings, I figure no-one's going to think they're real so I might as well go for extravagant! I doubt I've paid more than £25 for any of them, and I do wear most of them pretty regularly: I wore a large 'green diamond' yesterday and it fair brightened up a dull day.

When I was preg with my son, it was during that very hot summer of 2006 and I swelled up so much that I had to take off my own engagement & wedding rings. I bought myself a lovely 14ct yellow gold Diamonique trilogy out of Clearance and wore that instead (any excuse to treat myself, hee hee). Thing is, it's so lovely and so believable that I still sometimes wear it for a change.

The thing about Diamonique (and much of QVC jewellery in general) is that it is really well made with good metal weights.

I probably wouldn't pay £25 for a ring out of, say, Wallis or Accessorize, but that's the whole point of shopping telly isn't it? It's like 'pretend' shopping.

the only piece i own was the crown ring i bought in last clicks 3 months ago and it's a very substantial piece, striking and pretty and everyone oohs over it. not seen anything like it on the dreaded high street!

I must admit to being a "fashion" jewellery fan, I possess very few gold pieces. It is possible to find "adult" fashion jewellery on the high street but QVC has such a wide range plus the MBG (even for earrings) which can often justify the prices and p&p.

I love the pearl ring Sacha posted above. Might have to have a closer look later :sun:

I have a few diamoneek pieces and i must say I have never been disappointed.I always go for the smaller ,believable sizes and have always received lots of compliments. :)

Are you going to send them back? I would, even with the postage and end up lighter in the wallet. A learning curve.

Yes, I've sent some back and kept some too. The rings are beautiful, but 'felt' quite cheap.

I just can't over spending £20 on ring that has no value but looking nice on my finger...maybe I'm having a mad moment!!

[QUOTE I do wear most of them pretty regularly: I wore a large 'green diamond' yesterday and it fair brightened up a dull day.

The thing about Diamonique (and much of QVC jewellery in general) is that it is really well made with good metal weights.

I probably wouldn't pay £25 for a ring out of, say, Wallis or Accessorize, but that's the whole point of shopping telly isn't it? It's like 'pretend' shopping.[/QUOTE]

All of the above statements apply to me. I think £25.00 on a diamonique silver ring is acceptable, I do think more for gold. I would not personally buy anything from accessorize or Wallis as I will only wear silver/gold and I cannot justify spending that on something that is not real (silver) when I can get something real. It's just a preference thing for me - that and the fact that I suffer from excema and end up with itchy hands. :happy:

Latest posts

Back