Disney merchandise

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I nearly threw up reading today's QGossip email. I usually just sweep down them for anything of interest (rare) and delete. But today, my eye was drawn to some photos of Disney novelty handbags by Danielle Nicole (I know Vienna on here is a huge fan!) so I stopped to peruse. Imagine my joy at reading about certain presenters' love of Disney characters and how they identify with them. For those of you who are not fortunate enough to have received the email, here are the excerpts:

Jill Franks is all about Tinkerbell
JF: Peter Pan is one of my favourite Disney films and Tinkerbell is so brilliantly mischievous, funny and rather fabulous. I was lucky enough to see her fly from the magic castle into Disney land! I adore this bag as it sums up Tinks’ expression. It’s too cute an accessory not to have, what’s there not to love?!

Do you really want a list of "what's not to love", Jill? (That's my comment, not QVC's!)

Debbie Flint found her role model in Cinderella
DF: Cinderella was my first great heroine, from not only the Disney film, but also the Ladybird book of my childhood where she had three changes of dress in their story, each successive night’s costume more elaborate than the last. Aged about 8, I took it to heart as a metaphor for my life – never accepting that the fairytale might come not true and would happen in the end. Trouble is, no Prince Charming yet. It’s clearly not the end!

And meanwhile you're having fun writing your own X-rated Cinderella stories, eh Debs, complete with strapping, thrusting Prince Charming, in between sweeping up the cinders in the grate at the Devon Retweet. (Me again.)

Catherine Huntley's real-life Cinderella story
CH: I’ve always loved Cinderella. The story of how I became a presenter on QVC is one that I call my ‘Cinderella’ story so it has an association for me which is that much more special these days. I feel like I’m at the ball and I never want midnight to come around! The great thing about this bag is there’s enough room for my lipgloss and phone. I’d love to take this one to the ball!

I have no comment.

If you are not into Disney character handbags, there's always the Star Wars coffret of fragrance or shower gels. Don't all rush at once.

I'd compare Debbie Flint more to the wicked witch who offered Sleeping Beauty an apple...........from the fruit bowl in her guest house/retreat in Devon.

I wonder who the two ugly sisters are/were in Chuntley's "real life Cinderella story"? She never wants midnight to come around - but I do when she's on at 11.00pm.

It's just such a load of tripe.

Just had a look. Lordy, lordy, lordy. Now that "just one bite" bag - I can think of quite a few folk I'd buy that for. I'd even put a piece of apple inside . . . .

CC

I wonder who the two ugly sisters are/were in Chuntley's "real life Cinderella story"? She never wants midnight to come around - but I do when she's on at 11.00pm.

It's just such a load of tripe.

Ha ha, yeah I bet if she does have sisters in real life, they're thinking "you cheeky b*tch"!!!!

Just had a look. Lordy, lordy, lordy. Now that "just one bite" bag - I can think of quite a few folk I'd buy that for. I'd even put a piece of apple inside . . . .

CC

I see what you mean!

I'm quite mystified by the bags generally. Are they really aimed at grown women? I don't think I've ever seen anyone over about 8 carrying a bag with a picture of a Disney character on it. Maybe I'm not broad-minded enough?

I am speechless & that doesn't happen very often! My teenage niece is mad on Olaf from Frozen & I keep telling her to grow up. What are these middle aged women on?? If I went out with friends or family with a Disney handbag they would either pee themselves laughing or ask if I was carrying it for a dare. They need to realise they are in the real world now not in the West End (Jill & Chuntley) Mind you, do you remember when the two just mentioned were wearing those Christmas jumpers for children? I am young at heart & have a daft sense of humour but I do feel there is something quite disturbing about grown women acting like little girls. Someone pass me a sick bucket!

I am speechless & that doesn't happen very often! My teenage niece is mad on Olaf from Frozen & I keep telling her to grow up. What are these middle aged women on?? If I went out with friends or family with a Disney handbag they would either pee themselves laughing or ask if I was carrying it for a dare. They need to realise they are in the real world now not in the West End (Jill & Chuntley) Mind you, do you remember when the two just mentioned were wearing those Christmas jumpers for children? I am young at heart & have a daft sense of humour but I do feel there is something quite disturbing about grown women acting like little girls. Someone pass me a sick bucket!

Coming right up!

Oh how I wish you would tweet that to them live on air and in their excitement, they would read it out before they realised what you were saying.

My 8 year old grand daughter would love one of these bags, as for me, well I wouldn`t be seen dead with one and can`t understand why any grown woman would want one. Baffling !

My 8 year old grand daughter would love one of these bags, as for me, well I wouldn`t be seen dead with one and can`t understand why any grown woman would want one. Baffling !

Are you sure, Vienna? Can't tempt you? Grown selly telly women like them - Chuntley says there's room for her lipgloss and phone .... what a novel idea for a bag!

Oh how I wish you would tweet that to them live on air and in their excitement, they would read it out before they realised what you were saying.

Ha ha! That made me laugh AndiK. It may be a good thing that I am not on Twatter or Facebook!

Your mean she doesn't have to carry a spare hair dye?

Ha ha, no! However, I think there is a useful interior pocket for her braincell so she can store it securely when she's not using it to work out what one bottle of hair dye costs when QVC are selling three for £30.

I've just popped in from the garden for a cuppa & Chloe has just hit the nail on the head. They were showing a "limited edition" Disney lobster bag & she said it was quirky & if you were out on a special night out, no one else would have the bag!! Of course they wouldn't because no grown woman I know would want a bag like that. It is so ridiculous & desperate it has given me stomach ache from laughing! Oh no it's on again- Little Mermaid Sebastian- if you want it ladies "where do you want to send it, how do you want to pay"lol.

I've just popped in from the garden for a cuppa & Chloe has just hit the nail on the head. They were showing a "limited edition" Disney lobster bag & she said it was quirky & if you were out on a special night out, no one else would have the bag!! Of course they wouldn't because no grown woman I know would want a bag like that. It is so ridiculous & desperate it has given me stomach ache from laughing! Oh no it's on again- Little Mermaid Sebastian- if you want it ladies "where do you want to send it, how do you want to pay"lol.

Nobody would have the bag on a night out, no, because they'd all be in bed. Now, if you were talking a party at 3pm at the local softplay, you might find quite a few would have the bag.

Nobody would have the bag on a night out, no, because they'd all be in bed. Now, if you were talking a party at 3pm at the local softplay, you might find quite a few would have the bag.

Hilarious!!! Just read your comment out to Scandi Prince & he asked if there were compartments for crayons & your bottle of juice! Best laugh I've had for ages & I haven't even had a Pimms yet!

Latest posts

Back