Do the Presenters do Social Media to Solely Boost Sales????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never been in awe of someone on the telly, ok maybe when I was 10 LOLOLO! Main point was using SM like FB to attract more sales. I can see it sure does and if all this pat on the back chummy wummy creeping in too. Sad people with nothing better to do I guess but each to their own. :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_12:

I can never understand the adulation for presenters but I do know they do have loads gushing over their every word. I got removed from the group Tarketta mentioned and never did find out why. Perhaps I wasn't quite gushing enough. One negative comment and you're a gonner but I never did that so they did me a favour really as I don't get caught up in the hype now. So much better here with everyone telling it like it is.

I can never understand the adulation for presenters but I do know they do have loads gushing over their every word. I got removed from the group Tarketta mentioned and never did find out why. Perhaps I wasn't quite gushing enough. One negative comment and you're a gonner but I never did that so they did me a favour really as I don't get caught up in the hype now. So much better here with everyone telling it like it is.

That's a poor show, does seem strange some of these FB groups! Great for product knowledge and costings. It's nice to be nice but find all this constant gushy comments too much and quite fake tbh! If you're going to be involved in something, especially on the TV don't you have to take the rough with the smooth? :mysmilie_5:

Thanks very much for the welcome and sorry for not replying before, think I need to get to grips with the notifications!

I totally agree with the free-thinking aspect - during my brief membership of the closed group, I became very uncomfortable with the constant censorship, as well as the endless pushing of products to purchase and it was a relief to leave the group. I've read through many of the threads on this forum related to QVC (I daren't go anywhere near any of the other shopping channels as my willpower is weak to non-existent!) and find myself smiling and nodding along with many of the comments made, so here is where I'm going to stay!!!

(I'd consider myself pretty damn techy, but for the life of me can't work out how to reply directly to posts, apologies!!!)

Grannygarden, good to hear from another of the closed group's 'survivors' - like you say, it was a relief to no longer be part of that group. I remember one poor woman getting told off for posting pictures of her feet (it was about a shoe brand not fitting properly) because they were unattractive - I mean how awful is that?!?!?

What I find sad is Fibby Flints constant needs for adoration, but you've got to give it to the girl, if she can get people to fill her bank account by buying her "slutty" amateur novels that take a whopping ten minutes to write, and buy a book entitled "When The Fat Lady Slims 0.1/2/3/4:5/6/7/8 edition" when she clearly hasn't, then she deserves every penny that these deluded people are willing to part with and that's from someone who literally can not stand the pushy, rude woman.

What I find sad is Fibby Flints constant needs for adoration, but you've got to give it to the girl, if she can get people to fill her bank account by buying her "slutty" amateur novels that take a whopping ten minutes to write, and buy a book entitled "When The Fat Lady Slims 0.1/2/3/4:5/6/7/8 edition" when she clearly hasn't, then she deserves every penny that these deluded people are willing to part with and that's from someone who literally can not stand the pushy, rude woman.

I'm pretty indifferent to her as I am with all the rest of the presenters but I get so annoyed that she's allowed to get away with publicising her bewks which I wouldn't read even if I was paid to do so. She even invited the chosen ones who adore her to a book signing and got pages of adulation in return.

I'm pretty indifferent to her as I am with all the rest of the presenters but I get so annoyed that she's allowed to get away with publicising her bewks which I wouldn't read even if I was paid to do so. She even invited the chosen ones who adore her to a book signing and got pages of adulation in return.

The shameless woman will never know if her books are read because people truly want to (ha! I know) or because they want to stay in her groups so that they can get to know TSVs early or the hope that they might get a freebie or two. I suppose getting a feeble is worth suffering through a 99p bargain basement "slutty" novel, for die hard QVCers that is, personally I'd rather watch the grass grow, much more interesting, in my opinion.

The shameless woman will never know if her books are read because people truly want to (ha! I know) or because they want to stay in her groups so that they can get to know TSVs early or the hope that they might get a freebie or two. I suppose getting a feeble is worth suffering through a 99p bargain basement "slutty" novel, for die hard QVCers that is, personally I'd rather watch the grass grow, much more interesting, in my opinion.

You know, lol!? How she finds the time to do all these groups, did she not pass them onto a Facebook Admin person. Can't remember who but seen something about this awhile ago, could be wrong as not in any said *groups* or groupies, LMAO! :mysmilie_17:

The problem with DF as I have stated before is that she reminds me of a 'sad cat lady' who has latched onto how 'wonderful' social media is and how she can use it to feed her ever hungry ego. I mean lets face it the fact that she is on television (ok I know it is the lowest form of) and therefore she can feel 'self-important' and by updating her blog (sorry just how do you access her Q blog is through Q webpage or her own (sorry :)), and her being a patron of her charity all elements mixed she feels that she can share with her 'friends' how 'wonderful' she is (in her ever deluded world).

No she is single and I suppose living on her own she needs 'friends' to 'talk' to.

On another note I suppose the rise of social media is a good sales ploy for Q to keep their 'punters' happy. With regards to the FB groups I suppose they are more heavily censored then this forum, thus as others have said anything that is anything less than 'gushing', and you are obviously not welcomed anymore.

Latest posts

Back