Does anyone else blow their own trumpet more..............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
than Alison Young ?

I'm, I'm I'm, I have over 90 years in beauty and gave Max Factor tips on make up and beauty - she'd say that if she could.

Expert advice, consultant of many years, on and on it goes. Just turned off the latest on the tsv Babyliss, as it was more about her than the product.

If she wasn't so puddingy around the chops she too would no doubt be having a face full of fillers like old Tiffany, whose cheekbones will soon be sticking out of her forehead if they getting any higher with filler.

Shut up Alison, your voice is grating, your fashion sense is dire, and you've a cruel sense of humour. But you're clearly bullet proof as far as QVC is concerned because you seem to be super-glued to the beauty department when surely there are more younger beauty 'experts' coming up through the industry who aren't getting a look in.

When I first tuned into Q it used to amaze me how their resident “beauty expert “ seemed to have no idea how to do her own eye makeup. For some reason she would always wear pale shadows, hardly any mascara and no eyeliner. I’m all for a more natural look but her eyes looked like proverbial pi$$ holes in the snow (sorry!) Whilst that’s improved, her grating voice and aggressive no nonsense attitude has not. I get the impression that she “doesn’t suffer fools gladly “ which has become a euphemism for someone who can be cantankerous and altogether not very pleasant.

I tell you what she was a lot more accommodating and friendly than some other Brand Ambassador characters at one of the Beauty bashes I went to. She had hundreds of people waiting to see her and she was patient and polite to everyone. Now I know that does not sound all that interesting or surprising but believe me when I say this she could teach some of the other presenters and brand ambassadors a thing or two regarding good manners.

So, according to AY:-

You don't need a neck cream
You can use your regular moisturiser on your eyes before you use your eye cream
Avoid products that claim that they're for all skin types
Ignore products that claim that they're suitable for sensitive skin

It's a pity she doesn't tend to mention any of these tips when she's flogging her lotions and potions on Q isn't it? 😂😂

So, according to AY:-

You don't need a neck cream
You can use your regular moisturiser on your eyes before you use your eye cream
Avoid products that claim that they're for all skin types
Ignore products that claim that they're suitable for sensitive skin

It's a pity she doesn't tend to mention any of these tips when she's flogging her lotions and potions on Q isn't it? 😂😂

Interesting so she’s helped QVC sell £500 million pounds worth of beauty products, wonder If she’s presenting the Perricone TSV as that contains a neck cream 😊

than Alison Young ?

I'm, I'm I'm, I have over 90 years in beauty and gave Max Factor tips on make up and beauty - she'd say that if she could.

Expert advice, consultant of many years, on and on it goes. Just turned off the latest on the tsv Babyliss, as it was more about her than the product.

If she wasn't so puddingy around the chops she too would no doubt be having a face full of fillers like old Tiffany, whose cheekbones will soon be sticking out of her forehead if they getting any higher with filler.

Shut up Alison, your voice is grating, your fashion sense is dire, and you've a cruel sense of humour. But you're clearly bullet proof as far as QVC is concerned because you seem to be super-glued to the beauty department when surely there are more younger beauty 'experts' coming up through the industry who aren't getting a look in.
AY looked half way decent the other day wearing a long, gauzy coat/dress. It hid a lot. Re Tiff, she really can't go any further with cosmetic help. She looks a bit frightening when she smiles, as if she's in pain.

She is a self appointed beauty expert, no-one outside QVC knows who she is. She has a very high opinion of herself and claims to be independent which she clearly isn't. Also she is supposed to be a qualified make up artist but her own make up is very dated.
I do find that odd when she says qualified make up artist as I believe Beauty therapists job is totally different to a make up artist. And as much as I like Alison I have seen her put on make up on models and shes not very adept.

As for the neck cream comments, how many years, and we are talking back in the late 90s did she put and rave about Gatineau Neck Gel, now Prai Neck Creams?

Boffy, the comments about I am a qualified makeup artist are a joke. The way she slapped, and I mean slapped on, makeup on the models was a joke! On herself, the heavy black eyeliner and landing strips of Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick. No way would a qualified makeup artist do that.

The woman talks through her arse.

I’m a huge fan of Alison Old - all 20 stones of me.. For me, health and beauty shows are about as exciting as eating my through a vintage copy of The People’s Friend, so I have only really seen her in very short bursts on QVC. I have also seen a blooper where she confused Pick of The Day with Dick of The Day, or something to that effect. In that she seemed like somebody who has a decent sense of humour behind all that po-faced beauty stuff. You imagine, that in a pub with her, you could have a good old laugh about shopping telly and how up itself and insincere it is. Moving to football - she was or is married to a former player of my team Crystal (lose 0-4 at home) Palace, so that also endears me to her.

I agree Duke of Cheese Alison Young is very tongue in cheek. I dont think she takes herself seriously at all. Her job is to sell as much gloop as she can to the suspecting and unsuspecting customers as she can. Shes made a lot of money for QVC and a nice little nest egg for herself. Good on her I say.

I met her once years ago when we were in NY and I went into the then Laura Geller shop, yes that long ago.It was an unseasonably hot day
and I must have resembled a melting candle, so make up not at its best.She and LG both stopped what they were doing and came over to chat.Alison complemented me on my lip gloss, well there was nothing else! Both she and Laura were very friendly and chatty.AYs husband was waiting looking very bored and down in the mouth.

I met her once years ago when we were in NY and I went into the then Laura Geller shop, yes that long ago.It was an unseasonably hot day
and I must have resembled a melting candle, so make up not at its best.She and LG both stopped what they were doing and came over to chat.Alison complemented me on my lip gloss, well there was nothing else! Both she and Laura were very friendly and chatty.AYs husband was waiting looking very bored and down in the mouth.
The great Simon Rodger..

Latest posts

Back