Easy Pay This Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was lucky enough to get the code but I think it's disgusting the way that QVC give preferential treatment to certain customers. After 12 years of spending a ****** fortune with QVC I finally got a Xmas card last December, but have never been invited to one of the QVC customer events or been invited to try the TSV's out beforehand. I would love to go to one of the customer events but, despite getting myself into a bit of trouble with my visa card (mainly with QVC purchases), and frequently ordering EVERY beauty TSV in the past, I obviously haven't spent enough! I think that anyone who wants to use the easypay code, and has been told on the website that it isn't valid, should ring customer services and ask why they are not entitlted to use it.

Hi Boycie(love that forum name) - well again i empathise re buying everything bar the curtains at Marco Polo House!! and having trouble with cards etc - i've done it all,bought the video and wrote the book(not to mention wearing the t-shirt - B&W of course). But just had to say for me there is no rhyme nor reason for the selection of customers receiving the vouchers/invites to events etc as i was invited to the January 2006 New Year New You event(called something else now but cant remember what!!) and in 2005 i had bought a small handful of products were as between 1995-2004 i had spent a fortune and had not been invited to any events/received a birthday or christmas card(there was no easi-pay in those days) - as i say no rhyme nor reason:wonder:???!!!:sun:

feeling rather pleased with myself because I've not used mine :)

Me neither. Have not even seen any QVC this weekend. Started to watch a bit of the TSV presentation online but JR irritated me going on about PURPLE and I don't do purple so wondered what the point was.

Used mine, but only because I needed some more BE foundation and it seemed the best way to get it.

I've not been shopping with QVC for as long as many other forumites (about six years) but have spent what I consider to be a decent amount in that time and never once been sent a code/voucher/invitation of any kind - until this one! Bit pointless for me as I never use easypay any more (discovered I only get cashback on the first transaction so I'd only get it on a third of the price if I used threepay for example) plus I very rarely order more than one thing at once for some reason so I don't really find it massively useful. Still, nice to be included for once! I really think every customer with an email account known to QVC should get the code though - as I think someone else said, it's not like a price reduction where QVC could be said to be 'losing money' by doing it, it's just making it easier for a lot of people. And I think QVC risks breeding a sense of unfairness if it only goes to some people and not others. Even if the powers that be don't read this forum (which I'm sure they do) they must know us QVC shoppers talk to one another!

Actually it makes me a bit cross when they make easy payments out to be a massive favour to their customers - i.e. "it's on easy pay today but we can't guarantee it'll *ever* be on easy pay again" (cue dramatic face of presenter). I know they're a business and need to keep the cash flowing but I don't see them as losing out, more likely to get people buying if anything (but maybe I don't understand their business model, perhaps people are more likely to return if only paid out one easy pay by end of 30 day MBG...:thinking:)

I've not been shopping with QVC for as long as many other forumites (about six years) but have spent what I consider to be a decent amount in that time and never once been sent a code/voucher/invitation of any kind - until this one! Bit pointless for me as I never use easypay any more (discovered I only get cashback on the first transaction so I'd only get it on a third of the price if I used threepay for example) plus I very rarely order more than one thing at once for some reason so I don't really find it massively useful. Still, nice to be included for once! I really think every customer with an email account known to QVC should get the code though - as I think someone else said, it's not like a price reduction where QVC could be said to be 'losing money' by doing it, it's just making it easier for a lot of people. And I think QVC risks breeding a sense of unfairness if it only goes to some people and not others. Even if the powers that be don't read this forum (which I'm sure they do) they must know us QVC shoppers talk to one another!

Actually it makes me a bit cross when they make easy payments out to be a massive favour to their customers - i.e. "it's on easy pay today but we can't guarantee it'll *ever* be on easy pay again" (cue dramatic face of presenter). I know they're a business and need to keep the cash flowing but I don't see them as losing out, more likely to get people buying if anything (but maybe I don't understand their business model, perhaps people are more likely to return if only paid out one easy pay by end of 30 day MBG...:thinking:)

bear in mind though that QVC have already paid their supplier for the goods. theyve spent the cash. and to regenerate that cash back into the business (to pay JR's wages and buy more products to sell to us) they either have to sell even more stuff, cut their running costs or borrow the money from a bank. most retailers cover the cost of this by charging interest. there's undoubtably a cost to QVC of offering interest free credit and thats probably why they have to limit the extent to which they do it. the benefit of the extra sales has to offset the cost of doing it. DFS have got this down to a fine art with their "buy now, pay nothing till next year and then pay over 3 years" deals. you have to have a very strong foundation upon which to base that kind of offer.

ive been with QVC for a good few years and only ever had two easypay offers. i wonder if its targetted at people who are low/averge spenders to try and get us to spend more, rather than the "sure bets" who spend anyway? either that or its totally random.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back