ecoegg Reusable Food Saver Bags TSV 11/07/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a set of similar blue bags for cheese in my kitchen drawer and I can't for the life of me remember where I bought them from. I also haven't used them yet because there's always a lock n lock handier to put cheese in and cheese doesn't last very long in our house anyway. Maybe I should test the bag and look at buying in bulk (DD is a cheese-aholic).

They've sold the fruit preserving bags before on Q (and bread bags too - bread doesn't last long here either so not for me). Part of me thinks that if these things really mad such a difference then they'd be more readily available by now.

I have also tried these a few years ago now and my cheese was off in 10 days, so I won't be tempted. As Akimbo says, if they were fantastic you would be able to buy them anywhere. Lock &Lock are brilliant and my cheese lasts very well, we also enjoy our cheese but I have to watch my consumption as I get a headache if I overdo it on cheese!

Inge x

I'm amazed that they are still selling these! I was watching a repeat recently and decided I would order some, but when I checked the website the reviews were terrible - most were 1 star!!!! - so I decided not to bother, even when I saw them in the outlet shop for £1.99 :mysmilie_13:

I bought the Debbie Meyer ones some years back and they were great but not been able to find any as good since. I did buy some Debbie Meyer ones from Amazon last year but they weren't the same :sad:

ecoegg 85 Assorted Reusable Food Saver Bags
Item Number: 803149
QVC Price: £18.50
Todays Special Value Price £14.98
P&P £4.95

there is an auto-delivery on 803436 but its not showing at the tsv price yet

the postage price is more than excessive and i would rather try the lakeland ones, for the price of postage. i dont like this brand hate the eco egg. the lakeland ones have good reviews and lakeland offer a mbg

I found a ruck of the old Debbie Meyer ones stuffed in the corner of the kitchen cupboard when we moved house last December, obviously got fed up of using them at some point.

I remember that they were OK, but it was a pain rinsing the bags out after each use, then drying them, so I used to turn them inside out to get 2 uses then rinse afterwards, only for things like bananas, tomatoes etc.

I remember that they were OK, but it was a pain rinsing the bags out after each use, then drying them, so I used to turn them inside out to get 2 uses then rinse afterwards, only for things like bananas, tomatoes etc.

I do that with the Lakeland ones.
The Lakeland banana bag is brilliant. Keeps bananas from going over ripe for a fortnight.

I was going to ask if anyone has tried both the Lakeland ones and the Ecoegg - I use the Lakeland ones but find I'm not really doing that well with them at present..I've started buying those packs of veg with a few florets each of broccoli and cauli and about four carrots, so I can use it before it goes past its best. The Debbie Meyer ones I can get locally sometimes in a little shop I call "almost a pound shop"..I find those good for cooked meats and for cheese.

i still have a box of these from years ago that i stopped using as they made no difference at all... i really should have returned them. although i don't think they were called ecoegg then

I bought some of these in the early days, not from the Q but the same brand, and I found it extremely inconvenient having to rinse them out after each use. I used them the once and, if they needed washed, just binned them so they were not, consequently, cost effective for me. More importantly, they never kept my veg/salad stuff fresher for longer. So unless there is something different about these bags, I can't imagine them being any more effective.
I think - and this may sound obvious - the Q priced this tsv to sell. Despite the exorbitant postage, the cost of the bags as an 'item', is very affordable. When you consider you are paying £20, incl delivery, for 85 - effectively 850! - bags, it doesn't seem such a bargain.
I think I got my original bags from the £ shop. Cheap enough to use each bag the once, then discard.

Latest posts

Back