TSV 3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 51
  • TSV 4.jpg
    TSV 4.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 54
  • TSV 5.jpg
    TSV 5.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 53
I eventually put my heating on when the current cold snap started. The thermostat is on 17C but I’m warm enough. I’ll wait until I start feeling the cold before I turn it up to 19.5C, which is the maximum I ever have it on. I am lucky that I can afford to eat and heat but I’m still being careful.

My radiators all had thermostats fitted when I move here. I wouldn’t dare to try to fit any myself.

I wonder how many of these they will sell before people start returning them and ordering wellington boots in order to wade through the house if it all goes horribly wrong. 😳

Tempted but.... I have a Google nest thermostat. It sits in the living-dining room so radiators have to be set at maximum and it works a treat. Highly recommend a smart thermostat. That leaves the three bedrooms and bathroom rads and I tend to keep those set around 3. No rad in kitchen or hall with no door between them, so think I'd be better off spending my money sorting that arctic space.. sorry.. I'm just trying to talk myself out of buying something I don't need. Job done 😂😂😂

At the last count I had 13 radiators, and I had thermostatic valves fitted to most of them when I had a new boiler some years ago. My heating is set to 18 from 0700 on the thermostat so it comes on in these cold mornings, then I set it to 19 when I get up..

19 is fine in the day when doing things, but in the evening watching TV I put on extra warm clothes. When I go up for a bath and then bed, I set it to 20 as I will be undressed, then it automatically goes to 17 overnight from midnight until 0700, when the cycle restarts. I keep every room heated.

I’m happy with it, warms up the rooms very quickly and is easily controlled in different rooms.
In one of my houses it was VERY ineffective. Discovered that the ducting was inder the floorboards and had totally rusted through, so all the hot air was going straight into the void below the house. It was impractical to repair it, so I had to fit conventional central heating. The other hot-air house was OK.

Aqara Set of 2 Smart Radiator Thermostats with E1 Hub
Item Number: 735569
QVC Price £139.96
Todays Special Value Price £105.99
P&P: £3.95

Make heating your home more efficient with this set of two Smart Radiator Thermostats and one E1 Smart Hub from Aqara. Designed to help you personalise your home heating through manual controls or via the app, this set allows you to schedule, regulate and monitor your radiator heating, helping to ensure minimal energy is wasted. Also included is the E1 Smart Hub, which works to widen your ZigBee network and acts as a Wi-Fi repeater for more stable connections throughout your home. This handy set is on your side when it comes to helpful home solutions.

*A great saving
: If you were to buy this Aqara Set of 2 Radiator Thermostats with E1 Smart Hub from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £139.96 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £105.99 plus P&P, you’re saving £33.97.

Control your heating - each thermostat has clear and user-friendly controls, with a backlight, accessible viewing angles, extra high contrast, and crisp and colourful icons. Plus, the Aqara app makes controlling the temperature room by room and setting smart schedules for desired periods of time from your phone even easier. Got devices in different homes? Multi-home support also allows you to set up independent controls for each of them!

Excellent energy efficiency - these clever thermostats consistently work to reduce wasted energy. Using in-built temperature sensors, they easily adjust their heat depending on the temperature of the room, while automatic door and window protection ensures that energy won't be wasted in case of open doors and windows. For even more accurate temperature control, you can connect a separate Aqara temperature and humidity sensor (sold separately) and keep it in a convenient location in the room. This can then be used to control the radiator thermostat, perfect for when your radiator is located in a cover or behind furniture.

Cosy on-demand - never worry about coming back to a chilly home with Geo-fencing. Utilising Aqara Home location-based automation, the thermostats are designed to begin heating your home as you begin to approach, meaning you can enjoy perfect warmth when you arrive without wasting heat. Off on holiday? Geo-fencing can also help to protect against frozen pipes by warming them periodically while you are away.

Stronger for longer - the clever Hub E1 not only expands your ZigBee network, but also acts as a Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz repeater for up to two devices, making the coverage of your other Wi-Fi devices stronger and more stable. *

'Alexa! Turn up the heat' The handy Hub E1 makes these thermostats compatible with most popular voice assistants, meaning connecting your existing smart home devices for synchronising and controlling your devices is even easier.

Up to one year battery life - enjoy far fewer battery changes thanks to the Zigbee protocol and energy-efficient hardware, which allows the thermostat battery to last up to one year. **Battery life may vary depending on usage.

Easy installation - each thermostat includes three adapters which make them compatible with the majority of radiator valves. Plus, with few additional tools required, installing your thermostats is quicker and easier. The Hub has a USB port which can be powered from almost any USB-equipped device, such as a mobile phone charger, outlet, PC, or even your Wi-Fi router. Plus, with a 210° adjustable shaft, it can easily fit into tight or awkward spaces.

Plenty of help available - if you need any help installing or getting to grips with your new Aqara devices, please contact Aqara's phone support hotline on 01384 414 200 or email them at [email protected] .

• *Wi-Fi repeater function supports a max of 2 Wi-Fi devices
  • One-year battery life - **this is based on the device operating 8 times a day for 165 days and operating once every 2 weeks for 200 days
  • Geofencing and Multi-Home Support will begin heating before you get home
  • Configurable smart schedules
  • External temperature readings
  • Thermostat is controllable via Wi-Fi when connected to the Hub
  • Easy setup using the Aqara Smartphone App on iOS and Android
  • Multiple ways to control: Aqara App, Apple HomeKit, Alexa and Google Home Assistant
  • Matter support - available in 2023 via OTA firmware upgrade
  • Hub has 210 degrees adjustable shaft
  • Smart schedule and door or window open detection
  • Zigbee 3.0 Hub for 32 Devices (extendable up to 128 Devices by using other Aqara devices that have repeater router functionality)
  • Hub requires USB power socket (not included)
  • Hub Wi-Fi requirement: 2.4Ghz
  • Thermostat measures (each): 5.7cm x 8.9cm (2.2" x 3.5")
  • Hub measures: 10.8cm x 3cm x 0.8cm (4.3" x 1.2" x 0.3")

Contains:

• 2 x Smart Radiator Thermostat
  • 4 x 1.5V AA Batteries
  • 6 x Adapters RA, RAV, RAVL
  • 2 x User Manuals
  • 1 x Smart Hub E1
  • 1 x Hub User Manual

All measurements are approximate

As usual, Lee’s presentation was full of waffle 🙄 so it’s just as well that my radiators already have thermostatic controls on them because I wouldn’t have a clue as to how to use the TSV ones.

I've just seen the video, and I was wrong when I said you would need a plumber but the reason is THEY ARE NOT THERMOSTATIC RADIATOR VALVES AT ALL that you are replacing, just the knob on the top.

The valve itself that actually controls the water flow is the bit below the knob which is attached to the radiator and has water in it, and would need a plumber.

So you are just paying for a new knob THAT NEEDS BATTERIES! The old ones don't, and as soon as the battery runs out on the QVC ones they will be useless, so yet more batteries to monitor and change.

The only advantage of the QVC ones that I can see are that they tell you the actual room temperature, and you can adjust them from your phone instead of all the effort needed to turn a knob,

I watched the presentation and wasn't tempted in the slightest. I did, however learn from watching it that if you turn the thermostate down in rooms you're not using, it makes the heating system more efficient and econononical.

Fortunately, I fixed my energy deal for three years in September 2021 and hopefully this craziness will be over by then.

I watched the whole video, he mentioned the hub, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say what to do with it. But I'm not going to listen to the waffle all over again.

He skated over what to do with the hub - you need to charge it and he briefly mentions the various options for doing so - it all sounded like it would be a bit of a faff to me.

I watched the presentation and wasn't tempted in the slightest. I did, however learn from watching it that if you turn the thermostate down in rooms you're not using, it makes the heating system more efficient and econononical.

Fortunately, I fixed my energy deal for three years in September 2021 and hopefully this craziness will be over by then.
OH's house has only got 4 radiators on a very powerful boiler, so it comes on for a few seconds, then off for a short time, then on again.

This continuous cycling of the boiler is not at all efficient, and would be better with more radiators.

On the other hand, I have the same model of boiler and at least 13 radiators, so my boiler is not really powerful enough so it stays on almost continuously, and that is not efficient either.

Latest posts

Back