Elizabeth Grant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
The BAs skin looked flawless... smooth, and with that glow they all talk about. But I noticed that her face was unmoving/rigid. Her mouth moved and her eyes blinked but that was all. Her one and only smile looked painful. Cheeky to do this when you're convincing people to buy face cream that will make you look like her. I assume the lack of facial expression is due to fillers and botox. Costly to have done and keep maintaining, but she can afford it. However there's a bit of false advertising going on that is cheesy and unfair to prospective buyers. I know she's not the only one.

Shopping channels are actually just lots of advertisements for products all strung together.

Therefore if a beauty BA has had work done be it botox, fillers or surgery they should be obliged to make that clear during their presentation, at best it is disingenuous to imply that using whatever gloop they are flogging is responsible for their smooth plump visage but in my opinion it is downright dishonest false advertising and the ASA should clamp down on it.

I think that the 'Qualified Beauty Expert' as had some help too.

Shopping channels are actually just lots of advertisements for products all strung together.

Therefore if a beauty BA has had work done be it botox, fillers or surgery they should be obliged to make that clear during their presentation, at best it is disingenuous to imply that using whatever gloop they are flogging is responsible for their smooth plump visage but in my opinion it is downright dishonest false advertising and the ASA should clamp down on it.

I think that the 'Qualified Beauty Expert' as had some help too.
You took the words out of my mouth

Same goes for the models who wear hair extensions and dry their hair in front of the camera. Loosely speaking it is their hair, but the beautiful results are often due to the extra pieces interwoven into their natural hair. However, I doubt anyone would mention this. They don't have to and neither do the skin care BA's. If they've had 'help' with injections and fillers, their skin still needs moisturising and smoothing. This would be their answer, I think.

Latest posts

Back