Emu Jolie slippers, advice needed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I am hoping that someone might be able to give me some advice about the Emu Jolie slipper. I really fancy a pair for the winter but the reviews aren't all that great.(ltem 125435.) I wondered if anyone on this forum has a pair and what they think of them. I bought some of the Stinger Lo boots a few years ago and wasn't all that impressed, especially as the big toe went through the sheepskin after not all that many uses! My niece has a lovely pair of Ugg slippers and l am tempted to splash out a bit more and buy some of them, they are a good £25 more though. I would be very grateful for any comments that people may have.

I buy my sheepskin boots & slippers from Kiwi Sheepskins, direct from New Zealand, they are fab quality and usually delivered within a week. Prices include airmail delivery and duty, so no nasty surprises on arrival.

go for the uggs. i have a pair of ugg slippers and the quality is superb. emu quality is not great. imo...my sister bought 4 pairs of the jolies and had to return all of them mainly because the sole was wearing through on the heel and the uppers were not deep enough causing the slippers to be a poor fit. my sister has replaced all of the emu's with uggs. they last for years.

if you want an ugg bargain you could try mandm direct. they sometimes do slippers at bargain bucket prices. if not bite the bullet you will not be disapointed. generally imo uggs are a better product. dont fall for the qvc hype of emu being the origional ugg company. if indeed thats true they should have far better products than they do:mysmilie_59:

Check out Shepherd sheepskin slippers, I've had a pair for three years and they still look as good as new. Celtic and co are good too. Stay away from big branded mass produced sheepskin products, you pay over the odds for a big name and get lesser quality.

I had a pair a couple of years back when they were a bargain price on Amazon. I liked the look of them very much and although the sheepskin wore down I didn't worry about it and they lasted me probably a couple of years. i had other slippers that I also wore but probably wore them most.

I was happy with the purchase and the quality but please remember I got them at a good price I think around £30-£40. They eventually got a little grubby and smelly and so I replaced them. I wouldn't buy them again not because I don't like them though, I still love the look but because they are very very flat and I have a lot of pain if my arches aren't supported. I love my vionic slippers and shoes now and also fitflops are pretty comfortable too.

My daughter bought me a pair of emu bootie slippers for Christmas about two years ago, I think they were a tsv and about £75. They are the best slippers I have ever had... I have wore them summer and winter since I have had them. My ankles always did swell up in the heat but not since I have had these slippers, my feet never sweat. I am desperate for them to come back on qvc to get another pair...they have proved brilliant for me.

I bought a pair years ago when I was in my "dearer so it must be better" stage, they lasted five weeks before the stitching came away, I bought a pair of Dr Kellers from Windsors that were a similar design for £9.99 and they were lovely, warm and lasted for ages.

I got some of the emu ones in last clicks last year but within the 30 days the sheepskin had worn away where my heel had been, so I sent them back

I have uggs and love them, I bought the emu for my mum last christmas and they were nice, but I didn't think they were as good as my Uggs.

Don't buy the new Emu Jolie slippers, the quality is truly awful. I had a pair of the old style which lasted me a good 2 years, so ordered another pair expecting them to be of a similar quality. Within 4 weeks the sheepskin in the heel part had started to wear thin, after 3 months it was bald! I phoned CS who sent me a prepaid label and refunded every penny I'd paid. I will now be looking at some of the suggestions on here.
Can anyone recommend the Skechers slippers?

go for the uggs. i have a pair of ugg slippers and the quality is superb. emu quality is not great. imo...my sister bought 4 pairs of the jolies and had to return all of them mainly because the sole was wearing through on the heel and the uppers were not deep enough causing the slippers to be a poor fit. my sister has replaced all of the emu's with uggs. they last for years.

if you want an ugg bargain you could try mandm direct. they sometimes do slippers at bargain bucket prices. if not bite the bullet you will not be disapointed. generally imo uggs are a better product. dont fall for the qvc hype of emu being the origional ugg company. if indeed thats true they should have far better products than they do:mysmilie_59:

I had my son a pair of leather ugg shoes on M&M direct for like £40 when they were £120+ on Ugg direct... he thought i was being generous and I saved myself enough to treat myself to a handbag haha

Don't waste your money on Emu slippers, they are very poor quality - the heel area on mine was bald within weeks.

I bought a pair of the Emu Jolie slippers when they were a TSV a while ago. I got rid of them ............. not because they weren't comfortable, but because I bought them in black and the soles left dark marks on my cream carpet which wouldn't come out. I've now got a new cream carpet and any slippers I get in future will have white or pale soles, and will be a lot less expensive.

Thanks everyone for all your very useful comments. I am definitely going to avoid the Emu slippers. I really do fancy some Ugg ones but l also like the look of the Celtic sheepskin ones. My husband thinks l am crazy even contemplating spending this sort of money on a pair of slippers. I am on my feet all day at work and it really is bliss to come home and put my slippers on so l see it as an investment!

I'm a bit late here but I don't think the mule type slippers keep my feet very warm. I've never bought Emus but I have got two pairs from Celtic & Co. The mules are hardly ever worn. The Venetian slippers have been worn to death. About £10 more but worth it.

If you are on your feet all day you might want to consider slippers with added under arch support. I buy M&sS bootie style ones as I get cold ankles but they have these mule ones for £10
http://www.marksandspencer.com/secret-support-bow-mule-slippers/p/p22326466

I can't find the bootie ones on their website this year. Luckily I bought 3 pairs in the sale last year. They last about 18 months of constant wear as I work from home.

I had a pair of the Jolie slippers. The sole came unstuck on one very quickly. I hot glued it back together and it came off again! Super comfy but I wouldn't buy them again, I expect better for that sort of money :( I bought the Skechers OTO the other day but it's too warm to wear them yet, they do feel nice and snuggly though.

Latest posts

Back