Emus come into their own?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yesilkedi

Registered Shopper
The Emu's I bought before Christmas (and then regretted!) are now on my feet, being used as slippers. It's so darned cold here I got the wretched things out of their box just to see if they could keep my feet warm and they are gradually heating up. At least I don't feel so guilty now about spending such an obscene amount of money on something I doubt very much I'll really wear outdoors.

I have had emus for the past few years and wouldn't be without them now. They are on my feet from October to May. And yes they really come into their own when it is this cold.

i bought Emus for the first time before Xmas, then never took them out of the box,,, hasn't really been that cold til now BUT they were worth every penny when i wore them for the first time on Sunday,, queueing to go into the studios for Dancing On Ice .. never been so cold but my feet were toasty !! Even glad of them in the studio.. was still cold next to the ice rink.

Looking at the forecast, i think i will get good wear out of them now :)

I find the warmth and the comfort of my Emu's quite blissful ! It's taken me quite a while to get used to wearing my Hi Stingers , because of the 'ugly boot ' design and originally I thought they were unsuitable for someone of my mature years. At this time of the year the comfort factor wins every time !!

I've even bought some jeggings so that the trousers fit more neatly into the tops. In my opinion genuine Emus are a real investment and , if treated with respect , will last a long time.

I was lucky enough to be given a pair before Christmas and must confess that I've worn them everyday since. It may be cold outside but my toes are lovely and warm. Big thanks to my Mum.

Bought some Emu/Ugg style bootee slippers from Bid up recently - fantastic, pink suede with fur lining and non slip rubber soles - brilliant . Around £12.99 (and worn to the shops !!!!!)

have ugg and emu's and i hope to god they dont ever go out of fashion as i would have to stock plie them for the rest of my life. comfy,warm and lux..

Bought some Emu/Ugg style bootee slippers from Bid up recently - fantastic, pink suede with fur lining and non slip rubber soles - brilliant . Around £12.99 (and worn to the shops !!!!!)

I've got a pair of M&S secret support fleece lined indoor boots (out of stock currently I think) circa £18. My feet have never been so warm or so comfortable in the cold weather. Apparently they can be machine washed but I'm not planning to try that. If I had bought Emus I'm sure that I would have only worn them indoors because I still think that they are too ugly. Same with crocs - I only wear them at home in the summer

I wear Uggs and Emus all winter and use an old pair of emus as slippers. I bought new Emu insoles for them and I can't imagine ever wearing anything else on my feet during the cold weather.

I love Bearpaw, get them from T K Max, you have to grab them when you see them, so I have bought them "out of season" but so worth it when we have this artic cold. Never had Emus or Uggs as my budget can't go that far but I am very happy with my two pairs of Bearpaws, one tan and one dark brown and I too pray to the gods of fashion (and that is not Glen Campbell!!) that they never ever go out of style.

I wear my old emu's to work.Including this pair,I have two pairs of emu's and although I've worn them lots,I wouldn't buy another pair.I think the price is getting extortionate - which I wouldn't mind paying if the fit and size were perfect,but its not.My Uggs are far a superior fit.

Like lots of you,I was totally in love with my emu's when I first starting wearing them - but now they're oversized and baggy - despite one pair being a 6 and the other a 7 (and I buy a 7 in everything),so which size should you go for?! the only positive thing I can really say hand on heart,is I've worn my size 6 lo stingers to work since about October.They've been out in mud,rain,children stepping on them,scooters driven over them and they've worn fantastically well.I have protected them with spray - but a long time ago - and they look very good indeed for the abuse they've had.

Even taking all the sales talk into account, I still do not believe that sheepskin boots can keep your feet cool on a hot day..........unless any Forumites can tell me any different.

Unless you are a surfer with cold feet I also doubt you'd be wearing them in Summer. I have cheapy Ella boots ( from Amazon not IW) and they are lovely and warm as slippers. I have a great pair of Alegria boots which are more structured than ugly boots cos I need ankle support, however, my 26 year old step daughter told me they look cool!

Latest posts

Back