End of anything goes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes it was lovely thing to say and thanks Chinagirl, the bread pudding is M&S I cant cook at all.

I must confess to buying 90% of my food in M&S - I live solo so it's affordable. Not keen on custard though, much prefer cream on my puds.

Linda XX

Thought Anything Goes was dreadful - amateurish, forced, embarrassing - especially with all that air time for the entirely pointless Will and his ****** iPad. Can't imagine they managed to sell as much gear as in a normal show with all the waffle and filler distracting from the push.

I did like it when they had Debbie Greenwood doing the will role in the greenroom, but felt sorry Debbie greenwood wasnt the headline 'anything goes' act that evening, she deserved star billing, I like debbie Greenwood a lot.

I only saw snippets of the 'anything goes' format but if you enjoy watching it well & good.It does not (IMO) have much competition from main stream telly!I said in another thread I am being much more discerning as to what I buy from Q so any hype & presentation would not draw me in to buying ( unless it was something I really wanted/good value) I can't generally stand all this tweeting but then I am not into all that, including Facebook.

Thought Anything Goes was dreadful - amateurish, forced, embarrassing - especially with all that air time for the entirely pointless Will and his ****** iPad. Can't imagine they managed to sell as much gear as in a normal show with all the waffle and filler distracting from the push.

I agree, imo it was the biggest load of codswallop I have ever seen...Sorry to the people that enjoyed it, but I for one hope that it never comes back....

I found it embarassing to watch too. It was very forced.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I will so miss it. I felt part of it all, partly why Im back here. I thought the format needed longer to establish itself.

Got to admit I didn't enjoy the format. So in that time honoured fashion I switched off. Though I chose to do so without being told to!!

i suppose it largely depends who's on. if it's your favourite presnters who bounce of each other well, it's probably reasonably entertaining in comparison with a monologue. if it's a competing shriekfest, a different matter entirely. it was apparently very popular initially at xmas - enough to make them do more of the same.

I think maybe it was popular at the start, and then they decided to replicate it, and tried to hard, and it came across as
desparate, and trying to be funny, and Debbie eating that chocolate, i will never forget or understand, and Phil dressed
as a wooman, no no no. I never watched after that, it was embarrassing. They are not a tele show, they are a shopping
channel, and should concentrate on that, and don't get me started on the tweeting :sleepy:

How can a program on a shopping channel embrasses, Anything Goes, as it said in the title, means that anything could happen, and if it means presenters scoofing chocolate, or fooling around, and being a bit out of the ordinary, then so be it.

What i personally find embrassing and sad, is when presenters, have to spout rubbish about a pair of earings or what diamonique is with every item.

Diamonique hour for example, no need to tell viewers what the stone is every 5 minutes.

And the way they talk about every item for like 15 minutes, i find difficult to listen to, as you would no within a minute if u want the item.

Im guessing you wouldnt watch the channel normally, if you didnt want something they were sellling, you wouldnt watch a jewellery show or fashion or beauty, if you had no interest in buying said items, you could watch a proper TV show instead.

I liked anything goes, as it was the ordinary, shopping channel presenter, just spouting off, but it was them interacting, with the customers, and letting them really feel a part of the show, nice to see the quests be more relaxed.

Latest posts

Back