Ex QVC Presenters on the radio!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry to hear about your break in, it happened to me years ago & I still remember the feeling I had when I walked in the house & realised what had happened.A note to anyone if it unfortunately happens to you--- cancel any bank cards even if you think they haven't been found.A friend had been burgled & was relieved they hadn't found his cards ( or so he thought)& didn't cancel them, they had found them & copied them & tried to use some time later.

Brissles contact your local locksmith and get them to fit a "London bar" or a Birmingham bar. It's like a metal strong strip that stops them from jemmying the door. The locksmith fitted on here. It reinforces the frame and is very effective and costs relatively little money.

I have the locksmith coming this afternoon, so thanks for that bit of advice. I certainly shall mention it to him.

So glad for this site, you find info out that you would not otherwise know about.

I do hope you get over the violation of your home and can begin to relax again, it is a sad society we live in these days when it is almost acceptable to take someones possessions just because you want them.

I think I am exceptionally lucky I live in a small village in rural Cornwall and can go for weeks with out locking my front door day or night whether I am home or not. I am trying to remember to lock the door at bed time and when I go out but still forget more days than I remember.

I live in a small village too, but it was one of the nights that my immediate neighbour 'forgot' to lock her back door, that the intruders got in. You just cant afford to let your guard down for a second in this day and age - regardless of where you live.

Plus for God's sake PLEASE remember that if you leave your doors unlocked you most probably invalidate your home contents insurance. So no point paying the premiums.

Latest posts

Back