Fashion On Friday With... a velvet balloon dress

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21102

Guest Shopper
I couldn't believe I'd heard right so I listened carefully and wrote down what Julia Roberts said in that hour:
"I'm just gigging like mad actually [she wasn't] because I'm five foot four, okay, fairly average height, um, it's quite long on me, this dress, you know, mid-calf. Looking across at Jo [Julia makes huge circle with her arms] who's seventy-five foot - oh, no, she's just six foot tall - um - but it does come up shorter as you can see so it comes up knee length, so actually, um, because Jo's in the small and she's wearing, um, you know, she's tall and she's wearing the small it is coming up on the knee but with the opaque tights the length is still fabulous."
Jo is a slightly more mature, very elegant model.
Words fail me.

It must be a year that she had this ankle op, and she's still clodding about in trainers. For years we had to endure the black toe posts, so she doesn't exactly ring the changes does she.

As for the others, I've noticed the feet of a lot of BA's (tonights Molton Brown and Abbi Horne et al ), are now favouring this biker ankle boot with silver buckles, and worn with tea dresses, floaty skirts and everything but a ****** swimsuit - honestly talk about lemmings, where one leads .......................

I couldn't believe I'd heard right so I listened carefully and wrote down what Julia Roberts said in that hour:
"I'm just gigging like mad actually [she wasn't] because I'm five foot four, okay, fairly average height, um, it's quite long on me, this dress, you know, mid-calf. Looking across at Jo [Julia makes huge circle with her arms] who's seventy-five foot - oh, no, she's just six foot tall - um - but it does come up shorter as you can see so it comes up knee length, so actually, um, because Jo's in the small and she's wearing, um, you know, she's tall and she's wearing the small it is coming up on the knee but with the opaque tights the length is still fabulous."
Jo is a slightly more mature, very elegant model.
Words fail me.
Most of the female presenters poke fun at the tall, size small models, but never joke about the short fat ones.

It must be a year that she had this ankle op, and she's still clodding about in trainers. For years we had to endure the black toe posts, so she doesn't exactly ring the changes does she.

As for the others, I've noticed the feet of a lot of BA's (tonights Molton Brown and Abbi Horne et al ), are now favouring this biker ankle boot with silver buckles, and worn with tea dresses, floaty skirts and everything but a ****** swimsuit - honestly talk about lemmings, where one leads .......................
It was at the beginning of February & I can't see that she'd be advised to wear trainers for the rest of her days. She's obviously not interested in shoes, as shown by her love of the black toe posts & the Markon boots that she brought out every autumn for years. The biker boots...

I wonder if they're on a mission to provoke responses on this site so they can have jolly Christmas laughs, they're one by one doing or saying such silly things. If this is the case, it's very childish and unprofessional but if it keeps everyone happy and entertained, it may be worth it.

Watch out for the next gripping instalment of I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Onto Their Website!

It was at the beginning of February & I can't see that she'd be advised to wear trainers for the rest of her days. She's obviously not interested in shoes, as shown by her love of the black toe posts & the Markon boots that she brought out every autumn for years. The biker boots...
I’m sure some years ago she posted a picture of her brothers wedding, and she was wearing emu boots!

She also wrote mockingly of their choice of wedding. Something to do with a wedding in a helicopter/ light plane? Something like that. Anyway she is so full of herself and in her mind superior to everyone one else and I for one can’t see why. I also detect a craftily disguised jealousy of her son’s girlfriend. Young, pretty brunette, possibly taller than her. At the moment it conceals itself by being complimentary about her cakes. This is quickly followed by telling us about the cakes she has made. Photos etc. It is all very subtle but very obvious.

I suppose if you go to a winter wedding & it's snowy & cold you might just get away with wearing that type of boot, however, something makes me think it was a tad spiteful. Our younger daughter got married on 22nd December, I wore black silk stilettoes & nobody commented on any aspect of my outfit because it wasn't MY day.

She also wrote mockingly of their choice of wedding. Something to do with a wedding in a helicopter/ light plane? Something like that. Anyway she is so full of herself and in her mind superior to everyone one else and I for one can’t see why. I also detect a craftily disguised jealousy of her son’s girlfriend. Young, pretty brunette, possibly taller than her. At the moment it conceals itself by being complimentary about her cakes. This is quickly followed by telling us about the cakes she has made. Photos etc. It is all very subtle but very obvious.

Yes, potential mother-in-laws don't cover themselves in glory when there's a more beautiful and younger version pitching up to 'steal' their boy away. They forget they were once a girlfriend themselves !!!

And....slimmer

Yes, potential mother-in-laws don't cover themselves in glory when there's a more beautiful and younger version pitching up to 'steal' their boy away. They forget they were once a girlfriend themselves !!!
How could she forget being a girlfriend when she's only just become a wife..in her sixties!
I remember when the comments were made about her wearing boots as a wedding guest and her explaining that because of the journey delay she hadn't the time to change footwear. Yeah, right!!!

Queen Julia mustn’t be content with the wedding and the destination she kept bragging about, the freebies she keeps bragging about, the big house she keeps bragging about, being an “author” she kept bragging about, every other aspect of her life she keeps bragging about, she’s obviously not got the most amazing life and everything that goes with it, it’s obviously not as amazing as she keeps making out or she wouldn’t feel the need to belittle others to make herself feel better. She’s one arrogant......um.....piece of.....um......work.

She doesn’t like getting any criticism. How dare anybody do that. This is on her Twitter:

Following on from my pinned tweet... thanks to everyone who leaves reviews, even the negative ones... although I’m not sure I’d bother reading all 3 books in a series if I’d found the 1st one ‘tedious & lacking in finesse’
- we’re all entitled to our #opinion though

Oh dear. How dare someone send in a poor review. Don’t they know who she is? I wonder if being in Sales on QVC helps book sales? I am sure that is not the case though.

Well I don’t enjoy her presentations on QVC but I still watch. I don’t watch because she is presenting. I watch because I want to see items in spite of who is presenting. They are shopping shows not presenter shows. They should take a lesson from Create and Craft presenters. There the focus is on the product and the guest is allowed to share and demonstrate their expertise. The presenters don’t think they are celebrities nor do they share information of any samples they may receive, if any. Never seen a tweet or instagram post etc with them showing off their, dies, stamps or cardstock.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’d mind the crafting presenters receiving freebies, as they would be personally involved with the products they sell, and able to pass on helpful information and relevant tips from using the items themselves. Which is part of their job. Not the same as giving a bald man shampoo and women’s perfume!

I don’t think I’d mind the crafting presenters receiving freebies, as they would be personally involved with the products they sell, and able to pass on helpful information and relevant tips from using the items themselves. Which is part of their job. Not the same as giving a bald man shampoo and women’s perfume!
I think the guests are given freebies, irrespective of channel and quite rightly so. They need to prepare for their presentations and know all about the product they are demonstrating. I don’t think Create and Craft presenters receive freebies but if they do they don’t mention them let alone show off about them. It’s the qvc presenters getting freebies that I have an issue not the guests.

She doesn’t like getting any criticism. How dare anybody do that. This is on her Twitter:

Following on from my pinned tweet... thanks to everyone who leaves reviews, even the negative ones... although I’m not sure I’d bother reading all 3 books in a series if I’d found the 1st one ‘tedious & lacking in finesse’
- we’re all entitled to our #opinion though

Oh dear. How dare someone send in a poor review. Don’t they know who she is? I wonder if being in Sales on QVC helps book sales? I am sure that is not the case though.

Well I don’t enjoy her presentations on QVC but I still watch. I don’t watch because she is presenting. I watch because I want to see items in spite of who is presenting. They are shopping shows not presenter shows. They should take a lesson from Create and Craft presenters. There the focus is on the product and the guest is allowed to share and demonstrate their expertise. The presenters don’t think they are celebrities nor do they share information of any samples they may receive, if any. Never seen a tweet or instagram post etc with them showing off their, dies, stamps or cardstock.
That must have been a shock for her then, someone not gushing over her books.

Latest posts

Back