Fashion or slovenly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm exactly the same Carol, being short, standard sleeves are too long and it's amazing how shortening them just 1cm makes a huge difference, but when I see myself in 3/4 lendth sleeves they don't look right somehow.

The droopy long long sleeve look has been around since I was at school in the 70s, generally coupled with pigeon-toed stance and rounded shoulders. Short-@rses like me always tried to walk tall by contrast.

Jude xx

perfect desription jude. it's amazing how long such a weird look has stayed around. even the little girls who do the shampoos in hairdressers have it - blows my mind how they can stand it. just for the record i'm 5' 4 and sleeves have definitely got longer over the years - because of this trend i suppose. now, for me, they are always far too long. the few tops i purchased from kim&co when she used to use nicer fabrics, were striking in that long sleeves were a perfect length.

My daughter and I both like really long sleeves that halfway cover our hands. It elongates the arms and looks quite elegant. It's very rare for me to buy a jumper if I can't pull the sleeves down over my hands!! I'm very fussy about the length of trousers/jeans too. If I'm buying from somewhere that sells in different lengths, like Next or M&S, I will buy the Long length and have them taken up an inch. :)

Umm, no - not until I studied it for 5 minutes and turned my laptop on it's side? :confused::rock:

I just assumed the same emoticons would apply here, as apply elsewhere. A simple winky smiley seems much quicker than searching through several dozen animated smilies for the precise facial expression!

Latest posts

Back