Feet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Okay, sorry it is actually the TLC Channel Thursday night at 9 pm.

No idea if any of it is up on youtube. Dr.Sandra Lee has her own youtube channel I think you have to subscribe to see the full videos?

This all started as a child watching open heart operations on Your Life In Their Hands my Mum watched so, did I.

Watched life autopsies as on TV very interesting.

Ooh TLC hubby calls it Total Load of Cxxp.:mysmilie_17:

Mr L has really soft feet but apart from holidays abroad never is without socks, whereas I have really hard skin and am in my bare feet in the house all year I go to a chiropodist every 6 weeks but still suffer badly.

I think men are saved because they have never worn bad fitting shoes for the sake of fashion. Sling back shoes and sandals are really bad for causing hard skin.

Oh my!

I just watched two episodes and LOVED it! So much meatier than Dr PP. Thanks, Donna - great rec :mysmilie_59:. My mum also made sure I always wore good, well-fitting shoes, too. I can remember being plagued with hard skin from my late teens on, though.

I've tried all the creams and files suggested here and many more. Creams don't penetrate the skin even when it's been filed down. I look after my feet and my OH's. He has hard skin occasionally if I've not been able to get at them, but I notice his skin is a completely different texture to mine. My niece and sister have skin more like his. Mine is very odd compared to them.

I did see a guy with similar but a bit worse skin hardness/texture to mine on Embarrassing Bodies a good few years ago. His skin grew hard and fast like mine. If mine were as bad as his I would have asked for a referral, but I keep on top of them and they do seem better than they've ever been since using the Scholl file. I only tried it as I belong to a US skin forum that my cousin introduced me to. One of the ladies there was convinced that metal files were causing her skin to grow back faster and harder so started using a Swiss-type file which is a grit abrasive like the Margaret Dabbs one (which worked, but didn't keep the hard skin at bay like the Scholl one). I bought the Scholl and have never looked back.

My skin still clicks like the dog's nails on the floor but at least my feet are comfortable now.

Good grief, I can't believe I've just read that. Body matter should stay inside &, if it has to come out, it should do it in private. Yuck, yuck & more yuck.

It's only the 'skincare' vids on U tube that I love, T. I don't 'enjoy' the other body matter - what I mean by saying I'm 'fine' with it is that, if caring for a loved one in need, I just get on & do it. Can't bear little kids caked on number eleven noses though.

It's only the 'skincare' vids on U tube that I love, T. I don't 'enjoy' the other body matter - what I mean by saying I'm 'fine' with it is that, if caring for a loved one in need, I just get on & do it. Can't bear little kids caked on number eleven noses though.

Noses I can cope with, my latest granddaughter, who is totally gorgeous*, does produce some horrendous nappies & I deal with them but everything else is someone else's task. *I'm not an Ali K & if I was still at work I wouldn't talk about her all the time but she is lush.

Alter ego, I get a lot of hard skin on my feet and no creams worked. The only thing that does is regular chiropody!! Luckily mine closed his clinic but went peripatetic so he comes over to me. No hassle.

I hate feet in general and mine in particular! As well as suddenly developing an ingrowing toenail, I have hammer toes on both feet so a pedi is out of the question. How I would love to wear nail polish! Also, I seem to walk into things whenever wearing sandals and really crush my toes! So nothing open toed for me either, as blood isn't a good look!!! And I have always worn well fitting shoes so that is another bummer.

Alter ego, I get a lot of hard skin on my feet and no creams worked. The only thing that does is regular chiropody!! Luckily mine closed his clinic but went peripatetic so he comes over to me. No hassle.

I hate feet in general and mine in particular! As well as suddenly developing an ingrowing toenail, I have hammer toes on both feet so a pedi is out of the question. How I would love to wear nail polish! Also, I seem to walk into things whenever wearing sandals and really crush my toes! So nothing open toed for me either, as blood isn't a good look!!! And I have always worn well fitting shoes so that is another bummer.

As much as I love OH giving me a foot rub, I couldn't stand having anyone else do anything to my feet. I used to go to the local hospital chiropodist for my hard skin, small corn and minor ingrown nail but she made a huge botch of them. I feel sorry for the people who have to go to her on the NHS as she's truly bad at her job.

I've managed the skin, got rid of the corn and look after the ingrown properly myself and am doing a good job of it if I do say so myself. I've got transverse myelitis so can't afford the ingrown to get infected in case it causes a relapse. I've found the trick is to keep the nail a tiny bit longer, lift it away from the skin a bit when it's soft after a shower and to keep skin from building up around the nail has been the best way to go. I don't want to end up on Toe Bro. I could barely look nor look away!