First real complaint about Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I've had a couple of minor gripes with IW, and was on the brink of giving up shopping with them. OH ordered me a few little bits for Christmas from them, but they didn't turn up, thankfully it wasn't my main present, so I had something to open up on the day. After chasing the order up, I did eventually receive them. I wasn't particularly happy about it, but as it didn't ruin Christmas, I didn't think anything more of it.

Since that incident I ordered something for my son, and got it delivered to his address, and all went well. Some weeks later OH saw they were selling a Woll kitchen knife set for a quite reasonable price, so asked me to place an order. A week passed and it hadn't arrived, so he tracked the order and noticed that it had been despatched to my son's address again. Ok, this could have been our fault, but I could have sworn that we clicked on the account holder's address for delivery. We called my son and asked whether anything had turned up, he said no. We told him that should a strange parcel arrive it was for us and to let us know. Another week passed....Nothing! Checked account details, and the money had been taken, and according to the details the goods had also been despatched. I phoned Customer Service. After about 10 minutes on an automated phone line....speaking out my name and address phonetically, then having a computerised voice repeat back the wrong details , I decided I needed to speak to a human being. After a further 10 minutes on hold
I got through, told them what had happened, and was told "Yes, the goods have definitely been despatched...Please wait 4 working days and if they still haven't arrived please call us again". I'd already waited 14 days, so what's another 4, I thought....so I waited.....nothing!
OH, starts to get a bit tetchy about the matter firstly getting aerated with me 'cause I stupidly got it sent to my Son's address, still don't know how that happened, but even so, shouldn't have been a problem as there's usually someone in there. Then he decided to accuse my son of not checking his post and that the probably popped a card through the door which he threw in the bin. He assured him that this wasn't the case.

Phoned CS again, thankfully discovering by pressing the star key you get put straight through to a person. After a lengthy conversation, I was basically told that the goods had been "lost" in the hands of the courier and that they could send us a form in order to request a refund, and if necessary, re-place the order. OH was in the background, and got the gist of this, snatched the phone from me and told them that our contract was with IW,not the courier and he was NOT prepared to fill in any claim form. Eventually he backed down, but said he wasn't prepared to wait for "snail mail", so they agreed to email the form to him and that he'd receive it in the next 24 hours.....needless to say that didn't happen!

Furious, today, the only time I've had to waste on this fruitless pursuit, I called them, and stiffly told them, I want no nonsense here. I placed an order over a month ago, you've taken my money, you haven't delivered the goods. I want a refund on my card immediately. After checking, the guy said that a refund had already been put on OH's card...On April 1st!!!!! He's gonna check his statement later, but I can't believe all this faff and crossed wires. I think unless they relocate their C/S dept to this country...I'm steering well clear...complete nightmare!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back