fish collagen in beauty products. tsv serum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i remember someone saying that the liz earle superskin cream smelt fishy. when will it all end.
cheap soap is made from tallow which is dead animal bones.if you buy some of the real cheap crap i.e basics brands 75p for six bars you will see tallow. thank god for pears soap and l'occitane.

i remember someone saying that the liz earle superskin cream smelt fishy. when will it all end.

I think was me - I had a big pot of it and about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way down, it started stinking of bad chip oil and fishy - basically it smelt rancid and I had to chuck it as it made me feel ill (LE CS were no help and kept telling me it was the 'natural oils'. It was off!). Small pots seem to be okay. As she's registed with the BUAV and has the leaping bunny symbol, I think (hope!) it's safe to say that she doesn't include animal ingredients in her products - apart from bee products (wax, possibly propolis).

I shelled out for Margaret Dabbs's foot lotion and cuticle "serum". The foot lotion stank, it was the emu oil, I couldn't use it - but one of the reviewers on QVC says it smells lovely, I don't belieeeeve it, it's a plant (as in "somebody from QVC wrote that). As for the cuticle "serum", it hasn't got the consistency of a serum, more a sticky lotion. I don't use that either. Should've sent it back... but what if got that 50% letter? I'd CRY ;)

clemenzina

I agree I prefer not to use the pooped out variety though :)

Uh-oh ... does anyone know if the Argan in the LE SS concentrate is the 'recycled'?! I'm about to run out but will reconsider purchasing it if it's been pooped out ...!

What's the Argan Oil like you use Lady Tia + Donna255? Does it smell nice? I love the smell of SS concentrate ...!

I use the Mir range which is coolessientals. Totally organic, they don't use goats. I don't actually sniff it but it can be quite intense with other brands, perhaps again the goats. But the Mir version does not seem to have a smell.

I thought Emu Oil was an organic natural oil? I see it mentioned on beauty boards but never paid attention.

Its the pure oil I use and mix a tiny pump with my moisturizer.

Confused now

Uh-oh ... does anyone know if the Argan in the LE SS concentrate is the 'recycled'?! I'm about to run out but will reconsider purchasing it if it's been pooped out ...!

What's the Argan Oil like you use Lady Tia + Donna255? Does it smell nice? I love the smell of SS concentrate ...!

I have been following this thread and again like with the Dennis Basso one learned a few things. No more collagen gel for me. Thank you to all for being so informative.
Am now confused though, I thought all Argan oil has to pass through the goat. Or is there another variety?

Well the goat saves the women having to climb the trees. Also the goat's stomach does the refining of the shells etc, other wise I think they have to boil it etc and it takes longer to extract and refine the oil.

Yeah, turn around the box QVC presenters, and let us discuss the full list of ingredients on your beauty products... watch sales plummet...

Latest posts

Back