Food Day on Monday Boring?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just seen an almost orgasmic Chloe munching some of the TSV! Am I wrong here but the quoted cooking times seem extremely short to me. I know I have a ropey old electric oven, not a flash new range one which might be super-efficient, but does it really only take 35 minutes to cook a 1kg joint of beef? It took me longer than that to cook a small pork chop in the oven at the weekend!!!!!

When i heard Chef Micheal say cooked in 2 hours - i thought that was too much!
It really depends on what temperature you set the oven at that dictates the time.
I always use a meat thermometer to get the internal temperature right.

If you like your beef rare then i would image 35mins would suffice. I did a 1.5kg joint yesterday in my fan oven at 180C. It had 1.5 hours covered with foil and final 25/30 mins uncovered and it was a touch pink in the middle! Hubby likes it well done so he had the end bits!!

Yes, our beef was a tad overdone at 85 mins yesteday (following label instructions) in the fan oven. 50 minutes would have sufficed, making it nice and pink inside :)

Thanks for your views! I reckon 35 mins would be extremely rare though, especially in my slow oven. But I thought at the time he was being a optimistic.

Its so boring !!! Do they usually do full food days? Some poor souls who know no better are getting ripped off big time..its as boring as a full days DIY would be for me or crafting which isn`t my thing ...don`t think they should do full days of anything then everyone is happy !!

I hate the pair from Green Seasons, especially that Chef Michael, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere but there, he's like a surly teenager.

They should have just called it "comedy Monday" today as some of the prices have given me a proper belly laugh.

It was the first time I've been able to sit down and watch Andi Peters Food Fest today. Now I know why I never bothered before. It was absolutely abysmal. Andi Peters thinks he's the bee's knees when really he's a pain in the backside. It was childish, to the point of being embarrassing. I don't know why QVC bother with it.

Yawn yawn. Interspersed with laughter at the prices. Any supermarket, high street butchers and the likes of Lidl & Aldi would beat Q hands down on both quality and price.

Is Chef Michael even a chef or just a cook/jobing actor?

Can't find any mention of him on Google.

I've never been tempted by their food either but maybe people who are housebound find it convenient, or even people who hate shopping.

Latest posts

Back