For goodness sake Jilly..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
....look in the mirror and do something about that hair!!!:bandit::bandit:

As if the TSV wasn't bad enough there was Jilly's hair to contend with too:angry:
She's very pretty and also a really nice lady but what on earth is she thinking of? It actually looked greasy.
Doesn't she ever fancy a change? I know it's been said many times on here but come on Jilly, you could look gorgeous:flower:

I don't think Jilly will ever every cut her hair. I remember when I first started watching QVC way back in 1997 it was like that then and then in beauty shows had pictures of Jilly younger again hair modelling for Molton Brown roller things and it was long then.

She was not as bad style wise back before she married and had children, her nails always maniured etc. But I think she became a mum and other things became more important to her.

I can remember jilly with bobbed shoulder length hair - and it really didn't suit her.

I love her hair - I really hope she keeps it.

I think Jilly looks stunning when she has her hair up. She used to have beautiful nails before the children came along! I once saw Jilly out shopping and casually dressed, she is definitely very attractive. I must admit to feeling a little sorry for her having to present in that pink TSV! It is not my style and I certainly won't be buying it.

There's nothing wrong with her hair as such, it's the style thats dreadful:hi:

I think very often husbands have a say in hairstyles. I know of at least 4 ladies in their middle years who still keep their too long (for their age) hair because their husbands like it the way it was when they first met:bandit:

There's nothing wrong with her hair as such, it's the style thats dreadful:hi:

I think very often husbands have a say in hairstyles. I know of at least 4 ladies in their middle years who still keep their too long (for their age) hair because their husbands like it the way it was when they first met:bandit:

There is no such thing, Rozzy. :hi: As for Jill, no other hair style would suit her better, even though the current one is not great either.

I think you're right watersiren: no other hair style would suit her better. The only thing she could do is have some of the length taken off - from being down to her waist to between her shoulder-blades type length; if she did this, I think some of the weight taken off would give her hair a bit more bounce up top, instead of the plastered down seal-coming-out-of-the-water look. Also, I've noticed that when she has a bit of subtle lightening at the front and perhaps her parting a weensy bit off centre, it looks a lot better.

There is no such thing, Rozzy. :hi: As for Jill, no other hair style would suit her better, even though the current one is not great either.

Oooooo, I beg to differ:angel:Some ladies can get away with really long hair in middle age but not too many:bandit:

i think she should wear it up more often she always looks really pretty when like that.

I have been married for nearly 24 years and I would never let my OH tell me how to have my hair. I used to have long hair when we met but I have have short hair!! I ask his opinion but that does not mean I listen to him!!
:mysmilie_513:

I just do not get the obsession with long hair. Have a sister in law who is now in her late 50's and still has her hair down just above her waist. It looks totally ridiculous in my opinion, used to be blondy/reddish, now just a greying ashy/blondy mess with a kink in it. But each to their own

I agree with the long hair on old lady thing! Long hair doesn't actually suit most peoples faces in my opinion, although the hair can look nice - if you know what I mean?! In my experience with friends and colleagues with really long boring hair, when persuaded to tuck inside their tops so it's bobbed length it looks stunning and totally transforms the face! Jilly is so attractive, she could get away with a nice swingy shoulder length bob and look so much better. Or at least have some procedure/treatment so it's bouncy and full of life, like JR's hair. Look at what a good chop did for Ali Young!!! Ok, she still looks haggered but at least her hair isn't just hanging there doing nothing anymore :giggle: But yes, each to their own......:dull: lol

I would not normally be so critical of a presenter but imho she is easily the most irritating person on tv - empty headed, borng, repetitive and totally disinterested in the products. Her hair that she keeps long and straight is the same as her not having her ears pierced. She is not the same as the mortals she sells to - not above us, just removed. Sorry, as I know she has fans, and I am sure she is very, very nice, but she is uninspiring in her job. I even prefer Jill franks.

When Michael diCesare was first on QVC years ago, Jilly let him do her hair with rollers and Liquifix. She looked really stunning with bouncy curls and body in her hair.

There is nothing wrong with having long hair and not having your ears pierced, ringtree! It's a choice I have made and I don't feel removed from the world!

I will wear my hair up in a bun but sometimes that causes me to get a headache so I can't do it all the time!!

I really felt for her last night having to wear the worst Carole Hochman TSV ever offered! She clearly wasn't comfortable wearing it!

It would be interesting to know how all the 'fashionistas' on this forum wear their hair!!!

I would not normally be so critical of a presenter but imho she is easily the most irritating person on tv - empty headed, borng, repetitive and totally disinterested in the products. Her hair that she keeps long and straight is the same as her not having her ears pierced. She is not the same as the mortals she sells to - not above us, just removed. Sorry, as I know she has fans, and I am sure she is very, very nice, but she is uninspiring in her job. I even prefer Jill franks.

I have to agree with you ringtree. I don't like criticizing the presenters unnecessarily but I find Jilly quite irksome with her constant "superb" when it's perfectly obvious that she is completely disinterested and uninspired by what she's selling. I can at least laugh at Jill Franks and she does try her best but Jilly seems to be in a world of her own.

It would be interesting to know how all the 'fashionistas' on this forum wear their hair!!!

Shoulder length, hennaed (Lush- caca marron) and at the moment in a loose and sexy up-do (oo er missus! lol):heart:

Shoulder length, dyed to an approximation of my real hair colour which was reddish auburn, fine and naturally curly, so often straightened with GHDs.
I'm 63 shortly and I don't suit short hair. When I first had thyroid trouble a few years ago, my hair fell out badly and I had to have it cut to just below my ears, all my family and friends agreed that it looks much better longer, not one person thought I suited it. I don't think my current style is ageing but the short hair definitely was.

The objection I have to Jilly's hair is not the length, but the flatness and the fact that it looks greasy. It may be that she over-uses a shine serum which can have the opposite effect. I also think it is very severe and that she needs a few wisps here and there to break it up. IMO, it makes her look older than her years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back