Franks Towers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
Is there really anything that QVC sell that JF hasn't got? "What I do is ....", "I've got this" etc, etc. Her home must be the size of eight football pitches!

I haven't watched (or been on here) for ages but she hasn't changed one bit. Everything about her irritates me.

She hasn't got any of it or all of it. She just opens her mouth and lets it all hang out. I bet Liz Earle products bring her out in a rash and she never uses it despite her gushing. I agree she is very annoying and I just switch her off.

CC

She may have the occasional item because let's face it, QVC love nothing more than to give their employees, family and friends freebies, but JF is under the misconception that if she uses it, then it must be good and you'd be a fool not to buy it. Why she thinks her opinion matters is anyone's guess.

But lets be honest every other shopping channel or even a counter in a store. The SA will never say anything but how wonderful every product is. That is what they are paid for. I have a friend who works for one cosmetic brand and if asked by a customer what foundation she wears its that brand's. But she has told me she actually wears a totally different brand and dislikes her own brand's ones. I know a woman who grand daughter got a tempt job with Estee Lauder to cover a staff member being off having a baby. Now her grand daughter is in her early 20s, yet Estee Lauder sent to her home two massive boxes with every Estee Lauder product. Include skin care for mature skin at £200 a pot. They worked out she had a few thousand pounds worth of products and she was just a tempt!!! They are not allow to sell any of the products but nothing about giving away to friends and family.

Of course they(the presenters), will get loads of freebies from the companies selling on QVC. I'd loved to be her friend, bet she gives most away unopened.:mysmilie_17:

Is there really anything that QVC sell that JF hasn't got? "What I do is ....", "I've got this" etc, etc. Her home must be the size of eight football pitches!

I haven't watched (or been on here) for ages but she hasn't changed one bit. Everything about her irritates me.

She's got everything. She even personally owns QVC stock, " I've only got 200 of these........... Can't promise when I will have anymore.........." Some people have no self awareness!

I take what ever she says with a sack of salt, when she was just a guest for health products she used to use scare tactics to flog her wares. She reckons she has the Pilates Machine, but when I have seen her on with it she does not seem to have a clue. ( I do own one and had for over we years).

But lets be honest every other shopping channel or even a counter in a store. The SA will never say anything but how wonderful every product is. That is what they are paid for. I have a friend who works for one cosmetic brand and if asked by a customer what foundation she wears its that brand's. But she has told me she actually wears a totally different brand and dislikes her own brand's ones. I know a woman who grand daughter got a tempt job with Estee Lauder to cover a staff member being off having a baby. Now her grand daughter is in her early 20s, yet Estee Lauder sent to her home two massive boxes with every Estee Lauder product. Include skin care for mature skin at £200 a pot. They worked out she had a few thousand pounds worth of products and she was just a tempt!!! They are not allow to sell any of the products but nothing about giving away to friends and family.

Of course they(the presenters), will get loads of freebies from the companies selling on QVC. I'd loved to be her friend, bet she gives most away unopened.:mysmilie_17:

No wonder the stuff's so expensive if the customer is funding that sort of thing.

Well, whatever JF uses she's no advert for it.

Whilst I agree with everything said it has come to a sad affair when I now think JF is no worse than all the other presenters who have become unbearable

Why does JF have to do days and days in a row? She seems to be on EVERY time I turn on the TV.

She just said she never uses powder foundation. Does she say this to the Tarte/Lulu G/Bare Minerals guests?!

I imagine Jill having a cupboard of shame containing all the items she's been given to trial.

By and large I think if it has a big price ticket, she may use it (Perricone, for example) but otherwise it's untouched. Debs would be the polar opposite, I think.. where everything is a cheaply-bought "bargain" and the expensive stuff is hidden in the cupboard shame while waiting for up cycling...

She was tripping herself up with her lies when she was on with the This Work's pillow spray, about her insomnia and her mother in law's insomnia. She kept forgetting to put her mother in law's woes in the past tense, as she was now - of course - cured! :mysmilie_59: The problem with this sales technique is that I now don't believe a single word she says. As soon as she starts on one of her stories, the shutters go down.

If someone is really into their make-up, there's no way they're going to restrict themselves to the brand they work for. It is highly improbable that one brand would meet all their beauty needs and, even if it did, they will still be curious as to what else is out there, we beauty addicts are always looking for the next thing, new colours, formulas, innovations etc. As for your friend's granddaughter / presenter freebies, I'm definitely in the wrong job!

I take what ever she says with a sack of salt, when she was just a guest for health products she used to use scare tactics to flog her wares. She reckons she has the Pilates Machine, but when I have seen her on with it she does not seem to have a clue. ( I do own one and had for over we years).

Oh, I didn't know she started life as a brand rep. Not sure how long I've been watching for, I'd have thought 10 years plus. Think the Lola Rose TSV with the heart necklace on the velvet cord, tumble bracelet and earrings in a box was one of my earlier purchases, but that might just have been memorable to me as it was my first Lola buy.

On make up and skincare I once heard Alison Young say they did not always get the whole range from companies, and pick the best products. I have also heard her say that globally their is only a handful of places that make lipsticks.

On make up and skincare I once heard Alison Young say they did not always get the whole range from companies, and pick the best products. I have also heard her say that globally their is only a handful of places that make lipsticks.

Good point.

I think when it comes to actual manufacturing of products, there are probably a number of factories around the world where they are making several different brands. But that doesn't mean that the exact same ingredients in the same proportions are trundling down the production lines to be put into the branded packaging. Just as factories owned by a single brand don't just produce kettles but also send toasters, microwaves and other products down the same line.

For both skincare and cosmetics, the hygiene requirements alone must make for a stringent environment that cannot just be reproduced at the drop of a hat... and the cost of investment compared to the volumes of products produced by a single brand would mean that the economies of scale won't be there either. I know it seems in QVC world that cosmetics, skincare and other toiletries are taking over the world, but out in the real world it's not actually the case (when you think of the millions or even billions of people who live a subsistence existence, where a bar of soap would be a precious commodity).

In many cases, it's not even the brand that is innovating, but actually the manufacturer (think Judith Williams' Magic Makeup, or Laura Geller's baked products) - they take their innovations to existing or potential customer brands and hey-presto the brand has "innovated" a new product.

Back to the subject of the thread, though, Jill needs to rehearse her sales stories a bit more thoroughly if she wants to have even a glimmer of credibility. But now her trustworthiness in what she says has been thoroughly tainted for many regular viewers. There will be some who will be entirely uncritical about what comes out of Jill's mouth... but she should stop and think about the impact of making wholly disingenuous claims about products (not just about using them, but the impact on her and others using them).

I notice that Debbie Flint and Julia Roberts - hard sellers though they are - rarely, if ever, go down this road. As I rank both of them as far more professional than Jill, I would say in this instance that she needs to take a leaf out of their book.

And a good way to go for QVC would be to ensure that Jill is only presenting stuff we can believe she'd actually consider using, as that way we might occasionally believe what she's saying.

Why does JF have to do days and days in a row? She seems to be on EVERY time I turn on the TV.

She just said she never uses powder foundation. Does she say this to the Tarte/Lulu G/Bare Minerals guests?!

She is available and perhaps has no other major commitments, so when offered hours she takes them. Its a bit like a friend who is always complaining about a co worker getting all the overtime its not fair. I have told her you where offered a number of times and couldn't or didn't want do it. So of course they will go first to the person who says yes the most.

I remember her as the health and fitness guest years back, must be over 10 years ago.

She is available and perhaps has no other major commitments, so when offered hours she takes them. Its a bit like a friend who is always complaining about a co worker getting all the overtime its not fair. I have told her you where offered a number of times and couldn't or didn't want do it. So of course they will go first to the person who says yes the most.

I remember her as the health and fitness guest years back, must be over 10 years ago.

So we can look forward to Caroline Landry becoming a presenter in due course then.

Debbie Flint used to be forever on, because she was always available. Now she's based down in Devon, she can't fill in at the drop of a hat (great, for her non-fans). Jill lives much closer to QVC Towers, so can fill in at relatively short notice.

A couple of years back, shortly after Chloe had begun, they had a dreadful spell of bad weather, and presenters not able to get in... she lived "round the corner" so seemed to be on for every single hour.

Any employer will offer hours to all their staff, but if there is a consistent pattern of someone always saying no then they may stop asking. It could be that people's circumstances change and they can take on extra hours - but I would say that it then is that person's responsibility to make it known that they are available and willing to do the extra hours... not wait to be asked.

This seems to be the norm if I still watched I would have full days of Chuntley (excuse me whilst I go and lie in a darkened room)

Latest posts

Back