Gabbling guests and presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
Gabbling Abby was on today selling some must-have gizmo but she was talking so fast that I was a couple of words behind her all the time. Slow down and think, for gawd's sake. The older I get, the more difficult it is to catch up. Lots of words doesn't equal lots of sense, so think about what you want to say first then say half of it.

So true!

There's also a growing tendency for guests and presenters to not finish a sentence. They are cramming so many buzzwords, clichés and stock phrases in. Ali Young, Jill Franks are the worst offenders in the presenter category. Among guests Abby Horne is bad, as is James Reed. When you slow them all down, none of them make any sense and they are probably aware they are talking utter rubbish. The gabbling sort of disguises it.

I tend to find that the amount people know on a topic is in inverse proportion to the amount they talk about it.

Caroline on Liz Earle! I can barely follow a complete sentence and usually just change channel.

I still haven't had the promised letter from Q about Abbi Horne's lies, I must chase this up.

Will force myself to see what she said today.

I agree, instead of greedy QVC trying to cram in as many products in one hour, that no one is any the wiser by the end of it, they should drop on or two products to allow the guest presenters to explain them properly. Jill Franks is a massive culprit, she starts the next sentence half way through the last word of the sentence she's speaking.....................I typed that rather fast, hope you could understand me :giggle:

I agree, instead of greedy QVC trying to cram in as many products in one hour, that no one is any the wiser by the end of it, they should drop on or two products to allow the guest presenters to explain them properly. Jill Franks is a massive culprit, she starts the next sentence half way through the last word of she says..............I typed that rather fast, hope you could understand me :giggle:

Spot on! No wonder she always sounds so breathless!

Just watching Antthony with Anne D as I can't find the remote, and the guy has barely paused for breath and that laugh! I know you're excited to show us your wares, Antttt but calm the chuff down!

Jill Franks gives the order no. and price then makes a comment then repeats the order no. and price, says another sentence and gives the order no. and price as yet another 'fill in'. She does this constantly. I've thought for a long time that no training is necessary for this job.

Just watching Antthony with Anne D as I can't find the remote, and the guy has barely paused for breath and that laugh! I know you're excited to show us your wares, Antttt but calm the chuff down!

Such old designs for a young chap. Another shark bite hem culprit too. Being a dresserupper, cowboy and matador! you'd think he would design youthfully.

Such old designs for a young chap. Another shark bite hem culprit too. Being a dresserupper, cowboy and matador! you'd think he would design youthfully.

He seems to have his mother in mind when he designs, if you believe his spiel. I can't imagine a sharkbite hem looks particularly good on her or any woman of any age!

I agree with the incoherence being so irritating.

Joules was the worst offender. He never said a full sentence. It was like being bombarded with half eaten marshmallows.

Franks does the same, but she seems to start ok, then switch half way through, then backtrack before she reaches the end. And what is with the jerking? Thankfully she doesn't do that many jewellery shows, but when she does, I have to turn off. She jerks from the neck and shoulder all the time which shakes the item around so much I can't see it properly. Very annoying.

Off topic: did she ever find her poor bulldog? I noticed she never mentions them any more.

Talking of Abby Horne - OMG what on earth did she look like on the TV this morning?? Even OH commented on it. Don't know about her spiel but her hair was eyebrow raising to the extreme.

I agree Antthony gabbles away but coming in right up there at the top of the tree - take a bow Ms Kim Mendelsson. Surely the queen of non stop yakking of words that mean nothing at all. Nice lady though and I do buy some of her clothes.

CC

Talking of Abby Horne - OMG what on earth did she look like on the TV this morning?? Even OH commented on it. Don't know about her spiel but her hair was eyebrow raising to the extreme.

I agree Antthony gabbles away but coming in right up there at the top of the tree - take a bow Ms Kim Mendelsson. Surely the queen of non stop yakking of words that mean nothing at all. Nice lady though and I do buy some of her clothes.

CC

Kim does at least finish her sentences, and knows all her product info, even though she does suffer from verbal diarrhoea. If the presenter wasn't there, the show would probably work just as well.

I've now got to go and see if I can find any clips of Abby from the shows today... ahhh! Quiff and ponytail - nice.:giggle:

Last edited:
I agree with the incoherence being so irritating.

Joules was the worst offender. He never said a full sentence. It was like being bombarded with half eaten marshmallows.

Franks does the same, but she seems to start ok, then switch half way through, then backtrack before she reaches the end. And what is with the jerking? Thankfully she doesn't do that many jewellery shows, but when she does, I have to turn off. She jerks from the neck and shoulder all the time which shakes the item around so much I can't see it properly. Very annoying.

Off topic: did she ever find her poor bulldog? I noticed she never mentions them any more.

No, never found

Even Ann Dawson had to shut up when on with Antthony, she could hardly get heard over his chattering and laughter.That laugh there's something quite childish about it.

Weirdly when Abbi was a presenter on IW she was no where near as bad, in fact i liked her, She still played the dizzy blonde to a T but since coming to Q and them trying to pass her as a technology expert she has become unbearable.

No, never found

Poor Jill (and I know I have not been too kind when the dog isn't involved). I just wish Scruncher would be reunited with her. I can't imagine how I would feel if my dog disappeared and I have every hope one day he will be found.

CC

Latest posts

Back