Gardening TSV - Hooray!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am tempted by the tsv. I love Magnolia's. Hope one of you gardeners can help me. Can these be pruned to maintain a maximum height and still flower? I don't want these to go beyond 5 ft.

Just heard these can be grown in pots. Do they flower the same?

Sorry too many questions but want to be sure before I buy. I bought the Peony trees when they were the tsv but was very disappointing as all I get is 2/3 flowers :down:

It's great that you can ask stuff like this here and know that you'll get useful answers. However, I can't help but think that this is the sort of stuff he should be telling us on the show in the first place! He's supposed to be the garden expert but I guess the pound signs in his eyes stop him seeing the big picture. Still, he's got another TSV -hooray!- coming up in a couple of days, so he might give some useful information on that one instead.

I won't hold my breath.

I won't be watching. I'd rather mooch round my local Wyevale. There's much more to see, a decent cafe, a Woollen Mill shop and I don't have to watch the garden gnome, with his hands in his pockets, fondling his bulbs!

the bare roots that qvc sell from t&m usually have no life in them. the roses,the tree peony all were a waste of time and the customer reviews proved that facy.

It is definitely a Case of you pays your money and takes your chance with any plants you buy without seeing then whether from Q.V.C or any other online/catalog.
At least in the garden center you CAN SEE the quality of the plants and get the right advice on planting and looking after them.
I will NEVER be seduced by the "hard sell" to buy plants from QVC again.

Haven't seen any of the shows today so don't know the info they've given out but Magnolias like a slightly acidic soil best and don't like to be water logged. Do you really want to wait over a year to have up to 10 flowers next year?

I've bought loads of plants from QVC in the past and most have been awful or haven't thrived. I've also noticed how expensive the plants are this year. They used to sell large quantities like 36-48 but this year it's more like 6-12 for the same price. For instance they've got 5 x Sunpatien Trailing Volcano Plugs for £15!! That's outrageous! They're not even fully grown plants! I am not buying anymore plants from QVC, I'm not being conned into falling for the pretty picture when what turns up is some minute plug plants that will probably die anyway!

And bring back Charlie Dimmock! At least she knows what she's talking about!

Latest posts

Back