Gem Descriptions - What's Happened?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lynda

Registered Shopper
The gems listed in the drop down menu on the web no longer have their full descriptions either in the web auctions or the shop and subsequently is a hell of a lot shorter.

Now I know some were a bit flowery and the majestic tag was a tad overused where proper grading would be more useful, but if you want to find, say, London Blue Topaz or Majestic whatever, you have to have to type the old prefix in search (as they are still actually there) or otherwise you get only the stones as they are listed - as in bog standard Tanzanite with all the Majestic missing :hyper:

:eek:oops: Even curiouser there is 'Tanzinite' listed (yes that's how it's spelled) and it's all the Majestic stuff. I'm very confused.

So, is there a reason they have dropped the full descriptions or is it just a glitch I wonder?

dunno hun but it's nuisance when you have to keep guessing how they might have listed things.

Bless you for answering dear heart, I thought I'd been sent to Coventry for daring to browse their website! :hyper: :rofl:

I know what you mean but I actually find it a hell've a lot easier than having to..say..check out moonstones under - moonstone Tanzanian moonstone ,orange moonstone etc.etc etc.And sometimes pearls had about 5 different catagories.(And I'm someone who really isn't that fond of the new website,so there you go.)
Why would you be sent to Coventry?:confused:Maybe I've missed a few things while I've been away these last months so don't answer that,I suspect blissful ignorance is probably the best policy.:30:

I think prefer the shorter list. When it wasn't in drop-down format I didn't mind the list getting longer and longer, but I find a long list a pain in drop-down. I think the misspellings should be eradicated!

If you want a particular gemstone, you can use the little 'search' window at the top right of the page. If you want to search the web auctions you have to search on that page - if you search on the home page you'll get the shop, I think. Type in what you want - eg rose de france amethyst - hit return and it will drop down about 4 examples and then you can go to the bottom of that where it says 'more results'. Click on that, and you'll get all the up and coming rose de france amethyst pieces, without having to look at other sorts. What's more, it will show you everything that's coming up with that stone - useful to see sometimes how many of a particular piece is coming up on the web.

Hope that makes sense!

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the smaller list 'cos I believe the Gemstv descriptions have been way too flowery and TBH meaningless. I don't mean get rid of the universal description, like mandarin citriene, smoky quartz, etc but the 'majestic' label has no place in the gem world and proper gradings are what we want and frankly need.

I was hoping the ones that only gemstv use would disappear altogether, but apparently not, as all the pieces still have the silly names still in the description and in the search.

My one exception to having specific colours listed would be topaz as Gemstv seem to accent every damn piece with the stuff so almost everything in stock comes up under 'topaz' :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back