Gemporia - ASA 'final warning' - AT LAST!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Only because I didn't want to quote your whole post, but I agree. (Not that I do have a sensible approace ;) ) but many places say if you eat 5 colours a day, you have a balanced diet.
"Eat the rainbow" + "A little of what you fancy does you good" = contentment

Steve's Ultra-Processed Worms + Pills with Fillers = joyless existence

Last night - Hattie - flogging pearls. Throughout the entire hour she repeatedly said "These are completely natural"

On screen graphic treatment: "Bleached".

These things are happening far too often now to be 'mistakes'. It's blatant misleading over and over again.

Reported.

If the ASA don't take action now, I'm escalating it to OFCOM, stating that I do not believe that the ASA are fit for purpose.

Last night - Hattie - flogging pearls. Throughout the entire hour she repeatedly said "These are completely natural"

These things are happening far too often now to be 'mistakes'. It's blatant misleading over and over again.

Reported.

If the ASA don't take action now, I'm escalating it to OFCOM, stating that I do not believe that the ASA are fit for purpose.
That was the multi coloured ones? I saw the white were bleached in the drop down details. I wanted to see how 'natural' they were. And sometimes the drop down is easier :p

Reported.

Her mouth was probably in it's normal state of overdrive - I don't think she has a clue what she's saying half the time, so long as she's talking (screeching) at the viewers. She just talks tosh to fill up the time. Giving accurate information to viewers is now a thing of the past - I wonder what happened to the changes Steve was going to make, all the viewers comments he was going to take on board? Seems they fell by the wayside.

Her mouth was probably in it's normal state of overdrive - I don't think she has a clue what she's saying half the time, so long as she's talking (screeching) at the viewers. She just talks tosh to fill up the time. Giving accurate information to viewers is now a thing of the past - I wonder what happened to the changes Steve was going to make, all the viewers comments he was going to take on board? Seems they fell by the wayside.
Hattie likes to tell us that she's the only diamond grader at Gemporia, she says she always tells the truth about diamonds etc etc. Yet she can easily sell grade I3 diamonds (the worst) saying they're beautiful eye clean sparkling treasures. If you Google I3 they say only dubious sellers sell them 🤔

Anyone else see Adina on now flogging Paraiba tourmaline. She said twice “natural “ Paraiba with no heat treatment. That’s not what it said on the details where it said H. They just can’t help themselves.

Attachments

• IMG_1993.png
    IMG_1993.png
    226 KB · Views: 0
They have their place. If they want to stick them in a £10 or £20 piece, that's fine.

They shouldn't be anywhere near gold pieces of jewellery though.
They have their place. If they want to stick them in a £10 or £20 piece, that's fine.

They shouldn't be anywhere near gold pieces of jewellery though.
They are in pieces up to £1500

Anyone else see Adina on now flogging Paraiba tourmaline. She said twice “natural “ Paraiba with no heat treatment. That’s not what it said on the details where it said H. They just can’t help themselves.

What time was this please? I shall report this to the ASA. They're already on a final warning over treatments.

Finally, the ASA are showing their teeth at last (probably because they're sick of me by now!).

PART ONE:

You may recall that I reported Gemporia to the ASA for using the misleading name 'Ruby Quartz'. The ASA agreed that this name is misleading because the stone is not Ruby nor does it have any Ruby content. Gemporia have now been notified that they cannot use this name in the future. All future sales of this stone will have to specify that it is red coloured Quartz.
As a result of this, the ASA have today informed me of the following:

"If the advertisers (Gemporia) don’t co-operate with us on this matter in the future and adhere to our instruction, subject to assessment, we will now be in a position to consider more formal action and investigation that involves the ASA Council."

So, despite Gemporia being told NOT to show 'Ruby Quartz' again, it has appeared on-air again today.

They have clearly broken the ASA's instruction - and, therefore, I have reported them again just now.

As they're already on a final warning, this should surely result in a fine and/or broadcasting suspension now! If it doesn't, I'm going to make a formal complaint with OFCOM.

Ruby Quartz - 25th April 2024.JPG

So, despite Gemporia being told NOT to show 'Ruby Quartz' again, it has appeared on-air again today.

They have clearly broken the ASA's instruction - and, therefore, I have reported them again just now.

As they're already on a final warning, this should surely result in a fine and/or broadcasting suspension now! If it doesn't, I'm going to make a formal complaint with OFCOM.

View attachment 28430
To give Gemporia their due, at least they didn't hang about in shooting themselves in their foot.

Absolutely.

View attachment 28430

What is that stone then if not ruby quartz.

Its quartz that is dyed to look like a ruby - the treatments are clearly listed and the price tells you its not a ruby, I really don't know what all the pearl clutching is for ;)

Latest posts

Back