Gems TV Holdings Limited to sell GemsTV UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last night - I flicked over to gems tv between advert breaks, and caught Adina - and she said something that i thought was a bit odd; Adina said in one of her ramblings, that everything she had in that hour, was in the clearance sale, and everything must GO !!! - as gems tv are getting new stocks in!???!

I just thought that bearing in mind what i have read on this posting, SB is contemplating buying gemstv; and here is Adina informing us that Gems tv are selling off all the old stock, as they have new stock coming in!? does this make sense to anyone? Her comment is nothing, short of confusing -(especially when the presenters themselves have not mentioned the current situation) - its as if nothing is happening at gems towers! eerie! lol:flower:

She could have said it from plain and simple habit, alternatively, if they are selling as a going concern they'll need to maintain business as usual. xxxxxx

i would imagine it's only a very small % of their customer base that actually knows what's happening in the background at the moment (well done ST.com!), i don't suppose it would do much for sales if they started yelling "closing down due to buy-out, everything must go!". having said that, i hope it was a slip of the tongue with the 'new stock coming in' as that's downright mis-leading...

Scott did mention earlier yesterday that there were exciting changes going on behind the scenes. I also heard Adina mention new stock several times, but maybe that stock had already been ordered and bought before the buy-out decision? Or maybe old habits just die hard.

Well we are safe in the knowledge that if Steve is taking over gems, goodbye clock, and beware TJC and Rocks & Co lol

Well we are safe in the knowledge that if Steve is taking over gems, goodbye clock, and beware TJC and Rocks & Co lol

Actually I'm very saddened by this. The loss of competition is not good for the consumer.

As for Adina's comments - It's not confirmed that SB is taking over as he is only in talks with GemsTV at the moment. So it will be business as usual for GemsTV and then, presumably, any stock left will be sent to Japan or other outlets.

Actually I'm very saddened by this. The loss of competition is not good for the consumer.

I know what you mean meeshoo! Rocks & Co I’m surprised its still going, I wonder if they will ever go back to full time, and as for TJC it will be the only competitor of Steve’s channels, but as it uses clocks I think it has a weakness. However I’m quite surprised all 4 Jewellery channels have managed to survive this harsh economic climate, we have seen more channels come and go when the economy was booming.

I know what you mean meeshoo! Rocks & Co I’m surprised its still going, I wonder if they will ever go back to full time, and as for TJC it will be the only competitor of Steve’s channels, but as it uses clocks I think it has a weakness. However I’m quite surprised all 4 Jewellery channels have managed to survive this harsh economic climate, we have seen more channels come and go when the economy was booming.

I agree - how any of them have survived is a miracle. Mind you, TJC has a big backer and so can probably ride out the market far better than most. They've even branched out into silver and the more affordable end of jewellery, without compromising on quality which I'm sure has kept customers. Rocks&Co well, I think it's only a matter of time before they chuck in the towel. I don't consider them a threat to anybody other than themselves!

I'm not going to say anything about RocksTV other than I'm not a fan of their jewellery. I like the Bennetts and their team very much so don't want to appear negative.

The clock, for me, isn't an issue and in fact when TJC didn't have one some of the items were on air for what appeared to be hours (actually Rocks&Co started like that also) and it was like watching paint dry! The clock at least forces people to buy or not and makes the most of valuable airtime.

I agree - how any of them have survived is a miracle. Mind you, TJC has a big backer and so can probably ride out the market far better than most. They've even branched out into silver and the more affordable end of jewellery, without compromising on quality which I'm sure has kept customers. Rocks&Co well, I think it's only a matter of time before they chuck in the towel. I don't consider them a threat to anybody other than themselves!

I'm not going to say anything about RocksTV other than I'm not a fan of their jewellery. I like the Bennetts and their team very much so don't want to appear negative.

The clock, for me, isn't an issue and in fact when TJC didn't have one some of the items were on air for what appeared to be hours (actually Rocks&Co started like that also) and it was like watching paint dry! The clock at least forces people to buy or not and makes the most of valuable airtime.

Rocks and Co totally agree, even though they sell stuff at very high prices, they are still only 1-6, nearly 5 months they have been at those hours.

As for the clock, I know TJC are very competitive with there prices and yes some of there auctions were very slow without it, but it just seams a shame that, sit-up created falling price auctions, and it was a massive hit all over the world, and it was just reined by a clock used on every channel except Rocks tv!
I think it takes the fun out of buying a bit. By all means I know why they use the clock, I just wish they would use it less, I would like to see more live falling auctions.

I may be wrong but I can't see SB taking "Gems" back down the road. He has always moved forward into uncharted territory and though his ventures don't always prosper (don't mention Vinappris") he is the foremost innovator on Shoppingtelly and full of enthusiasm for the novel ideas he comes up with. Best of luck to all at Gems backstage and for their jobs.

There goes Gems Tv Japan as well. So nothing at Gems Tv seams to be profitable, they might as well sell there stake in JTV in American, then the company will be no more.

Latest posts

Back