Getting on me nerves.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would love a dog but because I am of a certain age, although health ( touching wood in all directions) it would be a worry what would happen to my pet if I got to the stage where I couldn’t take care of it.It is a long term commitment, looking 10 - 15 years+, OK if you have younger family members happy to take it on, I don’t.Not enough people consider the confines of pet ownership and accept, they see a fluffy puppy like a toy.There needs to be more education but would that really make a difference to ignorance and stupidity?
There is a charity called The Cinnamon Trust.
They help look after pets for elderly/ill people. As in walking/feeding/rehoming etc.
May be worth looking to see If they have anything local...

Dogs Trust do a similar thing but I'm not sure if you have to pay. Mr CC is a member so he gets it included. If you die or become unable then Dogs Trust take the dog and rehome it and you know it won't get put down (unless it became very ill and couldn't be saved). You can foster dogs that can't cope with kennels with Dogs Trust and they pay you expenses and they also need people to look after the dogs of women fleeing domestic violence.

My mum's 83 and her dog is 5. When her last dog died she didn't hesitate to go out and buy a puppy. If anything happened to her I'd take it of course.

CC

Latest posts

Back