Girl swallowed by pavement in China

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

my_old_mans_a_dustman

Registered Shopper
Oh gawd I know I shouldn't laugh at this poor girls mishap but.............

Sidewalk collapses sending girl into deep pit

XI'AN, China (CNN/CCTV) - Watch the surveillance video of a teenager in China as she makes a phone call while walking along the street.

It appears as though a hole suddenly swallows her up.

But it's her rescue that has citizens of Shaanxi Province buzzing.

A cab driver who witnessed the shocking incident rushed to the hole to find the girl lying at the bottom of a 18-foot deep well.

The site had long been eroded by underground water, forming a big hole in the middle of the sidewalk. The cabbie jumped in the pit to help the girl, but both had to be pulled to the surface by firefighters.

Family members used this video to help track down the hero to thank him for his good deed.

Poor girl, you don't expect that to happen when walking down the street. 18 foot drop, she was very lucky she wasn't seriously injured. Doesn't sound as if the road in that area is any safer if the underground area is being eroded.

I saw this on the lunchtime news it looked like a set up for 'Candid Camera' or something, I couldn't believe all the on lookers that were standing around the hole they could have caused more pavement to collapse and ended up down there as well

Proof of my theory of there being 2 basic types of human, those who laugh at other's misfortunes and those who don't.

Latest posts

Back