Gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Gold reached a new record price today, it broke through the £1000 an ounce barrier for the first time.

No doubt QVC will increase its prices.

Don't forget that is the price for PURE 24 carat gold, and 1 ounce is about 30g.

So 9ct gold would be about £375 per ounce, about £12.50 per gram.

Most of QVC rings are wafer tin because they hollow out the back. I bought a very chunky and wide domed men's ring, it weighed less than a gram.

The days of Big Bold Gold hours are long gone. In fact, apart from some gemset gold, they rarely sell gold jewellery these days.

Jude xx

Now is definitely the time to sell old or broken gold. Just go to your local high street jeweller and get a couple of quotes. I sold a broken beyond repair bangle for £90. I had tried to get it fixed and couldn't. I've sold other pieces too ... odd earrings, broken chains and bracelets.

QVC gold has gone up already as it has elsewhere.

I think instead of buying new gold I'm going to invest in remodelling some pieces I have that I don't wear. I inherited a lot of jewellery recently and there's a beautiful oval solitaire ruby brooch that would make a wonderful simple ring.

Gold reached a new record price today, it broke through the £1000 an ounce barrier for the first time.

No doubt QVC will increase its prices.

Don't forget that is the price for PURE 24 carat gold, and 1 ounce is about 30g.

So 9ct gold would be about £375 per ounce, about £12.50 per gram.

Most of QVC rings are wafer tin because they hollow out the back. I bought a very chunky and wide domed men's ring, it weighed less than a gram.

classy! :clapping:

There is hardly any gold on the website these days. No gold shows anymore, just more and more overpriced tat.

The price is still climbing.
Who knows where it will go, especially if America defaults.

I got one of the re-planner thingies yesterday when my ring - the one that's TOO BIG - arrived.
I see there are two new gold lines coming up:

'Discover Gold Opaques' - Mon 15th Aug @ 5PM
'Joanna Dahdah Gold Design' - Say 20th Aug @ 5PM
(dah nah, dah dah, dah nah dah nah ....)

On Sunday 21st August there are two new jewellery shows:
'Sigal Style Jewellery' @ 5PM
'Dower & Hall Jewellery & Co' @ 6PM.

Of course, I shall be away on holiday!
See! I turn my back for one blumming holiday and that blessed Q goes and starts new jewellery programmes ..............

Minim, I wonder if Sigal Style Jewellery has something to do with David Sigal of Chateau d'Argent fame. Nothing to cancel your hols for I suspect! Have a good time.

Maybe not, but I've turned the page and found another two new shows:

'Sally C Jewellery Collection' - Mon 22nd August @ 5PM
and
'Whitby Jet Gold Jewellery' - Friday 26th August @ 10PM.

Still away!

Gold now gone over £1100 per ounce!

Still rising since my previous post when it reached £1000 per ounce, now it's gone past the £1100 barrier.

didn't it just LIAM. I quite liked the look of a ring but by the time I'd thought let's look at the reviews it had sold out! Still saved my money I suppose.

Latest posts

Back