Got to Have it Day! 26/05/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Me neither, I found it all a bit of a let down and have watched very little, my purse could do with a rest and I might go for the Bare minerals Tsv, some of the alleged savings weren't earth shattering either :yawn:

Silly me I totally missed the point of self tan prepping for the cruises bbqs and nights out, I was stupidly living in the real world not the QVC universe that the presenters, buyers and stylists inhabit.

Silly me I totally missed the point of self tan prepping for the cruises bbqs and nights out, I was stupidly living in the real world not the QVC universe that the presenters, buyers and stylists inhabit.

Just out of interest which isn't the real world? I know quite a few people who do all that, although not many that fake tan and cruise, usually one or the other. I've never been successful with fake tan and I don't know how people have the time to faff about with it!

So what was your opinion of the days offerings?
I watched on and off during the day and saw nothing that I "had to have"
In fact nothing I would have given house room to.
I am trying to declutter and spent the weekend emptying the loft, wow why did I buy so much rubbish in the past?

So what was your opinion of the days offerings?
I watched on and off during the day and saw nothing that I "had to have"
In fact nothing I would have given house room to.
I am trying to declutter and spent the weekend emptying the loft, wow why did I buy so much rubbish in the past?

I never put anything in the loft apart from a few suitcases. This has meant that when I have moved house there is nothing to chuck away. Unfortunately in the last few years I have collected a lot of junk from the poundshops which I now have around the house. Also OH buys 'bargains' that he never uses so I could do with a clear out.

I thought the day was rubbish.I bought the kipling but only because it had a particular colour I wanted.I didnt think it was a particularly good deal.I tried to watch a couple of other things but it was soooooooooooooooo boring.I think they would have done better to have fashion together,home stuff together etc....like I noticed they had an hour of jewellery.
As its been said,I didnt think the prices were fantastic....

That extortionately priced LG tv seemed to be on every time I flicked over. I agree it would have been better to have themed hours. The whole day was very dull.

Just out of interest which isn't the real world? I know quite a few people who do all that, although not many that fake tan and cruise, usually one or the other. I've never been successful with fake tan and I don't know how people have the time to faff about with it!

We all go to weddings, bbqs, etc. but not usually so often that we need a new dress every week! personally I'd rather see more good quality, reasonably priced everyday wear:happy:

Only switched on a couple of times. Thought the format was tired, dull and old fashioned. It was a real scatter gun approach and didn't inspire at all. A missed opportunity as I bet sales were down.

The whole exercise smacked of desperation. Marketing dept obviously running out of ideas - all the Get Fabulous, NY shopping days etc etc have all been done to death, so a mixed bag of everything was the only option left ! Tragically they are products we see on air several times a month, so even the presenters must get sick of using the same old adjectives.

After 11 years my love affair with Q is finally over, and haven't ordered anything for the past 4 months. I surely cant be the only one. I fear that 640 could be another vacant channel before too long.

I didn`t buy a thing and didn`t see anything which even slightly tempted me, let alone made me dash for the app. It`s all the same old, same old and Q is beginning to look and sound like the dinosaur of the retail world. I`ve never spent fortunes with them even back in their hey day but nowadays I rarely spend anything at all.

I flicked over a few times and lasted all of 60 seconds each time.

Knew there was nothing I was interested in so it came as no surprise - my expectations regarding Q are very low. They need to buck their ideas up if they want to keep established customers - they cant continue to rely on new (green) customers.

I think if it hadnt been for Kipling and perhaps 1 or 2 beauty brands no one on here would have purchased at all, big big lost opportunity for sales.

Contrary to you negative lot :)giggle::giggle:), I bought three items, which I wanted so do not feel suckered into. So for me the event day was good!!

The whole exercise smacked of desperation. Marketing dept obviously running out of ideas - all the Get Fabulous, NY shopping days etc etc have all been done to death, so a mixed bag of everything was the only option left ! Tragically they are products we see on air several times a month, so even the presenters must get sick of using the same old adjectives.

After 11 years my love affair with Q is finally over, and haven't ordered anything for the past 4 months. I surely cant be the only one. I fear that 640 could be another vacant channel before too long.

Their profits were apparently up by 10% last year, so somebody must be buying and they really can't be that desperate or on the brink of closing down with sales figures like that.

I very much doubt it, the reason they run these events are because they are successful, Q are not fools when it comes to marketing and selling! No amount of bad mouthing and negativity from some on Internet forums is going to dent the likes of Q only bad management will eventually pull them down.

True it won't be all singing and dancing for all. Profits I still think can't be as heady as they used to be. Long gone are the days when there is mass hysteria and staying up all night for a tsv. More often than not they continually flog them to sell them. Clearly they are successful. I just feel they have become rather stale of late. I still purchase though nothing for me yesterday.

Latest posts

Back