Great British Teddy Bear - William

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are we twins seperated at birth lol. Was thinking of doing just that but wondered would I be stooping to his level :giggle:

I believe we are actually Evil Twins! :happy:

I always speak as i find - even though sometimes it gets me into trouble.
Oh and never, never cross me - or my Evil siade comes out big time! :devil:

Looks like we/i might have upset some William Bear lovers too. Woops :blush:

have I got this right? A bear dressed in a 'replica' of the wedding dress? surely not! what an insult to a beautiful dress, not to mention the new Duchess!!! still if it sells then they will do it.
Sounds to me they were caught out by the uniform William was to wear, shouldn't he have known there was a William Bear to live up to?!!

I haven't bought any of these bears and probably won't but reading the reply from the company amazed me, what happened with 'the customer is always right' etc etc.

I'm stunned at companies these days, particularly smaller companies who don't seem to appreciate their customers. Akimbo is right, this was a perfect PR exercise for them and they have missed it completely, they could easily make the red uniform and sell it on QVC, people would buy it without a doubt. He could have offered you a freebie Teesvee and you would have come away happy and continued to buy, now you won't and other people now know of the companies stance.

I have become a bit of a serial complainer these days, I think people put up with a lot of crap, ie poor service on cheap airlines, cheap fashion shops, restaurants etc. I believe that if you feel the experience was lacking in anyway then you need to speak up for yourself. I have had a number of bad meals out and I have complained about everyone of them, getting a discount, free course or refund. I used to never complain because I got too embrassed but not now! Money is too tight these days to waste on poor quality of any kind!

Sorry for the rant, just a subject close to my heart! lol

I was the second one to post on this thread. On 29th of April(the day of the Royal Wedding) I sent the following email to QVC and a copy to The Great British Bear Company.

Hi
I purchased this bear when it was presented for the first time. The man from the bear company said they were more or less 100% certain the bear was dressed in the uniform that Prince William would be wearing for the wedding. He even made a remark that the Prince would not be able to show his face back at base if he had wore anything else. That is the reason they are not introducing the Kate bear until after the wedding so they can get the dress correct.
Seen as though the William bear is a collector’s piece and as so it should be authentic. Then I feel they should have held off introducing the bear until after the wedding. It would be fitting of the company and a nice gesture if they would reproduce the correct uniform, and send it out to the people that purchased the William bear. I was going to purchase the Kate bear, but now feel it a waste of time as it will not match will the William bear.
Kind Regards *******

So I presume I was one of the first to complain to the company. Yet up to date I haven't even received a reply from them either by phone or email, which I find very unprofessional.
I will give QVC their due though. I was contacted a couple of days ago by a very nice lady from their customer services. She agreed that the man had said he was more or less 100% certain. She was very understanding especially when I repeated what I had said in the email about leaving the bears production until after the wedding, and said they were looking into the matter. They had tried to contact the company but had got no answer, and presumed it was because of the holidays. I had told her I had emailed the company also and included my phone number. She asked if I had a reply and seemed suprised when I had told her no. She said that herself or another person from QVC would ring me again in another few days. Hopefully with more information after they have talked to the company. Up to now I haven't heard anything.
I have looked on QVC site and they label the bear as 'The Great British Bear Prince William Limited Edition Engagement Bear'. Yet if you go on The Great British Teddy Bear site they have the bear listed as 'William our special limited edition Royal Wedding Teddy Bear'. If the latter is correct then it is hardly going to look right when it is sat next to The Katherin Bear in her wedding dress.
To be honest I have almost given up, but seen as though the lady from QVC said they will ring me back. I will give them a few more days and if not then give them a ring to see why.

Jean G

I believe we are actually Evil Twins! :happy:

I always speak as i find - even though sometimes it gets me into trouble.
Oh and never, never cross me - or my Evil siade comes out big time! :devil:

Looks like we/i might have upset some William Bear lovers too. Woops :blush:

Same here I can be my own worst enemy at times but at least I never think Oh I wish I had said lol :wink:

I haven't bought any of these bears and probably won't but reading the reply from the company amazed me, what happened with 'the customer is always right' etc etc.

I'm stunned at companies these days, particularly smaller companies who don't seem to appreciate their customers. Akimbo is right, this was a perfect PR exercise for them and they have missed it completely, they could easily make the red uniform and sell it on QVC, people would buy it without a doubt. He could have offered you a freebie Teesvee and you would have come away happy and continued to buy, now you won't and other people now know of the companies stance.

I have become a bit of a serial complainer these days, I think people put up with a lot of crap, ie poor service on cheap airlines, cheap fashion shops, restaurants etc. I believe that if you feel the experience was lacking in anyway then you need to speak up for yourself. I have had a number of bad meals out and I have complained about everyone of them, getting a discount, free course or refund. I used to never complain because I got too embrassed but not now! Money is too tight these days to waste on poor quality of any kind!

Sorry for the rant, just a subject close to my heart! lol

Totally agree with you. I think the reason customer service has become so poor is due to the fact people have stopped complaining.

I was the second one to post on this thread. On 29th of April(the day of the Royal Wedding) I sent the following email to QVC and a copy to The Great British Bear Company.

Hi
I purchased this bear when it was presented for the first time. The man from the bear company said they were more or less 100% certain the bear was dressed in the uniform that Prince William would be wearing for the wedding. He even made a remark that the Prince would not be able to show his face back at base if he had wore anything else. That is the reason they are not introducing the Kate bear until after the wedding so they can get the dress correct.
Seen as though the William bear is a collector’s piece and as so it should be authentic. Then I feel they should have held off introducing the bear until after the wedding. It would be fitting of the company and a nice gesture if they would reproduce the correct uniform, and send it out to the people that purchased the William bear. I was going to purchase the Kate bear, but now feel it a waste of time as it will not match will the William bear.
Kind Regards *******

So I presume I was one of the first to complain to the company. Yet up to date I haven't even received a reply from them either by phone or email, which I find very unprofessional.
I will give QVC their due though. I was contacted a couple of days ago by a very nice lady from their customer services. She agreed that the man had said he was more or less 100% certain. She was very understanding especially when I repeated what I had said in the email about leaving the bears production until after the wedding, and said they were looking into the matter. They had tried to contact the company but had got no answer, and presumed it was because of the holidays. I had told her I had emailed the company also and included my phone number. She asked if I had a reply and seemed suprised when I had told her no. She said that herself or another person from QVC would ring me again in another few days. Hopefully with more information after they have talked to the company. Up to now I haven't heard anything.
I have looked on QVC site and they label the bear as 'The Great British Bear Prince William Limited Edition Engagement Bear'. Yet if you go on The Great British Teddy Bear site they have the bear listed as 'William our special limited edition Royal Wedding Teddy Bear'. If the latter is correct then it is hardly going to look right when it is sat next to The Katherin Bear in her wedding dress.
To be honest I have almost given up, but seen as though the lady from QVC said they will ring me back. I will give them a few more days and if not then give them a ring to see why.

Jean G

How rude is this man? Ignores you and snubs me, obviously feeling a fool and can't cope with it. I will be very interested to hear what QVC say but I think at the end of the day we will get the usual return it or stop moaning reply. I wonder how TGBTBC will feel if they get a large amount returned?

Latest posts

Back