ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Green Seasons 2.6kg Summer BBQ Meat Selection
Item Number: 800899
QVC Price £38.75
Try Me Price £31.92
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

Green Seasons summer BBQ meat selection. This 2.6kg selection contains a delicious assortment of sausages, burgers and steaks. Enjoy the very best of Bristish-farmed and reared meat with this mouth-watering selection  perfect for family barbecues.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.800899

who is Green Seasons ... Buccleugh under yet another name??!!!!

If it is them, then this constant name changing thing puts me off for that alone.

Hi

I've had a look and they don't have a website like some of the other food places do so yes I reckon it is. Why do they keep chaging their name? like you say makes them sound a bit dodgy or something.

If the blond chef woman is on the show cooking the food or that Andrew bloke then is on with his 1 in number, 2 in number etc then it definitely is.

plus we've heard here on ST about christmas orders that people had placed which were not fulfilled!

"if it is them" I just don't get what their hook is as to why QVC keep dealing with them, any company that constantly changes its name is one to be wary of, plus if they are aware of people having their orders messed about with, come on. They should be thinking of their customers as opposed to their profit pockets. Why can't they deal with one of the other hundreds of companies out there who would be grateful of the tv promotion/assistance in this horrid economic environment.

But this is obviously only based "if it is" them!!! However, there doesn't seem to be any mention of the other meat makes on the QVC website anymore, hmmmn makes ya wonder!!!

Last edited:
AND... the ad for them on QVC says 'locally produced' - local to where?? UK is a big place, with all sorts of meat producers that means nothing. Its not a farmers locally produced market product that they have in your village hall, and I wish they would stop pretending it is!!

I imagine the meat supplied thru QVC is produced on a farm in rural Chiswick run by a family like the Bartons on Emmerdale...maybe their string of improbable family crises is the reason for the unreliable supply?

Jude xx

plus we've heard here on ST about christmas orders that people had placed which were not fulfilled!

"if it is them" I just don't get what their hook is as to why QVC keep dealing with them, any company that constantly changes its name is one to be wary of, plus if they are aware of people having their orders messed about with, come on. They should be thinking of their customers as opposed to their profit pockets. Why can't they deal with one of the other hundreds of companies out there who would be grateful of the tv promotion/assistance in this horrid economic environment.

But this is obviously only based "if it is" them!!! However, there doesn't seem to be any mention of the other meat makes on the QVC website anymore, hmmmn makes ya wonder!!!

Because QVC own them.

There was no such company's Kings Realm either.

I susPect Buccleugh was the only real company. QVC tested the concept with them, then gave them the boot and created their own brand of premium meats. Very cut throat. They do it all the time.?.. Lock and lock being another example.

Last edited:
I'm another great supporter of your local butcher.....we need to maintain our traditions instead of adding funds to these companies who seem keen to take our money but supply inferior quality meats.

Because QVC own them.

I susPect Buccleugh was the only real company. QVC tested the concept with them, then gave them the boot and created their own brand of premium meats. Very cut throat. They do it all the time.?.. Lock and lock being another example.

Of course they do, I'm so naieve sometimes - its easy to get sucked into that 'we're here for you, one cosy family' PR stuff. I wondered what happened to lock and lock. I know its a business, but I hate that sort of politics - it will only bring Bad Karma (she says whilst swinging her beads and lighting a joss stick),,,,:rock:

Because QVC own them.

Oh sorry I didn't know that, but it does make sense, I knew Cooks Essentials was theirs but not the meat products. Even more of a kick in the butt to the customers who were let down then. :eek:(

But L&L, really? I thought that had been around for years prior, Lakeland and John Lewis has always sold it. Bought myself a L&L half an apple saver years ago from Lakeland ... why on earth I ask myself now tho lol

I like to be able to see my meat before I buy it and to know that it has been ethically farmed and slaughtered.
By buying from my local butcher I KNOW that this is the case, he has his reputation to keep up.
In a small town like ours once you lose your good name you might as well give up and go home.
So by buying locally I am ensuring the meat I buy has had a good life, I am helping keep a local business open and I am cutting down on my food miles.
A win win situation.

I think Kings Realm has had a PR makeover and has been reinvented as Green Seasons. KR had been trashed in terms of reliability and quality by QVC customers - every time it was on QVC it got a right bashing on Facebook. I suspect sales plummeted particularly after the Xmas delivery fiascos 2 years running. So KR has simply been rehabilitated into Green Seasons - and the name itself is probably designed to conjure up images of happy, roaming livestock grazing contentedly on lush green pastures living the organic free-range life. The reality is probably intensively farmed meat that has been zzhuzzhed up with flavourings, spice blends and stuffings to be presented as "premium" meat products, just like KR was. As for £10 postage, QVC are having a larf. Thank goodness for my local butcher who makes a mean sausage or 2 and are made from piggies that have lived a happy free-range life in the fields of Blythburgh, Suffolk, about 20 miles from where I live.

and the guy showing the BBQ selection was just talking about the packing etc and he said "and when this is delivered to you and left outside your house the temperature will remain the same". LEFT OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE if you are out!! for £10 P&P it should be signed for delivery only, not left outside Huh!!

A tenner for P&P!! I could get a nice piece of roasting beef, some hand made sausages and a couple of chicken fillets for that price from my butcher, and it's all locally produced meat too.

£10 P&P is an utter rip off!!! and even more so if they just leave it outside if you aren't home.

Often the meat looks yummy but I would never buy online, I would always go into a supermarket to choose my own meat and I would far rather spend £10 on 3 whole chickens (as in Sains at moment) than as rip off postage. Wonder what these guys would charge for 3 whole chickens, I bet it would be triple sains, ha!

£10 P&P is an utter rip off!!! and even more so if they just leave it outside if you aren't home.

Often the meat looks yummy but I would never buy online, I would always go into a supermarket to choose my own meat and I would far rather spend £10 on 3 whole chickens (as in Sains at moment) than as rip off postage. Wonder what these guys would charge for 3 whole chickens, I bet it would be triple sains, ha!

A tenner for 3 whole chickens means they've had a really awful very short life, as evidenced in Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's programme on channel 4 a while ago.

http://www.chickenout.tv/

Oh sorry I didn't know that, but it does make sense, I knew Cooks Essentials was theirs but not the meat products. Even more of a kick in the butt to the customers who were let down then. :eek:(

But L&L, really? I thought that had been around for years prior, Lakeland and John Lewis has always sold it. Bought myself a L&L half an apple saver years ago from Lakeland ... why on earth I ask myself now tho lol

sorry i didnt explain properley, L&L are still going and available alsorts of places, but QVC saw a great idea with L&L,so great that they eventually ditched it and brought in Cooks Essentials Snappy Fresh or whatever its called which is a direct copy.

test the concept using another company's resources. let them take the risk if its a dud idea. but when you find a hit, ditch the original company and bring out your own version.

thats business!

i

Latest posts

Back