Green Seasons 2.6kg Summer BBQ Meat Selection Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My chicken has to be massaged, cuddled, entertained, comfortable, exercised outside, sheltered and given achalf decent life. I am only half joking. I will not buy cheap chicken and am happy to pay more.

My chicken has to be massaged, cuddled, entertained, comfortable, exercised outside, sheltered and given achalf decent life. I am only half joking. I will not buy cheap chicken and am happy to pay more.

me too. and i thank god for being able to. but if i was on a tight budget with a family to feed and saw cheap chicken then i would buy it. happy well-fed children come before happy chickens.

A tenner for 3 whole chickens means they've had a really awful very short life, as evidenced in Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's programme on channel 4 a while ago.

http://www.chickenout.tv/

No I didn't mean it like that, what I meant was that I would far rather spend the £10 they are charging on P&P on additional meat by going to the supermarket to choose the lot myself. I think QVC P&P is utterly disgraceful at the best of times but £10 postage for these meats is ludicrous. And it had just got me going when he said they leave it outside too if you aren't in. I wasn't referring anything to chickens in particular nor their quality of life. I just used them as a quick example, I could have said any meat. No offence intended. :eek:))

me too. and i thank god for being able to. but if i was on a tight budget with a family to feed and saw cheap chicken then i would buy it. happy well-fed children come before happy chickens.

Ah, but if people were still taught domestic science at school they'd know that a properly fed and raised chicken will stretch further. Meat isn't pumped full of crap so it fills you up, use carcass for soup etc so it works out better value than cheap crap!

Sorry am off on a tangent..............

Ah, but if people were still taught domestic science at school they'd know that a properly fed and raised chicken will stretch further. Meat isn't pumped full of crap so it fills you up, use carcass for soup etc so it works out better value than cheap crap!

Maybe off tangent, yes...but you are absolutely right!!

The namby-pamby state schools now teach jack-sh1t! They are too busy being run by ferrel children of ferrel parents!*

Anyway, sorry, back OT

* not all schools obvs!! :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Totally agree with this. My mum taught me that If you get a free-range chicken, you can get so many more meals from it, finishing up with boiling up the carcass for chicken stock, or a really tasty stew with dumplings. Its so weird that certain people today just want the white meat and then throw the chicken out. Maybe if more people had been taught what to do with each cut of meat there wouldn't be so much waste.
Also I far prefer a cut of brisket beef, cook it up slowly all day in stock and it is much tastier than any other beef cut I have ever had. It used to be really cheap before the recession, but now the supermarkets have increased the price of even this.

Sorry for off-topic-ness!

I agree with you all on the quality and sourcing of meat and chicken if at all possible. My local butcher does a roaring trade in locally sourced meat from the Yorkshire Dales. He has a sign each week as to which farm/producer his various items came from and the chickens are labelled with the farm that raised them. And he's right across the road from the local Morrisons as well :rock: This just shows people really do want good meat/chicken if it's available at reasonable prices, plus you can buy 2 or 3 (shop made) sausages instead of whole packets. :up:

Latest posts

Back