Greetings from lulu guinness in florida

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh I dunno CTD. I don't think Lulu Guinness is that well known particularly amongst the young. Whereas Radley certainly is.

I like LG handbags but I really only buy her more mainstream stuff. I might buy a purse or a make up bag with a witty design but I wouldn't buy a handbag. I wouldn't even buy the shop bags or the doll face.

Yes, it's cheap but I thought it would be nice as little gifts for friends who I wouldn't dream of spending £50 on, nor would they expect that. Also nice for me until I can save up for the real thing :)

I have a customer in the US, I may ask her to buy me some things and send them. I haven't paid customs charges on items from the US for a long time - the post office said they pick items at random the last time I queried why I was charged £18 on a packet of craft stuff. Think their charges are random as well .......

Yes, it's cheap but I thought it would be nice as little gifts for friends who I wouldn't dream of spending £50 on, nor would they expect that. Also nice for me until I can save up for the real thing :)

I have a customer in the US, I may ask her to buy me some things and send them. I haven't paid customs charges on items from the US for a long time - the post office said they pick items at random the last time I queried why I was charged £18 on a packet of craft stuff. Think their charges are random as well .......

Take a look at bundle box. com it is a service which gives you an address in their warehouse in the USA so you can buy stuff from usa websites have it sent there and they receive it and post it on. If you have more than one item they can put all in one box to save on shipping, they do customs charges up front so no nasty surprises when it arrives! ive never used them myself but have read about them on other forums, and people ordered kindle paper light through them with no problems before it was available in the UK. I fancy getting some stuff from Sephora myself!

well I popped along to J C Penney this morning (as you do) and the bags were good quality and nicely made for the money. Fabric similar to a very heavy gauge Kipling bag fabric. Must confess I bought one for me and one for my nephew's girlfriend. The sales woman said british women had cleared the shelves like plagues of locusts and they had very little stock left !

They also had a range of bags etc by Vivienne Tan - remember QVC had a netbook decorated with one of her designs about 3 years ago ?

Macy's have similar "mass market" ranges by other designers - Michael Kors, Betsey Johnson and Ted Baker, all look good for the money. If only QVC UK could get in on the act.

Also in JCP - Nails Inc polish for $8.50 a bottle (£5.50 ish). I'm getting disillusioned with QVC UK.

it's the £8 that Parcelforce charge for collecting the customs fee on behalf of HMRC that gets me. Plus the fact that duty is charged on the postage on the package as well as on the contents .

I'm going shopping again in a few days, would be happy to pick up a couple of little things for you if still in stock. Message me.

Linda xx

I have noticed though that Laura Geller and Smashbox are expensive here in the US - the QVC UK kits are very good value in comparison.

J C Penney? Gosh, she's gone down-market.

That's what I was thinking as well TBH although I do love JC Penney. Was only thinking about Orlando the other day when I dug out my Gryffendor scarf to wear (sad I know). Hope you soon feel better. Retail therapy is definitely the way to go over there. Was watching the Yankee Candle hour on the Q the other day with Craig and one of the callers mentioned Florida Mall and I felt so jealous. Not so sure we will return too soon though as we've now got the cruise bug. Enjoy your trip. Are you going to visit MK? I'd love to see the new Fantasyland.

I have noticed though that Laura Geller and Smashbox are expensive here in the US - the QVC UK kits are very good value in comparison.

Is that in ULTA Linda? The Smashbox was better value in ULTA when we were last there? Sephora don't stock LG anymore though do they? From reading the makeupalley boards Nails Inc has taken off in a big way over there.

Nope, none of it is available in the UK. Not fair really. I wanted the luggage tags at AROUND SIX POUNDS!!!! That would have been my christmas presents all sewn up along with the phone sleeves, totes and make up bags etc. Come on Lulu, give us a chance to get some of these. The phone sleeve on QVC is about £50.

You are right...

There are complaints on the Red Carpet Manicure facebook page about the price of the varnishes here - as they are $9.99 (around £6.50) on the USA website and £12.95 on the UK website. They just replied that it was all to do with the shipping costs as they have to get them here from USA.

so that implies that they are manufactured in the US (rather than China). i'm surprised.

hi VALm, yes it was Ulta, i was disappointed. The Nails Inc is Sephora. OPI produce separate lines for Target, Walmart and Sephora, all priced at $7. Don't get me started on the price of crafting stuff, especially Martha Stewart, Anna Griffin and DCWV. Dawn Bibby would have a field day.

This is why I'm really dis-illusioned with QVC UK and their so called buying power. But they must be making "enough" profit that they don't need to change their strategy.

MK next week, I've booked the Wishes Dessert Party - first time !

Latest posts

Back