Hair care ranges from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fletchie

Registered Shopper
I've noticed of late that QVC seem to be offering more haircare ranges again.

I was a big fan of Hairfix and always had the 3 step system in the bathroom but it does seem to have changed. My hair no longer responds as well to it - not sure if they changed the formula but something just isn't the same. I bought it last year when it came back into stock but won't be buying it again sadly. I've dabbled in Philip Kingsley but not totally bowled over.

Ojon - I liked the original revitalising mist and my hair does seem to like the new Damage Reverse Shampoo and Conditioner. However, the rest of the range is a big no go, it's just too much for my fine hair.

Aveda - Yep, loved it and then QVC stopped that as they did Philip B. I also liked the Paul Yaconi? (I think that is the correct name but forgive me if it isn't) range which had some lovely micro fine oils but they too went to haircare heaven.

Now - there is Percy & Reed, Frederick Fekkai, Kelly Van Gogh, Richard Ward and Lulu etc.. I haven't tried any of these at all and the reviews seemed mixed. Anybody else tried them and think they are worth the plunge or are they just another shampoo with an expensive label?

I wish they'd do a Wen TSV, like the ones they have on QVC US with HUGE sizes and low prices; it's a fab product, well it works for me.

Jude xx

I've watched the commercial for that a couple of times and wondered what it's like. They have it on QVC USA I think. I think I may have a gander on Fleabay...any particular 'scent' you would recommend Jude? x

Hi
I'd go with the main flavour: Almond & Mint. The best time to buy, and not get tied into a repeat sales plan is to go to the wenhaircare.co.uk site in December (and possibly in the summer) when they have a sale which means you can bulk buy the product you want (just the cleanser in my case) at a reduced price and just one lot of p&p.

Here's why it works for me: In the shower I wet my hair and apply a handful (about 16-20pumps) of the cleanser which is just like a conditioner in texture and work thru, pile on top of my head and have the rest of my shower. At the end of the shower I comb it thru (it detangles a treat and my fine hair tangles badly) and rinse. Job done. I know I sound like an infomercial but it saves me time every morning but my hair doesn't need any additional conditioner and I take it on holiday as it saves time swimming etc, when I have 2 or more showers in the day. It's a leap of faith to believe that it will clean your hair but it seems to do just that. My hair also behaves itself if I blow-dry it too.

I'm completely over using a pre-shampoo treatment (yes ojon I mean you!), then a shampoo, and conditioner, then a spray-on de-tangler and possibly something sprayed on for blow-drying. My DD is working her way through my stash of shampoos and conditioner because she doesn't like the mintiness of Wen - neither the scent nor the fact she says it tingles her scalp. So I'd recommend you try it, because it probably isn't for everyone; GuthyRenker are offering the starter set with free p&p at the mo, just make sure you cancel the subscription if you don't like it but at least you'd only lose your return p&p.

Jude xx

PS the cleanser raises a good price on ebay, even part used bottles sell well so you could try selling it on within the 60 day MBG if you don't like it!

PPS forgot to say you can still just buy the cleanser from the website without signing up for the plan

PPPS I'm not on commission...sadly

Last edited:
I like the original Ojon mist too (they have it in stock on the website at the moment)

I really want them to start stocking wen. I emailed them about it but they have no plans to start stocking it

Hairfix has been popping up in TKMaxx recently.

Oh and quite a bit of MOP C System stuff as well.

It was Estee Lauder who pulled Aveda when they bought the company out.

Wen has always interested me. A range they sell on QVC US Living Proof is brilliant, I am using a Try Me kit of their Restore range and its amazing.

Lulu's one is made by John Frieda so no doubt buy that version much cheaper in Boots with no p&p.

Having loved Aveda, especially the sap moss til they discontinued it a few years ago - very disappointed - and tried Liz Earle which I thought would work, I have now found Macadamia Oil Hair range and am loving it. I used to have really curly, quite long hair, then it all came out with chemo and grew back still curly but very fine so I have a lot of it (good!)but it is so fine and frizzy, it looks more like candy floss on my head. Anyway, deciding I needed something to smooth the hair rather than nourishing it, I stumbled across this range and after one application of the oil, my hair is much better and the curls smoother. I ordered from Cheap Smells and initially tried the small sizes (excellent for travel too) and have just ordered the full sizes of the shampoo, nourishing rinse conditioner and the oil. Would be good to see this on QVC. Sorry for rabbiting on !!

I always buy Wen haircare when I am in Florida as my hair gets very dry sitting in the sun,I find it really does cleanse and condition the hair,hopefully Q will bring it here although it has been on Q in America for a few years.I now buy Aveda products from Selfridges, Ojon has never really done anything for my hair.
Lynn

I wish they'd do a Wen TSV, like the ones they have on QVC US with HUGE sizes and low prices; it's a fab product, well it works for me.

Jude xx

Oh thats fab. I send for it from ''trusted Guthy Renka ''. I love the product, the hair mask is gorgeous, in fact it all is. I use the Almond & Mint, lovely smell.

And I agree, I wish our Q would sell it. I think they would make a bomb.

I also like Liz Earle's shampoo & conditioner as well & it loves my hair. I really want to try Frederic Fekkai's products. Any takers on here. Not impressed with Richard Ward's stuff I'm afraid. The Root Booster made my hair feel like glue & got sent back pronto.

Last edited:
Glamour magazine have a freebie of Percy and Read in the April issue. Choice of 4 different sorts, which altogether are worth £44, so you could get the whole lot for £8 if you wanted to try the range.

I used to love Aveda. Now I use Philip Kingsley and really love it. Hairdressers have commented on what good condition my hair is in and I have it regularly coloured with all kinds of products!

Latest posts

Back