Halogen oven good value at £39.99

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anyone is looking for an extension ring to go with there halogen ovens, the cheapest I could find was from JML , ebay and amazon were both £6.99 upwards , JML was £4.99 free P&P. I was worried it wasn't going to fit my halogen oven ( bought from Morrison's) however it fits perfectly, ordered late Monday night and it arrived today. Never had a delivery on a Sunday before but thought that was pretty good service :)

http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/cooking+baking/halowave-extension-ring/invt/h0der20100000001

I have had a halogen oven now for several years ( I am on to my second one now) and wouldn't want to be without it and have recommended them to all of my friends as mine has saved me ££££ over the time I have had it. I use it in conjunction with my Microwave and have cooked 99% of our meals in it.
I have found that if I just leave the lid off center a tiny bit it allows the steam out and makes chips and jacket potatoes much crisper.
I don't know why EVERY one who cooks doesn't have one, it will pay for its self very quickly with the electricity you are going to save, and I know IW have had a bad rap regarding their customer service I have never had any trouble with them and their P&P is sometimes a real deal.
I have never had a dedicated cook book but I also haven't yet found anything I haven't been able to cook init even if it takes a bit of trial and error to get it just right.

I have one but couldn't get on with it as I was forever burning my arm trying to get stuff in and out.

Well I received my IW halogen oven - even though Hermes took 5 days to pick it up after it said the order had been generated. I really like it, and I love, LOVE, LOVE the hinged lid. I'm one very happy customer.

did anyone buy the visicook at £99 im trying to find out the dimensions, have found the same one for £70 thinking of buying but cant find dimentions anywhere

Halogen oven lid causing fault

I was given one of these for Xmas and have been pleased with it. However yesterday I had trouble getting it to start, the problem was resolved by giving a harf bang at the top of the ajustable stem bit. It is practically impossible to get it to start with the extender ring in without pushing and wiggling the lid around. It looks as though the small back button needs to be pushed in by the lid and this isn't happening.
Can anyone advise on my position getting this replaced or repaired given that it was a present and not purchased by myself so I do not have the paperwork? All advice will be much appreciated. Thank you

Chef William is, how can I put it, a little bit haphazard.

Seems a nice chap though :mysmilie_59:

I was given one of these for Xmas and have been pleased with it. However yesterday I had trouble getting it to start, the problem was resolved by giving a harf bang at the top of the ajustable stem bit. It is practically impossible to get it to start with the extender ring in without pushing and wiggling the lid around. It looks as though the small back button needs to be pushed in by the lid and this isn't happening.
Can anyone advise on my position getting this replaced or repaired given that it was a present and not purchased by myself so I do not have the paperwork? All advice will be much appreciated. Thank you

hope you got it sorted Suz. I think the contract is between the seller / buyer so whoever purchased it for you would have to contact IW to arrange a replacement for you. If they do not have the paperwork, they would be able to check their account on line for the details.

did anyone buy the visicook at £99 im trying to find out the dimensions, have found the same one for £70 thinking of buying but cant find dimentions anywhere

I have the Visicook AirChef if that's what you're after. It's smaller than the Halogen It's 14" or 36 cm front to back, 13.5" or 35 cm across, 13.5" or 35 cm high, the internal measurement of the bowl is 11" or 28.5 cm and with the lid up it's 22" or 56.5 cm. I sold my Beaumark Air-Wave Health Cooker to buy the Visicook, but sold it before the Visicook arrived. A little disappointed with the Visicook because if you have the drum in it's a bit tight to put anything on the rack under the drum so if I'm doing a chop I tend to put the chop in my digital halogen. Other than that small gripe I'm quite impressed an it does cook better than the Beaumark. The photo shows the size difference between the Visicook and the digital halogen, the back of them are completely even.

Visicook Next To Halogen.jpg

Chef William is, how can I put it, a little bit haphazard.

Seems a nice chap though :mysmilie_59:

I can't take to him. He's inoffensive enough but I just don't like the way he presents the products. I normally watch (and buy much to much) most kitchen hours on IW but I don't bother when I know he is on so maybe I should be thanking him.:mysmilie_14:

hope you got it sorted Suz. I think the contract is between the seller / buyer so whoever purchased it for you would have to contact IW to arrange a replacement for you. If they do not have the paperwork, they would be able to check their account on line for the details.

Thank you, I finally resorted to contacting them via facebook. They gave me a case no. which I passed onto the purchaser. He rang and explained but got a lady whose first language wasn't English, he explained it was faulty and wanted a refund. Her script didn't allow for this and she just kept repeating to return it for repair, he did get a return label though. We packed it up and dropped it of to be collected on Monday. He enclosed a letter saying he wanted a refund not a repair, quoting Sale of Goods And Sevices, it not being fit for advertised use etc. He has a law degree specializing in commercial and contracts law - so hopefully he'll get his money back. He,ll then buy another - probably from Amazon!
I'll let you know how it goes.:)

That's good Suz. Hope you manage to sort it all out to your satisfaction.:mysmilie_46: :)

( I think that smilie is supposed to have a chef's hat on but the more I look at it, the more it looks like a couple of beer mugs on its head! Think I need specsavers...) :)

That's good Suz. Hope you manage to sort it all out to your satisfaction.:mysmilie_46: :)

( I think that smilie is supposed to have a chef's hat on but the more I look at it, the more it looks like a couple of beer mugs on its head! Think I need specsavers...) :)
Hi,
Well looks like the letter worked, he received a full refund back into his account on Thursday - it wasn't dropped off to be returned until last Monday!
Ordered one from Amazon (different brand) on Saturday, was delivered today!.
Give IW their due, they seem to have made the refund as soon as they received the return. Haven't gone for the hinged lid this time, I think there may need to be more research on this feature as that's definitely where the problem was.
Bye for now.....

My cookworlds world halogen has stopped working after 2 years 2 months. I only used it a few times a week. I really liked it but shan't buy another one as I have a mini oven in reserve. I looked on tube to see if I could replace the bulb but it is too fiddly for me.

I have had 2 halogen ovens off IW. One lasted 18 months and the second one the lid hinge became loose and fell on my hand whilst I was turning some bacon over in the bowl and burnt me. Ideal world promptly collected it and gave a full refund. Its a good product and even if it only lasts a couple of years for 39.99 its worth it. I haven't bought another yet. Aldi recently had a bargain offer but they had all gone by the time I got in the shop at 9.30!!!!!

I have had 2 halogen ovens off IW. One lasted 18 months and the second one the lid hinge became loose and fell on my hand whilst I was turning some bacon over in the bowl and burnt me. Ideal world promptly collected it and gave a full refund. Its a good product and even if it only lasts a couple of years for 39.99 its worth it. I haven't bought another yet. Aldi recently had a bargain offer but they had all gone by the time I got in the shop at 9.30!!!!!

My first Halogen Oven lasted around 2 years (bought from Morrisons) So replaced it a couple of months back with one from The Range which lasted around 3 weeks before breaking , so got that refunded and bought the one from Aldi with a 3 year Warranty, so far its been fine :)

Good luck with the Aldi one. I think some people have had problems but with a 3 year guarantee and the price it was it is a winner

I still have mine but since buying a combination microwave I tend to use that rather than the Halogen but it still gets used 2 or 3 times a week. It has started to make a "funny" noise when it first starts up but turning it on and off a couple of times soon sorts it out. I would defiantly replace it when it finally stops working and goes to the halogen oven grave yard.
I no longer have a "big" cooker and get by using 2 Induction hobs ( one a cooks essentials and one from Aldi) my Combination Microwave (A which best buy from John Lewis) and the Halogen oven from Amazon .
Between them they have saved me ££££ in LPG and electricity. The only thing I did miss my "big" oven for was batch baking but now it is only me and my DD at home I no longer find I need to batch bake as we are both meant to be watching our weight.

Latest posts

Back