Halogen Oven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone done toast in theirs? I keep looking for a toaster, but never finding one that I like, this looks like it will do that and so much else. My worktop space is really limited so could not have this AND a toaster! I know that looks like a stupid question, but with the price of fuel these days, I am trying to avoid switching on my main oven and grill as much as possible, with the added advantage, that the cooker I have may then last a good long time, possibly outliving me!!!!!

Hello Mediastar,

I believe you can do toast although I haven't yet, I'm still waiting on my replacement lid.
I purchased the accessory set with my halogen oven and it does have a toast rack type thing in it.

I'm going to be so adventurous when my lid comes! LOL.

Mr T says its cool !

http://www.thanedirect.co.uk/products/housewares/flavorwave-turbo/flavorwave-turbo.php

prod_08.jpg

Thanks for all your replies ladies I will look in to getting one but not from Ideal World. I will let you know how it goes.

I bought one of the old-style Prima ovens from QVC about ten years ago. It's identical - glass bowl, lid with heating element - except that it's just a normal fan oven, not halogen. I

I use it almost every day and one year when my big oven packed in I even managed to cook Christmas dinner - turkey crown, roast potatoes, the lot - in it. I rarely use my main oven any more.

One of the things my countertop oven does really, really well is this: If you have a loaf that's gone a bit stale, something like a bloomer or tiger loaf, sprinkle it with water, enough to get the crust damp all over, and put it in a medium oven (halogen or otherwise) for a few minutes. The bread comes out good as new, all crusty on the outside and fluffy inside.

Latest posts

Back