hand washing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Just switched over to see the Molton Brown woman washing her hands - for a long time.

I chuckled at the absurdity of this. We sit in front of the telly watching someone washing their hands. Its ridiculous ! We see the BAs on L'Occitaine, Elemis and other soapy brands washing and rinsing. Why ???? we can't smell it, but it does give the BA license to wax lyrical about starry nights and stepping into dogs poo, or sandy beaches with the smell of sweat wafting across from the next sun lounger.

Are we really so stupid that we have to see foam to believe what the product does ? ITS SOAP !!!

Just switched over to see the Molton Brown woman washing her hands - for a long time.

I chuckled at the absurdity of this. We sit in front of the telly watching someone washing their hands. Its ridiculous ! We see the BAs on L'Occitaine, Elemis and other soapy brands washing and rinsing. Why ???? we can't smell it, but it does give the BA license to wax lyrical about starry nights and stepping into dogs poo, or sandy beaches with the smell of sweat wafting across from the next sun lounger.

Are we really so stupid that we have to see foam to believe what the product does ? ITS SOAP !!!
How dare you! - It's a cleansing bar!!!
You're right of course, fgs, why do we wash our hands?, yep, to get all the muck and germs off! - It's not a luxurious experience and it doesn't need to be either. I'm not suggesting that we all go out and buy a bar of carbolic, but cut the crap, it is what it is!

You got me at "triple milled"! - Nah! Dove will do me that's nice and creamy and if you remember Camay (long gone I think) that was lovely too

This annoys me so much. For the Korres TSV, we had the brand ambassador, Jill F and a “model” in the studio, all foaming up the product like their lives depended on it. There’s always one of them squeezing the stuff over and over through a bath lily till it starts to resemble a 1990s Ibiza nightclub foam party, and Jill always tries to outdo everyone else and use about half a bottle. Utterly pointless! By far the worse thing, though, is the sound of Debbie Flint in the background deep sniffing and then heavily exhaling “ahhhhhh”. How is anyone encouraged to buy by that?!

I still wash my hands like I did during the first Covid surge. I do the same if I unpack a package or open any mail. I also still wear a mask when out because you never know …..
Old habits die hard, Toril. I’ve not worn a mask for several months but the first thing I do when I return with shopping is wash my hands and I squirt a bit of sanitiser on anything that comes in the house still. I hate that I feel I have to do it, though.

Camay! Yes as a teenager I used to massage my face for ages with it, it contained cold cream didn’t it? Now at 75 I have my Elemis & the rest potions lined up and dare I say I am quite happy with my skin but it is all down to those Camay moments.

And invariably every brand has at least one soap or shower gel that smells “up-lifting” whatever that means.
After a shower, or a wash, I feel clean and sweet smelling. I don't feel uplifted. And on a similar vein, Jenny often says she feels masculine if she wears a certain style of clothes. I would never feel masculine, even if I wore a man's suit. I think she means that she would look masculine, but I doubt that. She has a very pretty, feminine figure.

This annoys me so much. For the Korres TSV, we had the brand ambassador, Jill F and a “model” in the studio, all foaming up the product like their lives depended on it. There’s always one of them squeezing the stuff over and over through a bath lily till it starts to resemble a 1990s Ibiza nightclub foam party, and Jill always tries to outdo everyone else and use about half a bottle. Utterly pointless! By far the worse thing, though, is the sound of Debbie Flint in the background deep sniffing and then heavily exhaling “ahhhhhh”. How is anyone encouraged to buy by that?!

Old habits die hard, Toril. I’ve not worn a mask for several months but the first thing I do when I return with shopping is wash my hands and I squirt a bit of sanitiser on anything that comes in the house still. I hate that I feel I have to do it, though.
It can't hurt!

Camay! Yes as a teenager I used to massage my face for ages with it, it contained cold cream didn’t it? Now at 75 I have my Elemis & the rest potions lined up and dare I say I am quite happy with my skin but it is all down to those Camay moments.
Can you still buy the soap with the gold/black/red label in the centre? Imperial leather wasn't it?

Sudden memory of having a magnetic soap holder stuck to the bathroom tiles when I was a kid, you had to drive a metal disc into the bar of soap to make it work and it sort of hung on. I guess it saved all the slime on the sink or a having a slimy soap dish to deal with!

Sudden memory of having a magnetic soap holder stuck to the bathroom tiles when I was a kid, you had to drive a metal disc into the bar of soap to make it work and it sort of hung on. I guess it saved all the slime on the sink or a having a slimy soap dish to deal with!
Oh I remember those, my father was and still is a big fan of imperial leather and I can recall that stuck on the soap holder to the wall next to the sink

Latest posts

Back