Hardest Ever Sell?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Agree so much with all that has been said. I have noticed that the easy pays are far more frequent, this advanced order ploy is being used a lot and I swear that the p and p has shot up a lot of late with some rather light looking objects costing just under £6 to be despatched. I am sure it is all strategic and planned to boost their profits. There are other things they could do such as bulk p and p and some NEW stuff plus maybe, just maybe having a total overhaul of their "fashion". But it ain't going to happen until they see a significant downturn in sales. Oh and put some duct tape on Debbie F's gob!

Well I didn't like her before she left QVC and I haven't liked her since she's been back either:down: I find her selling tecnique unwatchable, she reminds me of an iffy backstreet car salesman trying to sell a deathtrap of an old banger.:devil:

Yes, she really does push it to the limit sometimes :thinking: Almost fell for it myself the other night when she was doing the Alpha H tsv :talking: She can be very persuasive - fixing you with that gimlet eye and then going in for the kill :drunk: Fortunately I came to my senses and avoided buying something I really didn't need.

I'm torn here. I initially didn't like her, but then really warmed to her - but yes, as so many of you have said I'm finding her hard sell is getting worse. I didn't see the computer presentation last night, but she was just as bad during the Diet Chef presentation that I caught this morning.

I don't think it's confined just to her anymore though - many of the presenters are becoming more hard faced with the selling tactics, some are more subtle than others. I absolutely can't stand the 'Why don't you go for it now, because it's on easy-pay and next time it comes on air you might not be able to take advantage of that - don't miss out and regret it...' line that is being used a LOT at the moment. That to me really does pray on the weaker person to crack and order something they might not necessarily really need or be able to afford...

I prefer the upfront selling technique as it's easier for me to resist; I'm less likely to find I've started watching an hour adamant there's nothing I need only to be seductively persuaded to check out 2 or 3 items by the end of the hour! :doh: The insidious sellers are those who con the viewer into believing they're their bezzy mates and are candidly advising them about what's needed in their lives.

Make no mistake; they're all there the shift units :devil: and there's no real conscience about whether or not the customer needs it, wants it or can afford it. I don't doubt they're all under increasing pressure to close as many sales as possible

Debbie should play to her strengths; compared with other presenters she's intelligent, articulate and has a wicked dirty laugh.

Jude xx

i agree! debbie really just makes me laugh as she is so obvious saying that you should buy items in thier multitudes for friends/nieghbours etc.
catherine is very similar but using softer tones and words.
julia and kathy are not really hard sellers they are much more subtle.
craig makes me want too switch off he is too corny and smarmy imo.

Debbie should play to her strengths; compared with other presenters she's intelligent, articulate and has a wicked dirty laugh.

Jude xx

That's an excellent point and the main reason I warmed to Debbie in the first place. Underneath the hard sell, she does at times come across as a human being - and she does have a really wicked sense of humour...:happy:

Does anyone remember when Julian would say at the beginning of a show,'a big welcome even if you're only window shopping'?
Imagine saying that now?
Another thing he used to say was he had to stop his mother from buying so much stuff & limit her to just one a week!
No,haven't heard him say anything like that in a long time :wonder:

I somehow manage to keep seeing DF selling a Decleor eye product on QVC Beauty (and you know how they like their repeats on QVC Beauty!) and I was really amazed by her tone. I hadn't seen anything like it before. She was staring straight down the camera, and (I'm paraphrasing here) saying thing like "Maybe you're feeling dubious about some of the claims we're making... well, maybe you're wrong? Try it, place an order today, easy pay, blah blah blah". It was genuinely sinister.

If I am considering buying a product I want to know:

1. What does it do
2. How much does it cost
3. If (and that is a big if!) it is clothing what sizes are available, what is the length and how to clean it

I am not interested that the presenter claims to own\use the whole range, it is their favourite colour, the best thing since the discovery of antibiotics, that Cheryl Cole would buy this or that it would make an ideal gift for a teacher.

A bit more honesty and a lot less hype and waffle please QVC

Latest posts

Back