Has Catherine Huntley stolen Pipps chameleon hair colour crown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
I remember the days, when Pippas pixie crop changed colour as often as my drawers :mysmilie_14:
Now, Pippa has 'hair mellowed', it seems Catherine Huntley has taken on the hair shade challenge of late!
Question is.. what colour do you think suits Catherine best?

Shes had a lot of styles.. from long blonde extensions to the dark radical Shakespeare's Sister Bob (ha! showing my age here!) :mysmilie_11:

Catherine seems to enjoy the titian/copper shades.. Not my choice personally.

Someone once told me 'drastic hair colour/style changing means person is emotionally unsettled' This has some truth I think, because I recently asked a friend who moaned that she wanted a hairdo change, but decided not to, because her DH adored her hair the way it was, (regardless that it has been same style/colour for 20 years)! Whereas another friend cut her hair as soon as she left her partner 'because he always liked it long, and I did the crop to spite him'!

Sorry I think that's a load of nonsense, I've had all sorts of major changes to hair colours and styles and its purely because I like change and have the confidence to do so, not because I am emotionally unsettled.

You only live once, why spend it with the same hair cut and colour for the whole time?

I don't think she changes colour as often as Pipa used to. CH had the current colour about 2years ago then went blonde.

She looked really lovely the other day with her hair freshly coloured and great make up,but the following day the hair was unruly and didnt look as good.

I think she should revert to her dark natural colour for a while ,that's what I'm trying to do at the moment but its hard to do it by growing out years of colouring.

I prefer her with a few blonde highlights. I think coppery reds can look a bit harsh on her. My own hair has highlights but is originally dark brown. I used to love playing around with hair dyes especially reds and Auburn's. It always felt in such condition after a dye had been on.

Chuntley is doing it for praise and adoration, Pipa did it because she was stylish and edgy, and I do it purely to cover the grey and look younger.

Chuntley is doing it for praise and adoration, Pipa did it because she was stylish and edgy, and I do it purely to cover the grey and look younger.

That reminds me of when I went to my school 40th anniversary reunion. All the girls I went to school with who were brunettes, were now blonde.

Chuntley never takes a breath that isn't a request for adoration, so I presume the change of hair colour was for that reason. I didn't see her because I am allergic to her after her sickly praise of Paul McKenna. I presume the hair colour would have been advised by her latest guru as making her look thinner.

The trouble with red/coppery tones in hair colour they fade very quickly. So if she stays this colour will need it redone once a month at least.

They do say to go lighter as you get older and darks shades can look harsh on older ladies.

I am boring, I was born a blond and just dye natural blond now. I did once try brown and it was a disaster my hair had a strange green hint which the hairdryer had to sort out. :mysmilie_17: I colour at home and just use natural blond. I have people who did say to me they didn't know my hair was coloured when I mention it. So must be the right shade for me. Oh years back I did ask my hairdresser about going red and was told NO, would not suit it.

I've seen one picture of Catherine many years ago with her natural brown hair colour. I am not surprised she doesn't go back to it. She may be one of the many who go and then stay blond because it helps hide the grey... or she may be someone who always "felt" blond and has arrived at where she feels comfortable (even the red was more of a strawberry blond colour).

I have a lot of fellow-feeling with Catherine in that she's one who puts the weight on her face very quickly. I've envied people who are far heavier than I am yet their face still looks amazing (little to no evidence of double chins) whereas even at a medically normal weight the double chin is always there or thereabouts.

I would like her to stop going into what now seems a rote-learned prepared ode to QVC during her shows. When she's not doing this, she does ask questions and let guests answer, which is more than can be said for the know-it-alls such as Sara Griffiths, Julia Roberts, Debbie Flint and Jill Franks. She also isn't rude, doesn't interrupt, and doesn't gabble at a hysteria-inducing pace.

I like Catherine. She's one of the few who actually let people speak and doesn't talk over her guests. I think she's very sweet and a "normal", down to earth type who's not afraid to share some of her personal things. I believe she's a single parent so perhaps she does have a little emotional insecurity and maybe does feel the need to want some care and attention. I can sympathise with that. I'd definitely rather watch her for an hour than the likes of DF, JF and SG.

Oh and I do like her hair in a copper shade, particularly the lighter "strawberry blonde" version :grin:

I like her blonde and I also like her hair straight. It was all wavey davey the other day and I thought it added years to her. Mind you I just don't like wavy hair as I have it myself. I quite like Catherine but she does go on a bit with the weight issues (where?) and age catching up (really?). That could just be insecurity on how others see her. Personally I think she's a very pretty lady who has no need to worry about her looks.

CC

Don't kid yourselves - it is nothing to do with insecurity - she is just one of those people who fish for compliments constantly by talking about herself in negative tones all the bleeding time. It becomes so false after the first few times never mind the zillionth time she simpers it.

Her children are all well into adulthood and her partner and she only split relatively recently so I would hardly term her a single parent.

Thank you everyone for your kind input. Catherine looks very different tonight on the LG TSV. Cannot quite put my finger on it. Maybe its the red lips on CH that makes her look different

Latest posts

Back