Has Q finally 'lost the plot'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Hello,

Or should that be has Q lost the plot part '2 million'!

I know I stated in a previous posting that I would 'simmer down' and boy was it hard after Carla and yesterday's TSV, and her '1000 and 1 ways' of describing her 'girls', 'puppies', 'boys' take your pick (the TSV was shapewear so I think one can safely (and correctly assume where I am going with that, but as this is a 'family forum' I will leave that there)),

No this posting is with regards to today's TSV, have Q really really lost the plot (I mean more so than normal (if that is indeed possible (yep the brackets are back)), I mean the TSV today is available on another Shopping Channel and not only that Charlie mentions (several times) the other shopping channel, surely that is like mentioning the competition? I mean they will be selling things from IW next and stating what a 'massive' price reduction they have. I am not sure whether it is me and I know others stated before on this forum that they think Q is struggling and this only 'waters those seeds of doubt'!

One wonders whether Q has a stake-holders share in 'High Street TV' thus are allowed to mention it by name rather than the ambiguous 'look elsewhere' which is usually the statement, for being able to find the same product cheaper in the mythical 'elsewhere'!

Many years ago, Dale inadvertently used the phrase "In an ideal world" then realised what he'd said, so immediately said "Wash my mouth out with soap".

That is quite an old saying, does anyone else know it?

I wouldn't expect nothing less from Plastic Dale "used car salesman" Franklin if I'm honest, they seem to think that anyone that doesn't pay over the odds and pay extortionate p&p shopping at QVC should be certified. It's like Yorkrose says, they've definitely lost the plot selling Highstreet and other shopping channels goods, as for IW, I've had free items, money off, one item number one p&p, free returns, next day delivery for an extra pound, great customer service, fast delivery, if something's missing or a problem they send the missing piece or new item out, oh no, no sending the lot back with IW, so er yes Dale! wash your mouth out! :mysmilie_17:

pppo
Hello,

Or should that be has Q lost the plot part '2 million'!

I know I stated in a previous posting that I would 'simmer down' and boy was it hard after Carla and yesterday's TSV, and her '1000 and 1 ways' of describing her 'girls', 'puppies', 'boys' take your pick (the TSV was shapewear so I think one can safely (and correctly assume where I am going with that, but as this is a 'family forum' I will leave that there)),

No this posting is with regards to today's TSV, have Q really really lost the plot (I mean more so than normal (if that is indeed possible (yep the brackets are back)), I mean the TSV today is available on another Shopping Channel and not only that Charlie mentions (several times) the other shopping channel, surely that is like mentioning the competition? I mean they will be selling things from IW next and stating what a 'massive' price reduction they have. I am not sure whether it is me and I know others stated before on this forum that they think Q is struggling and this only 'waters those seeds of doubt'!

One wonders whether Q has a stake-holders share in 'High Street TV' thus are allowed to mention it by name rather than the ambiguous 'look elsewhere' which is usually the statement, for being able to find the same product cheaper in the mythical 'elsewhere'!

i would have thought that it is to do with the 2.1 bilion dollar aquisition of HSN by QVC
i don't follow these things in any meaningul detail
but think it was Q's largest competitor,
there was a mention of this on the front news page of this site
which may interest you
and answer your questions posed

I've heard of it, strato, and use the phrase myself on occasions! Also, I may be mistaken, but didn't PJ (who used to be a very regular poster on here, with some hilarious comments), have "In an Ideal World" as part of his username caption? It always used to make me smile, because he always had something pertinent to say about IW (particularly Barra Boy) and the dubious selling techniques.
Many years ago, Dale inadvertently used the phrase "In an ideal world" then realised what he'd said, so immediately said "Wash my mouth out with soap".

:mysmilie_15: Lol! Yes, a case of "would you buy a used car from this man?" (answer = No). He used to crack me up when he referred to himself on-screen as "the silver fox". I reckon he was told to put a sock in it, but he used that phrase a lot when on with Will & Charlie of Charlie Bears; I used to watch the hours 'back in the day' when they showed well-made, reasonably priced bears, some of which I bought as presents for the nieces and nephews. I'd be the first to say he doesn't irritate me anywhere near as much as the women do, but you have to laugh at the egos they all have.
I wouldn't expect nothing less from Plastic Dale "used car salesman" Franklin if I'm honest, they seem to think that anyone that doesn't pay over the odds and pay extortionate p&p shopping at QVC should be certified. It's like Yorkrose says, they've definitely lost the plot selling Highstreet and other shopping channels goods, as for IW, I've had free items, money off, one item number one p&p, free returns, next day delivery for an extra pound, great customer service, fast delivery, if something's missing or a problem they send the missing piece or new item out, oh no, no sending the lot back with IW, so er yes Dale! wash your mouth out! :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
:mysmilie_15: Lol! Yes, a case of "would you buy a used car from this man?" (answer = No). He used to crack me up when he referred to himself on-screen as "the silver fox". I reckon he was told to put a sock in it, but he used that phrase a lot when on with Will & Charlie of Charlie Bears; I used to watch the hours 'back in the day' when they showed well-made, reasonably priced bears, some of which I bought as presents for the nieces and nephews. I'd be the first to say he doesn't irritate me anywhere near as much as the women do, but you have to laugh at the egos they all have.

He's always smiling and laughing when he talks H, just like.......yes you guessed it.......a used car salesman. :mysmilie_17:

Yorky26, I think you're right, and as we have spoken about many times on here, QVC are feeling the pinch, so are grateful to be flogging anything at the moment. Either they are not getting the quality 'vendors' through the door who want to get their products 'out there', or their profits are too high. There are many brands that haven't been seen for ages, and why is that ? and why are so many more products on advance orders only ? even Joan Collins beauty range has disappeared over the horizon. I'm surprised we haven't had the stuff to get rid of skin tags flogged to us yet !!!!

QVC, except for the excruciatingly, eye watering p&p charge, are virtually unrecognisable from the past, bareMinerals was like there go to brand on every five minutes as was Nails Inc, but they're not on half as much now the parent company in America are shipping over more American brands than ever before.

Off line a bit, I think someone should challenge QVC as to why when The Real Pie Company send orders out direct from themselves free p&p, why are QVC taking on average £5.95 for doing sweet FA? Out of all the rip offs QVC present, I think this has got to be one of the worse.

I've heard of it, strato, and use the phrase myself on occasions! Also, I may be mistaken, but didn't PJ (who used to be a very regular poster on here, with some hilarious comments), have "In an Ideal World" as part of his username caption? It always used to make me smile, because he always had something pertinent to say about IW (particularly Barra Boy) and the dubious selling techniques.

Anyone know what happened to PJ?

It is a saying that we use a lot in our household, owing to the fact that in our household we want a lot, but it ain't ever going to happen, thus the phrase well 'in an ideal world' we could have/do (or other appropriate word), [that], whatever the
'that' is purporting to!

QVC, except for the excruciatingly, eye watering p&p charge, are virtually unrecognisable from the past, bareMinerals was like there go to brand on every five minutes as was Nails Inc, but they're not on half as much now the parent company in America are shipping over more American brands than ever before.

Off line a bit, I think someone should challenge QVC as to why when The Real Pie Company send orders out direct from themselves free p&p, why are QVC taking on average £5.95 for doing sweet FA? Out of all the rip offs QVC present, I think this has got to be one of the worse.

This has been mentioned before with other posting as Gower Cottage (which now has free p&p), use to charge even though on their own website it was free. I have tried one of these and I must say I was underwhelmed by them, they are very small, though because of the sweetness/chocolate intensity yes you only need a small one, but still I would never buy!

Latest posts

Back