Has she lost it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am more amazed by the fact that Q allow Debbie to flog her books while on air. She blatantly encourages people to go to Amazon to buy it.
Surely Amazon are one of Q's biggest competitors? I know I always compare them before I decide where to buy something from. Books & CD's especially.

Honestly the way some presenters carry on makes me think that the Q sales figures are down. Combine that with the appalling P&P costs and delivery times(doeslonger delivery costs them less?)which other retailers deal with more competitively....I'm only thinking out loud.

Agree with that, WOCC. Odd how these days, presenters seem to be terrified into watching their screens all the time and putting on false personas (ingratiating, cutesy, rude, hard, money-grabbing, interrupting, whatever) - except the shameless who couldn't give a toss about what anyone thinks anyway. It seems as if the company culture has changed recently.

I'm not sure I understand the outrage that Debbie Flint elicits from many forum members; her type of extraordinary patter is one of the many things which drew me to watching shopping channels. When they have 60 minutes to fill talking about one or two items I'm amazed at the nonsense they spout.

I read similar posts on the Bid forum - whereas I marvel at the depths to which their
sales pitches sink, there are some who think shopping and auction channels owe a duty
of care to never exaggerate or fib about having bought and loved an item. It's this inane
wittering that I love.

I'm not talking about claims that break the laws governing telly selling, but I love a bit of car-crash selling, the curiously embellished anecdotes to draw in the punters and the elaborate calculations the presenter uses to justify a buy of £80 because you'll be
saving £140 and you won't have to pay parking, petrol and for a cake at Costa all factored into the convoluted equation!

They're sales-people trying to meet targets. I know there are vulnerable people out there but I don't think selly presenters owe a greater duty of care to discourage over-spending than any other sales person.

I like Debbie, then again I like JF and Chloe too. I also don't mind Marverine or Craig either. CH is just as pushy as Debbie is but somehow some people don't seem to mind because she does it in such a sickly sweet, gushy manner. That is more offensive to me personally.

I would love to know how Debbie Flint would react if a family member of hers were sucked into the sales patter of a shopping presenter and ended up it debt, I dare say she would be straight on FB and twitter telling everyone. If shes presenting a show , I don't watch :mysmilie_14:

I only switched over in the NCIS interval to see what was on the beauty show, and all I got was claw hands JF promoting garden stuff and then it was back to DF who plugged her ******.book! Back on channel 5 now!

Oh she never ever misses the opportunity to flog her ****** trashy book! For heavens sake - it's just SHAMELESS!! Someone at QVC should have a word! She's getting worse with the hard sell anyway, but now she's off on the book flogging again, it's a real switch off.

Maybe they're getting desperate now with Bid tv going into administration, the presenters must be worried about their jobs as perhaps the days of tv shopping are finished as we know them.

Latest posts

Back