Has Skechers taken over from Birkenstock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
At this time of year for the last few years there used to be constant Birkenstock shows, where as now it seems to be Skechers, is this because of the 'American influence', or that Birkenstock's (or the lady that use to present them), have disassociated themselves with Q (a bit like Molton Brown did for years (thought they too good for 'selly telly' but now back in a very muted form on Q (I think the moral to that is don't mess with the 'Q' effect!

Speaking of Molton Brown, what exactly is it (I know it is 'lotions and potions') but what category does it actually fall into, I can never work it out! I mean there are no anti-ageing effects (or nothing really touted) about the products, the guest presenters talk of the 'smells and colours' over anything else, I have therefore never actually been able to understand how they use to sell some many units as the Q Christmas TSV all those years ago, maybe that is it, maybe it is just a product that 'looks nice as a gift'!

Molton Brown fits into the L'Occitane range of products. The lady who used present talked of the exotic locations etc making it sound like a pleasure to bath. It was a British Brand of good quality bath and body products, now owned by a Japanese company. They did skin care which was simple and easy to use now discontinued. Molton Brown actually started out as a hairdryers in the 70s then expansed. They did lovely make up as well. The old TSVs you got full size bath and body products skin care all for under £20.

Molton Brown fits into the L'Occitane range of products. The lady who used present talked of the exotic locations etc making it sound like a pleasure to bath. It was a British Brand of good quality bath and body products, now owned by a Japanese company. They did skin care which was simple and easy to use now discontinued. Molton Brown actually started out as a hairdryers in the 70s then expansed. They did lovely make up as well. The old TSVs you got full size bath and body products skin care all for under £20.

'Heady nights of expectation' was a favourite of mine. In all fairness though, Jill made the brand for me. Sadly she has passed away now and I can't take to this new guest at all.

You have Molton Brown in your bathroom(s), cloakrooms, en-suites so you go up in your friend's estimation as they marvel at your choice and realise what a person of taste & discrimination you are rather than someone who has a handwash from the Pound shop.OR you could get one bottle of MB & then refill with handwash from Pound shop.But then you hands would age overnight.

OOPS!! Hairdressers not hairdryers:mysmilie_17:

I remember years ago on a day trip to Glasgow going into Fraser's toilets. They had Molton Brown handwash and hand lotions, yes I was impressed.

OOPS!! Hairdressers not hairdryers:mysmilie_17:

I remember years ago on a day trip to Glasgow going into Fraser's toilets. They had Molton Brown handwash and hand lotions, yes I was impressed.

Shortly after starting to watch Q I went into Brown Thomas in Dublin and was impressed to see MB in the ladies but sorry to say wasnt impressed at all as I was itching almost immediately.

for nearly two decades molton brown and l'occy are the only handwashes i use ..love them

I can't use perfumed soaps etc so luckily I've never been sucked into paying those prices but I more than make up for it by spending money on other unnecessary items!

Not keen on this presenter enjoyed it when Jill Goldsmith RIP did the Shows.

Latest posts

Back