Hattie Houston - Designer Extraordinaire

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

VapidStoat

Registered Shopper
Anybody catch Hattie's shift last night? She was at one point flogging an obviously plastic Kimbie bag, and was very, very overexcited about it. She's apparently forgotten that not so long ago she had her own range of dubious fashion and tacky accessories. That she supposedly designed herself. Hmmm.

Well, Ms Expert Designer was waxing lyrical on the bag's features, when she suddenly hit a brick wall. The poor love didn't know what the things on the bases of bags are that raise the bag up, and stop them getting dirty. A viewer had to text in to tell Hattie that they're called "feet".

So yes, there's nothing Hattie doesn't know about fashion. Or actually does know, apparently. And this, as I mentioned above, is after months of fronting her own fashion brand.

Another thing that made me laugh was when Hattie exclaimed loudly about how well stitched the bag was. Then the camera panned down the bag she was holding, and the base looked luke it was slowly coming apart from the front of the bag. 😁

The whole thing was farcical. Yet people were still apparently coming in to buy. Lord knows why.

I can only ever watch Hattie for short periods because I find her way too hyperactive. She can’t even say anything without bobbing or nodding her head continuously. I don’t believe that she can sit still at all, ever.Most of the crap sold under the Kimbie name can be sourced for much less online. It only takes a minute to check and I wish more people would.

I can only ever watch Hattie for short periods because I find her way too hyperactive. She can’t even say anything without bobbing or nodding her head continuously. I don’t believe that she can sit still at all, ever.Most of the crap sold under the Kimbie name can be sourced for much less online. It only takes a minute to check and I wish more people would.
I think that the current selly telly channels are fighting to flog their tat to an ever decreasing customer base who are either ignorant or phobic of the internet.

I can't see many young people finding these channels attractive. And as time goes on, I think that we'll see more of the remaining channels go to the wall.

More and more people shop online now. So like it's killing off high streets, online shopping will kill off shopping telly.

Anybody catch Hattie's shift last night? She was at one point flogging an obviously plastic Kimbie bag, and was very, very overexcited about it. She's apparently forgotten that not so long ago she had her own range of dubious fashion and tacky accessories. That she supposedly designed herself. Hmmm.

Well, Ms Expert Designer was waxing lyrical on the bag's features, when she suddenly hit a brick wall. The poor love didn't know what the things on the bases of bags are that raise the bag up, and stop them getting dirty. A viewer had to text in to tell Hattie that they're called "feet".

So yes, there's nothing Hattie doesn't know about fashion. Or actually does know, apparently. And this, as I mentioned above, is after months of fronting her own fashion brand.

Another thing that made me laugh was when Hattie exclaimed loudly about how well stitched the bag was. Then the camera panned down the bag she was holding, and the base looked luke it was slowly coming apart from the front of the bag. 😁

The whole thing was farcical. Yet people were still apparently coming in to buy. Lord knows why.
She makes me think of Victor Meldrew on speed. She can come across as quite aggressive and 'in yer face', but then the next minute she's oozing (fake) sincerity that practically floods out of the TV. I'd have LOVED to see her struggling to find the right word - lucky she didn't say 'these knobs'. (Supply your own identification to anyone on shopping telly who meets this latter criteria....the queue is forming on the right...)

Most of the crap sold under the Kimbie name can be sourced for much less online. It only takes a minute to check and I wish more people would.

Yes. A couple of us on here have found almost everything form the Kimbie range on Temu.

I'm genuinely baffled as to what Gemporia's USP is these days. Someone on here suggested that Gemporia (and other selly telly channels such as TJC) need to branch out from selling just jewellery in order to survive - but they're literally now selling stuff that people can get on Amazon, eBay and the Chinese apps such as Temu or AliExpress.

Surely if you want to survive in the year 2024, you need to have a product that is unique - so that people have no other alternative than to buy directly from you.

I'm struggling to see how Gemporia can survive long term. They literally have no USP or 'identity' these days. Their USP used to be offering rare and unusual gemstones at affordable prices by sourcing gemstones directly from mine and cutting out the middleman.

None of this applies these days. Their gemstones are limited to Jadeite with barely any colour, cheap Agates, Strawberry Quartz, filled Amazonite and dyed Opals. Their prices are now extortionate. They seem to buy most of their gems from trade events such as Tucson and the Hong Kong Gem Show - and they can't claim to be 'saving money by cutting out the middleman' when they pay Dave Troth a salary to stand waffling on our screens for hours on end, and while they have a £30m loan to pay back (no doubt with a hefty interest fee on top).

They've gone from offering something unique and affordable to mass-produced overpriced Chinese imported stuff that people can buy from the likes of eBay, Amazon and Temu.

I'll be amazed if they're still around in their current form in 5 years time.

Latest posts

Back